Their worst video to date?

Their worst video to date?
Haven't heard an opinion that shitty since ConfusedMatthew was still alive

they went rogue this time since Disney didn't cut them a check

Triggered?

It's sort of pointless to categorize their videos as "worst" or "best" when they are all mediocre. It's part of their charm.

RLM is at least understandable when they're wrong. Some reviewers, like Confused Matthew, are just so baffling you don't know if they even realize why people watch movies.

they were totally on point. you're just mad because they happen to be more observant and insightful than you. stop sucking mouse cock and accept that the movie was shit

nah they were ashamed of seeing the other star wars fans being nostalgia faggots and it reminded them thats who they are

I didnt mind the review.. but they wree kinda salty the whole time. Would liked to have heard more about what they liked and focused on that for a while.

>movie set in star wars universe
>movie is set 10 minutes before episode 10
>movie is a star wars movie
>complain that it has star wars things

except their criticism is total dogshit, I'm not a fan of Rogue One but saying it should have been more like marvel movies or it needed more humour, come the fuck on

that's not what they said at all. you're literally too stupid to watch a youtube film review

yeah ok let's call each other names

Real question is confused Matthew really dead? Haven't thought about that piece of shit in years.

>TFA is a carbon copy of New Hope with decrepit corpses of original cast dragged along
>AMAZING
>Rogue One has its own original plot, entirely new cast, with some minor winks to the audience
>DURR IT WAS SAD I HATED IT WHYS NOBODY KISSING

Would you rather have the leftover pizza from last night for dinner or a fresh piece of shit?

hahahahaha you actually believe this

>Their worst video to date?

They tried a little too hard on the "look at us we're not at all like other youtube critics that are jizzing all over Star Wars" angle. And their criticism of the film was a bit more meandering and vague than normal.

When Jay started talking about how he's glad that Disney took a risk on this film and that while it might not have landed successfully it was worth taking the risk that was probably the best part of the review. But when they were just yelling incoherently about star wars imagery being in a star wars movie set 10 minutes before star wars they kind of lost me. There is a difference between establishing the 8th film in a film series in the same universe as the other 7 and pointlessly jerking off fans, having x-wings and tie fighters and star destroyers isn't the latter.

Rotting pizza and literal shit are essentially the same

He's dead? Anyway, I'm still triggered by his autistic evaluation of Lion King. How could he fuck up the review so bad at the stampede scene? The little lion, by Matt's own assessment, was a cunt who thought he was hot shit with his "roar". He meowed and thought his meow so powerful (echoing off the walls) that he blamed himself for spooking the animals. He then blamed himself for not listening to everyone who told him to take it easy with that shit, ultimatly blaming himself for his dad's death.

Day old pizza saved as leftovers is not going to be rotting

>disneyshills still triggered

Never change

It was really bad. The only funny joke was editing cartoon Tarkin into the trailer. And their criticisms made no sense to me. First they rail on it for not feeling enough like Star Wars, then whine about its lack of originality. It all basically translated to me as: "We want every Star Wars movie to be a carbon copy of the IT." And I understand why they feel that way after the prequels, but I don't. There's room for more than one type of story in a universe that vast. Rogue One is far from perfect, but at least it was something different.

that makes sense. it was a review inspired from self loathing. why do i still like star wars. i am an adult. i need help. why can't i be a normal person that doesn't care about star wars.

Daily reminder that quality and pandering are separate issues. Certainly, pandering diminishes the quality of a film, but just because a film panders doesn't mean it's entirely bad. Likewise, just because a film avoids pandering as much or recycling as much material doesn't mean it's inherently good.

You guys are falling into the same trap as Max Landis, when he got all pissy about the critical reception to his "original idea" without realizing that people weren't going to give his shitty movie any leeway just because it was a new IP.

*OT

TFA is not fresh at all

Do you know what leftovers are?

Not fresh but edible

How is anything I said not a fact?
They complain about AT-ATs and AT-STs, both of which appear in the movie for like 5 minutes for understandable reasons - AT-ST marches in a cramped urban environment and AT-ATs were just stationed there
They complain about lightsabers, all 20 seconds of them
They complain about Jyn, while praising Rey, the marysuest space chosen one fairy
They complain about 'boring characters', while chinkchong duo was far more interesting than comedic negro from TFA
They complain about dark tone in a Star Wars movie - isn't that what made ESB so beloved?

The point is very clear. They aren't complaining that there are star fighters or that they a detrimental. They wanted more then just that and they didn't get it.

It seemed like their point was that the characters sucked so nothing mattered in the end.

:^)

I mean, i disagree with them, i just saw the movie and thought it was ok if not outright good, but at the end of the day i can see their point

After all it's just what Sup Forums keeps spouting about TFA but applied to a different movie: we didn't need it, it was too fanservice-y, the characters lacked depth etc.

They give a break to TFA because to them it felt like classic SW while this one they didn't like because of the war-centered and grittier atmosphere, but that's their opinion, they say it themselves that at the same time it's good that the movie tried something different, it's just that in their opinion it didn't deliver properly

Oh wait but this is Sup Forums so i have to irrationally shit on everything resembling a different opinion, nevermind

>This movie was too dark and depressing... i wanted more happiness in my Star Wars movie
Has RLM gone full pleb saying that movies have to be happy and hopeful in order to be good.
Oh and lets not pass up on noticing the irony of people being mad at Disney for not making a happy movie with a typical Disney-ending

Nah.
Also in case you ever wanted to know what he looked like. File Photo.

They contradicted themselves constantly during the review, "It's too much star wars, it needs to be more star wars, they can't do anything new, why didn't they do things the same, etc.." They don't know what they want and they don't know what to make of this new movie, they mostly critiqued the people that were happy about seeing a new star wars movie.

Except they said it themselves, literally, they see it as a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, and Rich often said he liked the effort to make it darker and Jay appreciated the daring ending. Did you watch the thing?

>it was too fanservice-y
there were only like three small and very quick moments that were blatant fanservice. Vader's and Leia's scenes at the end doesn't count because those scenes were necessary to form a transition into Episode 4.

You know that RLM is more than one person right? And if one of them states an opinion and then another one states a different opinion, that's not a contradiction...that's literally two different people stating an opinion.

I guess. I'm not agreeing with them, but to be fair, the first time Jimmy Smith showed up without saying a word and the cantina guy tried to pick up a fight with Jyn i outright laughed and felt kinda exploited, as a fan. Nothing deal-breaking for me, but they were stupid moments. R2 and C3PO presence especially felt unnecessary because we still have them in the mainline movies after all

AT-ST's! AT-ST's! AT-ST's! AT-ST's! AT-ST's! AT-ST's! AT-ST's! AT-ST's! AT-ST's! AT-ST's! AT-ST's!

Triggered starcucks on suicide watch. Your franchise is shit and any future movie will be built on referencing past one, end of.

This is what autism looks like

>RLM is at least understandable when they're wrong.

I would agree with this up until the point where Mike started suggesting they should have made it more like Ocean's 11 in space or a Mission Impossible movie. As if a Star Wars movie about fucking war was a ridiculous notion that "got star wars wrong"

Also the fact that they're tearing this apart for too many classic SW references but still enjoy TFA.

On one thing i completely agree tho, Cassian was a boring, if not bad, character. His character development can only be explained with "i guess he kinda agreed with Jyn" and it was weird how they introduced the fact he had a dark/suffering past but never expanded on it

Did your prostate tingle when you saw the lightsaber?

The review was spot on. The main characters of the movie are all paper thin and pointless.

Throwing in as many star wars callbacks in order to trick the plebs in to thinking it was a complete movie is absurd. If you think rogue one was good, you are wrong. :)

But they were right. 100% right.

The only reason why it would piss you off is if you think its inconsistent with TFA, but considering how much everyone thought of TFA on release, and how they accepted a lot of fan service to make up for the prequels, it seems reasonable-ish.

Either way. Rogue One and all nostalgia bait is inherently shit. Grow the fuck up.

Sup Mike, hi Jay

I will never not forget ATST ATST ATST ATST

Alright reddit, calm down.

he wasn't, the point he was making is he thought the characters would have larger or more specific roles like the characters did in o11 and would do stuff like in MI, not be those movies. They make the clear point the characters in the original trilogy is what makes the movies more then just memorable for having pew pew laser ships. Thats why they say they got star wars wrong.

>Rogue One is shit
Okay.
>double down on their claims of TFA being good while contradicting themselves at the same time
>mention capeshit as something to aspire to

It's literally what they said.

They said that space battle was unnecessary and should be cut. They are fucking idiots.

They complained that there was too much Star Wars in a Star Wars movie. They wanted a Marvel movie, for whatever reason.

Also, they criticized it for relying too much on nostalgia. Meanwhile, they loved TFA.

They are hacks.

Literally one of their best and it shows they're waking up from their stupor and will soon trash garbage movies made for manchildren
Rogue One is a movie that relies on you going "OH MY GOD I KNOW THAT OH MY GOD I KNOW THAT WHAT THATS REFERENCING OH MY GOD MY NOSTALGIA OH MY GOD LIKE IN MY CHILDHOOD OH MY GOD". Nostalgia fucking sucks and needs to fucking die as a marketing tool before film as an artistic medium can move past the endless shit we have today.
If you actually liked Rogue One you're a fucking drooling retard who fell for the marketing and love it because it has the words Star Wars in it and because you loved Star Wars as a child you think it's socially acceptable to fucking jerk off over this horseshit nostalgia bait flick.
The sooner "nostalgia" dies out as a thing plebs enjoy the better.

They need to face the fact that most characters in Episode IV were also bad and Mark was a horrible actor.

Seriously, Obi Wan or Leia didn't get more development than RO characters.

I liked Rogue One and it was probably my favorite SW movie besides the OT. That being said this review was funny so props to RLM.

basically yeah. I don't know why you faggots even bother watching RLM

YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY THE ISLAMIC TRUCK OF TOLERANCE
______________¶___
|religion of peace ||l “”|””\__,_
|______________|||__|__|__|]beep!beep! † † †
(@)@)*********(@)(@)**(@)

>"OH MY GOD I KNOW THAT OH MY GOD I KNOW THAT WHAT THATS REFERENCING OH MY GOD MY NOSTALGIA OH MY GOD LIKE IN MY CHILDHOOD OH MY GOD".

You just described TFA, which they loved.

>Their worst video to date?

There are some HitB episodes I ignored but out of the ones I saw, yes. Definitely the worst one.

This,
The most amount of character development in Star Wars is during the prequels which funnily enough is the movies they hate above all others

Ahahaha butthurt Sup Forumsfags blown the FUCK out.

10/10 review, one of their best yet. You faggots got CALLED on all your dumb reddity star wars fanboy shit.

Oh yes, I sure remember that older SW movies had Rebels murdering their own agents when it was necessary. Or rebel soldiers using ISIS tactics.

Movie had some nostalgia crap and few unnecessary references, but it still took 20 times more risk than TFA.

It's just weird that I disagreed so strongly with them this time. Worse thing is that I can't really post my opinion because
A) There's at least 50 other people either saying the same shit or different variations of shit
B) Who the Fuck cares what some dickhead says on the internet
C) i FEEL like an asshole just typing this out.
I don't like this, not one bit.

Yeah and I didn't and think they're wrong about that movie

none of them give a shit about star wars
tfa just didn't bore them

Did you enjoy the funny robots and space cars?

Amazing how fanboys got triggered by this review.

The score sucked, Bodhi's character needed more fleshing out, Forest Whitaker's acting was not very good and the C3PO/R2D2 scene was pointless.

Other than that, good movie. Solid 7/10.

i was a little miffed when they implied capeshit movies still have elements of quality. other than that i think they should have shit on tfa as hard as rogue one

im tired of the play it safe throwbacks and rehash work in star wars

>Unnessary characters (asian heavy weapons guy, crazy hispanic goggles man could both go)
>dumb cameos by "He doesn"t like you" guy, R2 and 3PO, Leia
>Tone wasn't consistent. It should have been darker and more brutal, or more fun like a spy movie. It half-assed both of these and failed
Those were my only gripes. Complaining that it had too much Star Wars stuff is dumb. And *some* fanservice is fine. The vader part was awesome, we have to have some fun parts, they make the movie enjoyable. His part made sense in the context of the story.

I know right, the fact that they're review was 100% right only makes it even funnier.

I could understand if this was the tenth time Disney had made a movie like this but it was pretty much the first.

Their critique about going back to the well of OT references didn't resonate with me and I'm not even sure how they feel that way since TFA did the same shit and they loved that. The appearance of R2/3PO and the guys from the cantina were distracting but most of the stuff, like returning ships, characters, and planets are essential to the plot and didn't hurt the flow of the film.

>people still don't grasp that the video was ironic

They more complained about less focus on characterization while spending too much time on the old stuff, not merely the fact it was there.

What's worse is that he wanted it to be a copy of Ocean's Eleven as if Ocean's Eleven: in Space would be a good film.

It remade some of the ideas from the OT but didn't have as many references as R1 did (tavern guy, r2d2, etc.)

He didn't. He wanted the characters to be used in a way that you could compare to oceans 11.

They're right.

Remember when R2D2 showed up in Knight of the Old Republic?

member during the plinkett review of TFA and mike went on a rant for the last 10 minutes about how the movie was bad because there was no interracial sex scene between rey and finn?

yeah that should of been a red flag right there,
red letter media have gotten caught up in their own hype. they've turned to complete shit.

But user those capeshit movies are completely different. Captain Americas quips are different than Thors quips because Thor is from assguard.

And those aren't particularly interesting characterizations. They seem pretty cookie cutter.

The opening scene made me laugh and the whole video was generally entertaining. I thought their criticisms of Rogue 1 were extremely on point, although I think a lot of them were criticisms that would also fit The Force Awakens, but I suppose they gave that movie a pass because it was the first competent Star War movies in decades.

A fun video to watch, overall. Don't see the reason for all the butthurt.

Star Wars fags stay mad

because they loved TFA, but hated R1 for the same reasons. even though TFA did the same things way worse. they were more hamfisted and it's a complete rehash of a new hope.

The only bad thing about the review for me was the backtracking of Mike on the Marvel movies. Just a month ago he was bored to tears with Doctor Strange and now he's celebrating everything they do right with them that clearly Star Wars does not.

the point being the movie didn't take enough risks

As I said, I imagine they gave that movie a pass because it was the first competent Star War movies in decades. Now that Rogue One is the second of the upcoming five billion Star War movies to come within our lifetimes, its faults are less forgivable.

ConfusedMatthew was based

>Throwing in as many star wars callbacks in order to trick the plebs in to thinking it was a complete movie is absurd
Sounds a bit like TFA

AT ST
AT ST
AT ST

I think they're talking long term. So far we've had two Star Wars movies, but we know they want to make a franchise out of it.

Marvel has had:
3 Iron Man Movies
3 Captain America Movies
2 Thor Movies
Ant Man
Doctor Strange
2 Avengers Movies
2 Guardians of the Galaxy Movies

And normies will go and see those in droves, because while they're not original they're watchable. That's what they're saying, they can't keep this up and expect the same numbers as marvel films when they have to spend so much on a media blitz in order to get people to leave their houses. Marvel just has to allude to a film to get people to go see it.

the difference being tfa wasn't boring

>TFA does it
haha i loved it! classic star wars
>R1 does it but better and more natural
SERIOUSLY!? This movie sucks!

fags

>The Force Awakens
>competent
The editing alone is awful. Watch a film, nigger.

I'll give them that the characters were not fleshed out well enough (even though this was a problem for everyone but Rey in TFA, and Rey was a mary sue stop pretending like that's not a fucking issue RLM). R1 had a much more interesting crew than what TFA had but unfortunately there just wasn't enough of a setup to really make you FEEL when the characters were in peril or dying (imperial robot death made me sad though, he was fun and enjoyable most of the time). It's a real shame because it's so easy to see the potential it had to be fucking great, but still, the fact that they even got close to that means it's a much better movie than TFA was.

None of their other critique on R1 made any damn sense. I was extra bummed out because usually Jay is the man of more refined taste but even he thinks TFA is better and gets a pass for all its bullshit somehow.

they are fucking cancer