When did you outgrow movies?

When did you outgrow movies?

The older I get, I realise that all forms of entertainment are actually pretty fucking childish, and the worst offender are movies. Seriously, how the fuck can you guys genuinely get emotional over moving photographs where people literally play dress up and pretend. Is being an actor the most childish job someone can get? How can anyone admire people from the entertainment industry? It's all fake and worthless.

>older I get

so, what are you now...18?

stop watching capeshit you mouthbreathing fuck

I outgrew movies at age 19, but I still watch kino

*tips fedora*

So step up your game to films about adults. Problem solved.

What should I watch then? Some old fart's family drama is still dress up and pretend. I'm not interested in other people's fictional problems.

Not understanding empathy is a sign of autism.

>So step up your game to films about adults.
There's no such thing, and if there were, they'd probably be the preachiest as fuck garbage that meant absolutely nothing at the end.

(You)

>doesn't understand that having empathy for imaginary beings is a sign of autism
Publicly educated at it's finest. Yes, you still get an award for participation.

>the quality of acting is so low he can't get lost in the characters
Heh, nothing personal kid.

T. Holden Caulfield.

Every thing is the same
some thing has to do something because of something.
Also people who like time travel or think it can be done right are idiots. time travel doesn't exist. Its a magic concept that is left up to the writer to decide how it magically works. parodox's aren't plot hole, time travel isn't real.

Watch Scenes From A Marriage and tell me it's "preachy" or "about nothing".
But you'd think it meant nothing because you've never had a relationship.

Marriage comes from an inherently religious institution and we all know religion is fake and pretend, again.

I just don't tolerate pretenders anymore. Adults don't exist, at least not on planet earth, only manchildren.

it is the mark of a childish person to try and be in control of all aspects of their environment and to have an aversion to anything considered "childish" in itself

Your post criticizing my being is childish desu

You sound like what 40yr olds mean when the complain about millenial whining.

OP I share your feels but even more intensified because /lit/ is my main board. Older art forms are even worse for pretentiousness.

Look at books to see the future of movies. Books have little attention and "blockbusters" that are spread out more thinly than movies. Novels are now mainly used as a social signalling mechanism for people to signal either some level of intellectual sophistication ("I read Plato / Dickens / Austen etc") or a certain type of educational background ("I read the odyssey in Latin").

So I guess in a way I agree and disagree. If outgrowing movies means caring about anything other than enjoyment then I don't want to outgrow anything. But if outgrowing means avoiding the pretentious pedestalisation of movies, then yes, I have outgrown things.

I agree with you that the way art is pedestalised is used to obscure it's main function: enjoyment. Look at the newest art form, video games. It is going through what ALL art forms are going through: starting off as an obscure hobbyist thing; then laughed at as a manchild activity; then dismissed due to its use of new technology; then mass market appreciation; and in the future it will be overintellectualised to an absurd degree by academics who consist of a disproportionately large amount of women. In 2116 the Harvard video games department will be claiming that super Mario Bros 3 is better than the latest childish, trivial, gauche "beam the VR straight in to your brain" virtual world.

You're right.

This thirst for pseudo intellectualism found in video games and movies is starting to irritate me greatly.

be honest OP, how old are you

when you spend your life working full time in a job 5 days a week, at some point you just want to do something to relax or take your mind off reality. Also you will not have enough money to do something "meaningful" all the time, so unless you want to sit in a room with candles and dream like a fucking greek philospher, entertainment generally fills part of your free time