Honest question, why wouldn't you want to shoot a guy before throwing him out of a plane?

Honest question, why wouldn't you want to shoot a guy before throwing him out of a plane?

You throw guys off to dispose of the bodies, not to kill them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iFTMEOpmJT4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Magee
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Vulović
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Alkemade
youtube.com/watch?v=oSY36z6mAbI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bane ?

inb4 hotheads

you waste one bullet goy

>wasting resources

CIA was probably trained to avoid using lethal force unless absolutely necessary
After all, he was bluffing when he said "he didn't fly so good!"

Bane was calling CIA's bluff

I'm with you.

If you throw the guy out of the plane, how does that scare the blindfolded prisoners (which is what he's obviously trying to do). So why would he "claim" to throw them out, even as a bluff?

Bane is actually the one being illogical.

This is still my favorite thing to come out of 5+ years of bane posting.

youtube.com/watch?v=iFTMEOpmJT4

this is my second favorite.

So Bane knew CIA was bluffing about killing them

But then, why did he sacrifice his brother because "they expect one of us in the wreckage"?
Surely they would expect all three of them in the wreckage?

this was unnecessary because his henchmen could have at any time said "hey I'm still alive"

CIA thought people could survive being thrown out of planes. Thus he needed to shoot them to kill them, in his head
This is Nolan's subtle way of expanding on characters and explaining how CIA survived the plane crash without unnecessary exposition

W I T N E S S E D

Check'd.

the truth is that anything depicting the CIA or US military has to be approve (if not written) by the pentagon's PR outlet.

They're averse to depict the CIA straight up killing or torturing people unless it's under extreme circumstances.

QUINTS?

You wouldn't last one minute in the SKARCH

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Magee

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Vulović

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Alkemade

It's not impossible to survive falling out of a plane, it's just extremely unlikely.

Quints don't lie, CIA was in the right all along

youtube.com/watch?v=oSY36z6mAbI

This sums it up

How do people not get this.

He wanted to threaten the other prisoners.
No way for the prisoners to know if a prisoner got thrown out or not, and CIA aren't going to do screaming noises to bluff the prisoners. So they imply that they shot the guy. Now there is an implied threat to the prisoners, which CIA think will make them talk.

BANE? notices that it's illogical to shoot someone before throwing them out of the plane to kill them, thus, he knows it's a bluff and calls them out for it.

Why does Brother have to die then

The flight plan listed CIA, his men, Dr. Pavel, and one of them

I think the point is that it's a lot more scary to fall to your death, especially blindfolded than just being shot

that's only if they provide assistance like free planes or helicopters, the guy who they thank in credits for doing that wasn't in the dark knight rises

that was so damn anti-climactic. Nolan spends the whole film building up this epic badass villain and this epic build up to a final epic confrontation only to have batman randomly burst in and shoot him with his bike gun.

This. No prisoner body would mean that somehow, the prisoner escaped. 2-3 prisoner bodies would mean something unusual happened because there was only supposed to be 1. So they left 1 prisoner there so that there's no explanation about why the plane went down.