Is it overrated?

>THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FIND A STRANGER IN THE ALPS

It's rated just fine senpai

nope

Maybe a little, but it's still great

>overrated

got dat backwards boi

Yes and no?

For some people it's their favorite movie and they find it great. And these are the sort of people that can't stop talking about their favorite movie. So they'll go on and on about it. But it's sincere love of the movie, so in that respect they're not overrating it.

Does this make any sense? I don't think it's that great myself, but I'm fine with other people adoring it.

It has plenty of haters to balance out the patricians who enjoy it and the plebs who call it best movie ever made

>that scene where NEETs get BTFO

pottery

only 15 reviews for a movie as popular as The Big Lebowski? Weird

The old man was scam tho.

A little overrated, it's a really good movie but it's not as great as some people make it sound.

It's too accessible, is what it is. Bump it up a notch, make it foreign arthouse, and it'd be a far better film. The Coen brothers are simply too stylized and their backing too Hollywood for them to make a truly artistically worthwhile film.

Wait, did they censor "fuck a stranger in the ass" or what?

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.

yes, for television they changed it to "find a stranger in the alps"

it's actually even funnier that way

lol

i think i prefer this line, even if it makes no sense

reddit

nope,people would only feel this way because the rest of the coens filmography is underrated and this and true grit are the only ones popular with normies.
they are still 8/10 films.

yeah, we know you are.

Smokey, my friend, you are entering a world of pain.

WHO THE FUCK USES THAT MUCH KETCHUP??
opinion immediately discarded

Can someone give me insight on what did the nihilists represent?

I've never seen it front to back. I don't even really know the plot other than he wanted a new carpet from some rich jew or something.

I like Jeff Bridges though.

Almost as bad as
>My name is Buck and I like to party*

eight year olds, man.

Yes, it is.

It's good, but it's not THAT good.

Considering reddìt loves it, and all of its lines are commercialized on merchandise for Hot Topic and the like, I'd say yes, it's overrated.

>preacher
comicshit, opinion immediately trashed

Nobody fucks with Jesus.

Vampires love the red stuff, after all..

A vampire?

Probably. But it's still among the Top 100 films of the '90s.

what the fuck go watch barton fink you fucking pleb

Lebowski makes perfect sense. It's not that complicated to follow. It's very smartly written it just takes its time and has a lackadaisical pacing. Never understood proponents or detractors saying it doesn't make sense or is for stoners only. The plot is pretty straightforward especially for a noir.

The funny thing is that everyone they ask about big Lebowski likes it and he's the only one that doesn't.

why would a vampire love ketchup just because its red
makes no sense

It's stoner kino. If you aren't a stoner than chances are, yes, it's overrated, like most stoner culture.

>man
it's dude faggot

Cuz the show thinks it's being clever.

convinced me not to watch it

I love Joseph Gilgun, but my god Preacher was so fucking boring

I never understood that either

I didn't 100% get it when I first saw it, but the point is that the dude is in over his head and its messy. People try things and fail thats the point

Good, cuz it wasn't really all that anyway.

thanks, now i have an excuse to watch it again.

Noone?

its nothing

wait is that Chevy Chase in a fat suit?

it's only highly rated by retarded Americans so yes.

OBSESSED

There should be a lot more scenes where Julianne Moore is flying around naked in a harness.

welcome rêddît

I watched my national dub on TV and years later the movie in english. How does that makes me reddit?

He's David William Huddleston. Also checked.

I liked it as a goofy, chill movie. Are we really meant to take the plot seriously? A guy died and not even his friends cared that much.

They cared, the point it wants to make is that life goes on.

they represent, like, nihilism, man, like a total rejection of... non-nihilism

He's one of the guys who got a new nigger.

kinda

It's literally Quotes: The Movie. People only watch it so that they can talk about it with other people. It's fucking garbage.

It's spawned a modern-day religion which is just recycled Taoism. So yeah, pretty overrated.

Still good, though.

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man

They mostly take reviews from the time of release.

I don't think it was a big deal until it gestated on home video for a bit.

>You will never ride in the party wagon

Why does he wear the sunglasses?

>movie consists entirely of quips and bantz
>Sup Forums can't handle it

no, it's amazing. why do you think you can watch it dozens of times and never tire of it, dummy?

Anyone who says its overrated, name 5 comedies you would rate higher. I think it's rated just fine.

MELONFARMER

Reminds me of a certain Chilean Sea-Bass cooking forum

It's chili and sea bass, you fucking moron. Spared no expense

It's one of the best spoofs/modern spin on a classic noir. You have to understand film to truly "get" it. Most people that quote it just like the one liners and don't truly understand it.

So yes, and no?

I like Lebowski, but it is overrated. It's just a surrealist post-modern jumbling of events with plot threads that don't really go anywhere, things happen with no real bearing on the rest of the story, and it pretty much just "ends". That's how a lot of Cohen Bros movies are, but it's especially true of this one.

That said, Lebowski does have memorable outlandish characters that everyone knows, and pretty much every line of dialogue makes for a great quote. So is right.

>THEY PEED ON MY VALUED RUG
one of my favorites

uhhhhh it's a film noir, it isn't post modern at all

No if anything it is underrated.

It's superficially film noir, but it's post-modern in that it totally subverts the viewer's expectations of a film noir movie.

The movie is comfy as fuck. I don't know if anyone else thinks so, but I wouldn't mind living the life of The Dude.

4u

I think it's a good movie that is kinda flat overall.
Definitely didn't live up to the hype when I watched it.

>83682▶
>File: PartyWagon.jpg (61 KB, 630x420)
>
>>You will never ride in the party wagon

wait what, is this from some kind of censored version

Dude, I could go for some Eggnog right now

you need to watch it like 2 or 3 more times. you'll come around

he's buying half and half idiot

I dunno. It's a really good and unique comedy. If you believe people in the thread there is a cult following that worships it. On the other hand I don't thing it got much praise from the critics. So I guess it isn't overrated.

Yes. It is good but not amazing and does not deserve half the praise it gets. Still was clearly the best comedy of that year though.

>work on some random personal projects from time to time
>decide to make some obscure props from a variety of movies
>pic related
A bob dylan mix and 45 minutes of bowling sounds. What's not to love?

Actually. Rushmore came out that year now that I think about it so it was just the 2nd best comedy that year... shit i guess it is a bit more overrated than i though.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
I've had it with these monkey biting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!

The best Coens are A Serious Man, NCFOM, Barton Fink and True Grit

O brother >

Just realized again... Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas came out in 1998. TBL was actually the fucking 3rd best comedy that year.

Either that was just an amazing year for comedies or it is way more overrated than i thought.

ive seen this movie more times than i can count
it's like meditation, an auto tuner for toasty vibes
there are places you can only go through lebowski shades
personally it doesn't match my stride these days, but it would be foolish to suggest it doesn't hold personal meaning for millions of wanderers out there
good people too

no

yes

We're in a tight spot

where'd you get that beauty scar, tough guy? eating pineapple?

better r-u-n-n-o-f-t