ROGUE ONE TO FLOP IN CHINA

>extremely mixed reviews at premiere
>literally no buzz in china compared to tfa
>might not even make as much as star trek beyond ($65m)
>less than $1b worldwide basically confirmed

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=starwars3.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=starwars2.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=starwars.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>throw some chinks in the flick
>force their horrible characters into the story
>still flops in chinkland

lel

too bad I legitimately liked the movie.

Ni hao, Chao!

they've been killing their daughters for the last 50 years, who thought they're gonna watch a feminist shit lmao

chinese people dont want to see chinese people in movies they want to see americans in movies when will american movie studios learn this thing that i have already known all along?

thank god, I legitimately disliked the movie.

Good.

Disney deserves all the pain for killing Star Wars and ruining it into Marvel.

It's not out in China yet

The chinks don't go to American movies to see more chinks. There's a billion chinks there already.
Might be why I love JAV so much. No big titted Japanese whores who cry when you fuck them in Pennsyltucky

>to flop
>to

Read.

Has any Star Wars film done well in China? Do they even care about it?

No, but Disney desperately want them to care about it.

The only film that did even moderately well in China was TFA, and that got to where it did ($124m) by basically hype alone. And even TFA was a huge flop in China compared to what Disney/everyone else expected it to do.

This was the first SW movie I went to where NONE of the nerds in the theater applauded at the end. Just a stunned silence.

Reminds me of that scene from Dragon: A Bruce Lee Story when Bruce and Linda went to the Big Boss premiere and no one clapped at the end of the movie (until some shill started clapping to get the audience going).

Well if they didn't give a fuck about the OT or the PT I'm not sure why anyone thought they would care about a spinoff.

Rogue One is anti Communist propaganda.

They probably see the Empire as the good guys.

My theatre clapped. It was the best cinema experience I had in a while actually

Since china is going to be a huge market for movies in the future I really hope the Chinese have good taste

The empire are the good guys

who claps at a movie?

fyi this is a rhetorical question.

cheap actors, tv series episode tier quality
what did you faggots expect?

Yeah there's not going to be a sequel to Rogue One. Go figure, dumbass.

We're talking about R1 not TFA

Donnie is in it, it can't fail in China

TFA failed in China because native Chinese are deeply spiritual and thus resistant to 'magic' in movies. Harry Potter movies had very little success in China, Deathly Hallows Pt 1 only made 33 M

B-but, they put Chinamen into the flick? You can't fail when you've got Chinamen!

You are dumb.

Well fuck this is so much better than force awakens and a shame to read this

force awakens deserved to flop

Good, the movie was utter shit

Doesn't The Wall have magic in it?

you idiots chinese want to see WHITE people they already see enough chinese. they wanna be like youuuou

What made the movie enjoyable to you?

>not clapping at the end of the movie is abnormal for americlaps

Demons aren't magic

Mainland people don't even know Hong Kong or better yet HK ciinema existed other than Jackie Chan because he's a communist cuck and his movies are all rated G by China's standards. And China's govt only allows its citizens to watch capekino fluff.

Literally this.

>pander to tasteless chinks
>flops anyway
Good.

This is a chinese actor done right. He doesn't look chinese in the movie, he doesn't act chinese, he's a complete badass. Chinese loved him

A walking "I'm the force the force is with me" wise blind monk is just a tired stereotype that reminds them of how ugly they are

No other Star Wars film has been in Chinese cinemas except the force awakens you fucking retard

>believing Disney lies

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=starwars3.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=starwars2.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=starwars.htm

Search "China" you dumb cunt.

>I really hope the Chinese have good taste
>China
>A land of sub-humans
>Good taste
Good one, user.

The Chinese dudes were better than the two main characters

Remember when that completely nonracist non cliche blind kung fu ching chong said "the force is with me" or that other time he said "the force is with me"

He has a really compelling character arc where he started out as a force believer and died as a force believer, showing great chemistry with characters when he said "the force is with me"

Not to mention how emotional and moving jis death was when he suddenly decided to commit suicide by walking into a lot of fire, not just because the script says so but because the narrative of the fighting and overwhelming odds were clearly demonstrated and understandable. He made a meaningful last stand that was built up and necessitated by the what was occuring on the battlefield where rebels wrre clearly outnatched and couldnt do.anything to the empire or its walkers or star destroyers.

Oh wait its opposite day

T-that's an orc... Did anyone know he was Chinese?

To be fair there wasn't a single even remotely interesting or well written character in the movie. For a movie that needs to be completely carried by its characters thanks to the story being already known it sure did a terrible job at making the audience give a fuck about anyone

>chinese want to see WHITE

Well it got sexy lady Felicity Jones and Diego Luna is white by Chinese standards.

I personally enjoyed the cinematics of it. Beautiful to watch. Not the best acting, but it's nowhere near as cringey as Tfa. The chinese guys had pretty good action in it. Otherwise it's a typical Star Wars film.

he was hyped up in china, they love warcraft and the main villain being chinese made them excited. Not mentioned much in the west since nobody gives a shit

R1 is the cringiest movie in cinema history next to pacific rim

I found the scene where the blind monk first fights very well done. The way it shows that he hears and senses them, the way it kept the force mysterious around him, more akin to the original films where it wasn't just a superpower. Best written character honestly

Shame everyone else were boring, one dimensional and dull. Good producer aside the movie didn't have anything going for it which just made me hope it'd end already

Chinks want white people in their American movies. If there's not a lot of white people then it's not American. This is the mindset.

Same reason they don't pump native films full of white actors or actresses. You will at best have a white female love interest to get General Tsao'd.

>Making less than 1b worldwide is now considered a flop

This is getting out of hand guys jesus christ.

The look on Baze's face is like "Why the fuck am I here?"

>white women over 30 in HIGH DEFINITION
>a culture where if a women is not attached by 25 shes a lost cause

Him using the force and beating up dudes in a meaningless scene is NOT CHARACTER

Holy fuck you kids are dumb as hell

The suicide bomber is the most irksome casting choice desu

A character being tied to force in some other way than mithochloridans or whatever the fuck they were is writing to a character. As it stands I found that piece so riveting that it made him the best written character in the movie to me. Who do you think was the best written character?

For a series as fucking huge as Star Wars?

Ya I'd say that's a massive flop.

hahahhaha, chinese are probably five times dumber than the dumbest american. screencapping your post

>TFA failed in China because native Chinese are deeply spiritual and thus resistant to 'magic' in movies.

I thought China was hardcore atheist. Hasn't the Communist Party tried to stamp out religion?

If they encouraged daughters, and gave them to Americans for adoption, we would have 25 million citizens one generation away from China.

bump

asian want to be white so bad LOL

>tfw you live in a city full of hipsters that would shun plebs like you

its pretty nice sometimes

isnt that the country of pirated dvds?

Do scifi/action flick with female lead sell that high with chinks or they just don't like Star Wars overall?

Movies with female leads don't sell well in China

Your point would be spot on if they had built on that fight scene by having him attempt to explain his connection to the force, how he became blind and learned to use his senses.

The character had potential, but was handled terribly by having one fight just because, and then never building on it. Repeating a phrase like an autist is not building upon it.

Maybe the Chinese know when they're being pandered to.

Ironic, seeing as the Chinese guys were actually good.

then how come fantastic beasts did so well?

>blind monk
>obvious mary sue
>no one says so though because he has a penis

okay

wow, amazing...other countries don't have the same nostalgia factor

its almost as if love of star wars is a cultural thing, amazing

It did poorly because the Chinese empathize with the Empire. In the original trilogy they are hash, yes, but not visibly corrupt. You hear people complain about their corruption but besides the Emperor being kind of a douche you never really see it. This movie shows it. It probably hits too close to home for the Chinese in that way.

>blind chinese spiritual martial artist
Star wars had enough tropes

>my life is so empty that I spend time hoping that movies I don't like don't make too much money in China's box office

pathetic desu senpai

Well I'll be damned. U are a fucking genius

Better than be a Hillary voter/Disney shill tbqh

The blind guy who gains power by embracing his other senses is such a tired cliche and I roll my eyes just thinking of wasting time explaining it in the movie. You're the kind of dumbass who needs everything narrated at you in a film because you don't know how to draw a basic conclusion on your own.

It bored me to be honest.

Can this alt-right thing get any cringier? You've got the SJW beat by a country mile there good buddy

amazing comeback, really got the edge you were looking for

It has nothing to do with needing everything narrated, retard.
It has to do with telling me about the characters or showing me, since you seem opposed to telling, so that I can create EMPATHY with them.
A movie where you already know the outcome needs good characters, this movie didn't have that.

kys

Seriously? Tarkin was blatantly corrupt even in ANH.

Won't the whole yearly SW thing fatigue the franchise hype?

Mixed reviews just like everywhere else?

Chinese don't respect pandering. They watch Hollywood movies to see what white people are up to. They didn't want to see Crouching Tiger, Hidden Spaceship starring the Magic School Bus kids. This shit looks like a high-budget PBS after-school program.

most assuredly when they run out of nostalgia freebies

soon they will have to resort to having pod racers as cameos and a Dengar spin off movie

Based china

no. but China had like no fucking film industry back when ROTS came out.

So basically China was getting the 7th movie in a series they have never even seen.

its like starting breaking bad in its last season, of course you won't like it.

the fact that its a stand alone story will help them.

china had like 100 theaters for its 2 billion population 10 years ago

I had hoped that ipman's character would be Echuu Shen-Jon or some other old clone wars veteran Jedi, but alas, it isn't.

Are there any force ghosts in it?

If a movie has ghosts its not allowed to play in China at all.

Im 100% serious.

Thanks f a m

I am Chinese person. We dont like Star Wars, we like superheros and Transformers. All kids love Transformers but they dont know Star Wars, Star Wars is love only by nerds