What's your dream HBO project, Sup Forums?

what's your dream HBO project, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_GstWy_Hcz4
youtube.com/watch?v=eGTZLuuTPi8
youtube.com/watch?v=mElOqUQvchY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_Maccabees
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dune

Bring back Deadwood.

good watchmen

im guessing most of these cringe "mommy" posts are made by boys with unresolved mother issues.

A Sopranos prequel. It would be simply named "Tony"

Or a adaptation of Akira that is more faithful to the manga

A Percy Jackson series on Netflix or HBO that done right without 35 year old "kids"

K-on adaptation

SEASON 3

MCU= Mommy Cinematic Universe

>Late night sexy game show hosted by Anri Okita. Maybe right after current year man. It'd be like those colorful crazy raunchy game shows japan has, but americanized.

It's that or maybe pic related

A Book of the New Sun miniseries could be k i n o but it might be hard to really convey all that shit in film

Aight, so, a smarmy VHS repairman from the 80's wakes up in a big-ass empty space station. He finds 8 more people with him:
>A lonely cowboy from the 10's
>A black jazz singer from the 20's
>A bank robber from the 30's
>A German soldier from the 40's
>A little girl from the 50's
>A hippie teenage activist from the 60's
>A miami-vice like detective from the 70's
>And a bored jobless waste of life from the 90's
They must all find out why they woke up in the future, and find a way back home.

A Sopranos Prequel of the mob in the 60s and 70s when johnny boy and Junior ran things
>youtube.com/watch?v=_GstWy_Hcz4

kys my dude

Comfy cyberpunk space opera

Basically like one of those Syfy shows except not complete garbage and with a Game of Thrones level budget

Coming-of-age story featuring Cersei and Jaime desu

dune

dark tower

evangelion

cool thread

more documentaries, but not about SJW shit like the way vice went. More true crime, conspiracy, war, personal stories of people just trying to get by
I also thought of an idea for a documentary on Hollywood. The whole process of making a movie, not just the filming but the legal actions and deals that have to take place pre production to get a movie made

capeshit that is done perfectly to my standards and tells all the stories i want seen in live action with the best seamless CGI and fight scenes imaginable

a good space opera that somehow has good aliens that dont look like plastic masks but still keeps space rules like how the expanse did their space shit, and isnt muh humans, maybe prefer a MC be an alien and it set so far in the future everything doesnt magically revolve around humans

fpbp

Milch and Simon doing whatever the fuck they want, forever.

isn't it coming back?

Two renegade cops are New York city's only hope after an explosion at the New York State Female Penetratiary. With the rest of the force dealing with a riot at the prison, these two bad motherfuckers are tasked with rounding up the bad bitches who managed to escape. They accomplish this the only way they know how, the DOUBLE TEAM.

This summer, sack up with: N.Y.D.P.

and/or kids in school who are getting constantly rejected by teen pussy, lusting after what they have no negative associations with.

Celebrity Crotch Watch.

kys samefag

Strike a nerve?

you definitely showed me, go tumblr about it homie

pic relate high budget tv show
youtube.com/watch?v=eGTZLuuTPi8
>anime cringe opening
>future dystopia
>future tanks
>tank battles
>explosions
>character stories
i watch the shit out of that

Infinite Jest adaptation. it would have to be about Sopranos-length to include everything.

also puma twins
youtube.com/watch?v=mElOqUQvchY

a 4 year long program running along trump presidency showing all his fuckups

surprise suprise it only lasts 1 episode xD

more bored to death imo

Pic related done in a style similar to Generation Kill and with half-depressing, half-serene Zone and its life.

I hope for an anthology

I want a season dedicated to the guitar/music teacher + a dash of MEW

An island inhabited by an fully evolved version of humans. The women are all at least 7 feet tall while the men are all shorter than 5 feet. The men must prove themselves worthy by worshipping the feet of the women and if they do a poor job they will be eliminated. Foot worship scenes last over half of each episode with at least every third episode containing lesbian foot worship.

HAHA DRUMPFKINS BTFO

HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER?

Band of brothers type mini series set in Vietnam

Rome S3

would watch. I liked Battle Star Galactica for what it was, but I better budget and not being limited to regular tv would have been great

I'd say a Harry Potter series.

Would be able to fix all the plot holes (or most of them) and add all the shit they cut from the movies.

a period set mini-series adaption of War of the Worlds

> ctrl-f "udder insanity"
> 0 results

you've changed Sup Forums, and not for the better

based user fpbp thread over

antoher crime show. There are too many on regular channels now and theyre too watered down because of it. The sopranos, the wire were the trendsetters and I want something else like those again.

Or, on another note, a police show that is just a gritty and dark and focuses on detectives solving cases and dealing with the shit they see all day. It wouldnt hold back on the usual stuff day time television has to

best ones so far

give him his own HBO talk show

>dude why aren't you reposting whats archived on /r/tv??

please die

An 8-part Hitman miniseries built around a global conspiracy, slowly revealed as a collection of seemingly unrelated contracts. Each episode revels in the suspense before a kill, with equal focus being given to 47 preparing and his target. Have it go out of the way to humanize the person that's doing terrible acts.

I've wanted this for a while.

A non shit tier mini series length adaptation of Watchmen.

Shit this sounds good so far

bring back Cheap Seats

I feel like a good adaptation of the Witcher's book series would be nice. Probably wouldn't be so bad from a financial standpoint either considering the success of GoT with normies.

It's being made into a movie.

First thing that came to mind.

I don't think it'd translate. The unreliable narrator and the fact that it is slowly revealed the world is earth in the future are really big elements of the story.

I feel like a series would do it more justice personally. Going to be difficult to cram that much into what'll probably be a short series of films.

I agree that a complete MCU show would be amazing, they can even add a virtual reality option that would make you the main character and live it for real.

an ongoing 1984 series, adapting and/or set within the world of the book

nice quads

The Horus Heresy or some other legit 40k series.

Why are you posting old pics of her?

Boshin war. Each episode cycles through 3-4 different "Clans" and their position in the war (Episode 1,5,9 follow Satsuma, 2,6,10 follow Aizu, 3,7,11 Foreign Powers, 4,8,12 ect) Each Season is a season (summer/winter) so a nice smaller 4 season run, if its popular it gets a 5th following the Ezo Republic.

10+ episode series of Stephen king's IT

> it ain't me starts playing

if they could get 20 times the budget so you could actually see non-shit CGI dragons all the time I'd say a Dragonriders of Pern series but it will never happen because of the dragons and firelizards it would require to be in every scene to be done right

The dragons are the least interesting part of the setting anyway. What makes those books work is the relationships and politics in play. You could substitute the dragons for pokemon and nobody would notice.

This

A three part miniseries based on James Ellroy's American Tabloid
>written by Terrence Winters (Wolf of Wall Street guy)
>directed by Ben Wheatley or Cary Fukunaga
>produced by Scorsese

Or really, any combination that doesn't involve James fucking Franco, who I believe holds the rights currently

this would finally give Antje a job

Legend of the Seeker, bridget regan showing boobies

The First Book of the Maccabees being made into a miniseries. It would be incredible. I have no idea how biblical stories like Noah which are only a tiny part of a single book get told but not one of the most obviously cinematic books in the bible.

It would basically be a war epic. with brotherhood, loss, sympathetic characters on the sides of both the Seleucids and the Hebrews, scenes like Eleazar Avaran's death by elephant, Mattathias sparking the war by killing a Hebrew who tried to sacrifice animals to the Greek gods etc. It would also depict the diplomacy like when the Hebrews went to Sparta and Rome for aid, or when the Ptolomies got involved. Then you have the cultural backdrop of the remnants of Alexander's Empire, the story behind Hanukkah, etc.

It would be pure kino and it's a shame it hasn't really been touched yet. It helps that people are already vaguely aware of the story.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_Maccabees

Synecdoche, NY: The Series

well look at you

replying to MY thread instead of the other way around

that's untrue, i have this interest cause all the older women in my life raped me as a kid.

best MCU coming through

Some Megaman / Protomen Act IV inspired sci-fi dystopia.

> tfw you will never light up the night.

cancel Dark Matter, replace it with this show and rename it Dark Decades

>what's your dream HBO project, Sup Forums?

oh hey, you're alive!

I thought you had overdosed on coke last sunday

The one in which Brendan Fraser has lead role

I wish him the best

Yes to these.
Best one yet
Yes to these as well.

As a full time patrician, I'm declaring that the thread has went to shit after these posts, so you can stop reading now. Carry on

I'd prefer a Brave New World adaptation but I reckon that's a pill the public would refuse to swallow and instead would vomit all over the place. Maybe it's worth the spectacle.

Luck, exactly as it was.

Cthulu mythos series

This one's good desu

Battle Royale

this so hard
obviously it can't be centred on octavian anymore though, crisis of the third century may be a good pick for a setting

Monster, but only if they stick to the source material and don't add original stuff.

>dominion tank police

sign me up for this!

Finish this

It's one of the very few anime/manga that would actually work better as live action.
I have no idea why HBO passed on the project.

Eh you need to read more manga, there's a million that would, going from shonen to seinen, from sci-fi to crime to just SoL.
And then of course Shojo and Josei, they both tend to be a lot more grounded in reality.

Would it work?

Napoleon from his Italy campaign to his defeat in Waterloo, without anglo revisionnism (Waterloo is actually a prussian victory and not an "english" one).
Also the cast would be made with real german/austrian, english, french, spanish and russian actors who would speak in their language on screen (a la Inglorious Basterds).

It would be fucking glorious.