We all agree he is the undisputed king of late night, yes? his show is the only one i can stand...

we all agree he is the undisputed king of late night, yes? his show is the only one i can stand. i had high hopes for colbert but either his true self is too liberal or the network is making him act that way.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z8UKXy5Jw6I
youtube.com/watch?v=bt90VCye6Vk
foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/04/05/ferguson-guaranteed-5-million-if-passed-over-for-late-night-gig.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1Za8BtLgKv8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dsydgeF2CWw
youtube.com/watch?v=tnQAu5I-Df0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yep, he's the king of a giant pile of shit alright

He's a globalist shill

>youtube.com/watch?v=z8UKXy5Jw6I

exactly

His writers severely hold him back these days. As someone who grew up watching him and has been watching since 1996, It's basically unwatchable to me. His writers are just so garbage and I know it's them, because anytime he does anything off the cuff, it's hilarious.

He's being held back by the talk show format.

I know his writers browse Sup Forums so you heard it from here guys, you all should quit because you're dragging conan down.

yes, but thats not saying much

at least he doesn't have to rely on fan service

its funny you say that. i watched his youtube ep with the simpsons guys and theres a point where he says "sometimes my writers have to tell me to leave because i'm so distracting" his funniest shit, as with all late night shows, are his remotes and it seems he's trying to do more of those. the schlansky stuff is funny as hell and his korea trip was bretty gud

I liked his late late show because it was "raunchy"
Also because I was a lot younger back then

I dont watch any of them now. I will watch his Remotes and other stuff on youtube from time to time. Its enjoyable enough

I think Conan is very good.
Also, I'm gay.

his writers have to tell him to leave because his workplace banter is funnier than anything they shit out

Hi gay. I'm dad.

colbert is garbage so being better than him isn't saying much

Late Night era Conan was GOAT.

Second best, in my opinion, would be Craig Ferguson.

Conan's remotes are still as good as ever, he is a genuinely clever and funny guy. It's a shame watching his written jokes be predictable trash when you know this dude could improv his way out of anything.

No he's become a follower rather than a leader.

LA has ruined him. He went from old NY snark to new NY preachy (West coast rubbing off on them).

thats his writers though. watch some of his youtube stuff like the q&as he does for his remotes, he gives of a vibe of boredom like he doesn't want to be a part of it all. he's clearly only happy when hes doing his own thing

The captain runs the ship.

the captain is the network

The network is more analogous to the admiralty.

The ship is still squarely Conan's.

Of the current lineup? Sure, but that's not exactly a high bar.

Wish Ferguson would come back.

was he cancelled or just over it?

hyper tree hugging guns and trump are evil liberal
it's no surprise why his shows struggle so much

The remotes are the funniest because they can edit out all the unfunny and keep the funny.

Obviously he isn't liberal enough compared to other hosts so the jews don't like him

Yes as opposed to the rough ad libbed improv he does on his monologues

you know he just did an episode 2 weeks ago where he talks to refugees in berlin?

Jimmy Fallon, that Is all

based

It felt like both. They groom the Late Late Show host to take over the Late Show because I guess it's in their contract. Except they bought out Ferguson's contract because they didn't want him to host for whatever reason. I bet they're kicking themselves now

foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/04/05/ferguson-guaranteed-5-million-if-passed-over-for-late-night-gig.html

I've always loved Conan.
His lowbrow, shitty humor is just funny enough to make me smirk and smile, his mannerisms aren't annoying, and he seems like a genuine person.
Also I love his clueless gamer shit. Its great watching him completley shit on vidya that other people take seriously
Aside from Craig Ferguson, Conans' show is probably the comfiest shit ever on late night tv.

I like his skits and interviews but not his opening monologue

That's not Jay Leno

I think a lot of people like Ferguson because he's obscure and they feel part of a small club

>go on a trip to Berlin
>Berlin has a lot of refugees currently, been a topic in the news for a year
>go to see them for your comedy show
>hurr durr duh liberals
lmao

Not at all, I liked him because he was funny and genuine, not to mention he didn't ask shitty stock questions to the guests and actually got them to really talk

Leno and Letterman fans need to learn the difference between "huge legacy" and "currently funny and relevant"

Yes, he's the best, but late night doesn't mean shit anymore

you can see your favorite actors and musicians on youtube doing anything and everything, why do we need this format to stay alive. Honest question

It's advertising. Celebrities go on to promote their movies and say they had a lot of fun on set. Someone's making a lot of money off of it because it's still going long past the time it was relevant. It's a relic of a bygone age, like MTV or TV Guide

Believe Ferguson came out and said he didn't want the job.

Yep. Its fun to see his "scraps" from rehearsals and see him shit all over his writers ideas. Even he knows it's fucking stupid.

That's not Jimmy Fallon

Also this. During the 1990's he was the best late night host ever (second only to the GOAT of course, Johnny Carson).

Not 100% sure why in the 2000's he become so vain, needy, and pushing short punchy jokes.

>we all agree he is the undisputed king of late night, yes?
King of the remotes? Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Za8BtLgKv8

Fallon is objectively terrible.

laughing awkwardly and stuttering/mumbling to his guests makes up the majority of his """"""show"""""".

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dsydgeF2CWw

Naturally funny people make him look even worse

Pretty much /thread right here. Conan is just a fucking-hilarious person. He's so cool and nonchalant then does a perfect job hamming it up without looking like he's trying too hard.

I haven't seen this one for a while but it's got me in tears again:

i watch Conan for the rare unscripted comedy
i watch Colbert for the rare unscripted discussion
my dream shows would be Conan with no guests and Colbert with nothing but interesting guests he picked.
the writers can all get fucked, especially that turncoat McCann.

He's way past his prime, but yes, which shows just how shit everyone else is.

Craig was better. I miss Craig so much.

mccann went to work for colbert, right?

Nah, I haven't watched any of these shows for years but Ferguson is all fuzzy good feels as far as I can recollect.

I wish this meme would end. Classic Conan died the minute the '07 writer's strike happened. God bless him for trying but he got exposed as being unfunny without a good writing team behind him.

Quick witted and funny dude. Deconstructed the late night format on his show. Was an excellent interviewer.

What's not to like?

hence, turncoat.
his dumb humor gel'd with Conan, it just drags down Colbert.

>writers strike not the GOAT
>not wishing every day was a writers strike
youre dead inside.

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=tnQAu5I-Df0

Did you think he was just making jokes off the cuff or what? It's an hour every day all year, nobody is that funny on their own. Some times you people are just so fucking detached from reality.

I thought he was the only late night host who was funny enough to make it work anyway during the strike. No he wasn't in top form; you need a team of writers to get an hour of content every night, but he did better than anyone else.

>le i was a drunk but now im hyped up on coffee haha back to you mr skelegton

his writers's strike episodes are great, what are you talking about?