Best Sherlock Holmes

Dear Sup Forums, which actor has done the best portrayal of Holmes, and why is it pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x8z79k_hugh-laurie-georgia-on-my-mind_music
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

idc what the thread is about but that fucking movie was awesome even if it didn't fit the whole holmes theme, ritchie delivers as always

Sherlock Holmes + Game of Shadows is the best back to back

I generally don't like prophetic predictions in my fiction. That said it was bearable.

Really? No negative responses? I was expecting maximum shit-posting.

based since no haha sherlock/watson u gay? xddd

If you don't really know....

While RDJ's performance as Sherlock might be arguable, i think we can agree that Jared Harris gives us the best portrayal of Moriarty.

I think the first one is more fun, but "Game of Shadows" is better written, and yeah like mentioned before, best villain.

Best way to enjoy the two films

Elementary with Jonny Lee Miller is the patricians choice for Sherlock holmes. Reddits choice is Robert Down Here Junior. Tumblrs choice is Cucumberhummer

>female Watson

Yeah, how about no

Cucumber-Holmes S2 is pretty good tbqh.

Elementary is garbage

>female watson
>law and order tier plots

Forgot too add my pick but Jeremy Brett is the best second being Cucumber

Objectively this.

Not knowing who Jeremy Brett is and talking about Holmes is immediately commit suicide tier failing at life.

>Which actor did the best potrayal of Holmes?

Was the question my friends :)

Is the third movie ever going to come out?

I said in the next post that it's Jeremy Brett
Learn to look down

RDJ Said it's happening

What do you think about the autistic sherlock holmes

I actually like him as Holmes. I'm a shit tho.

He's not what's wrong with the show. He's pretty good I think.

Literally Sup Forums personified.

Can't go wrong with Basil Rathbone

This guy knows what's what. I have the complete collection of Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes on DVD, pricey to get in North America but so worth it for the definitive screen version of the character.

George C Scott in They Might Be Giants is without a doubt the best holmes ever put to screen. The movie itself is a bit of a trainwreck, but it's comfy and lovable and has great performances.

I am not saying he is bad I like him, he has aspergers on steroids

forgot picture

He probably frequently visit Sup Forums and go on an autistic shitposting rampage regarding small details.

Nothing wrong with the show tbqh, some plot choice isn't my favorite, but the main problem as always with many other popular shows is the cancerous fanbase.

Absolutely agree.

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree

I can't believe Elementary actually turned out to be good. JLM is perfect in the role.

His last great film was RocknRolla. Sherlock Holmes was good but not brilliant. Prove me wrong.

When will he go back to his roots of geezerkino?

ahem

four of a kind beats two pair

Agreed, it has potentially the worst fanbase of all time. Also in between season 2 and 3 the tumblr cancer really kicked off and the first episode of season 3 wastes too much time on fan service, pretty much sacrificing the plot of the episode and making it pretty much irrelevant. The first episode of season 2, A Scandal on Belgravia is the best episode in the series, and so much happens in that one episode, because they don't waste time pandering to tumblr.

RDJ is good, but Jude Law really shines as Watson, I think it's a more faithful to the original's personality than BBC's Sherlock.

I have no fucking idea if this movie was even a little bit faithful to the source material, but it was a very good movie

Ritchie tries to be very faithful to the book, while still trying to conjure up an original story instead of adapting another same old story everyones seen a thousand times. Like Hound of the Baskervilles.

He used a lot of quotes from various stories that fit in well enough in the story, and Holmes behaves pretty much like he does in the books, being vague, kind of a prude, utilizing disguises.

Also its one of my favorite portrayals of Watson ever. I always thought it was shitty having the guy be a doddering old fool in awe of how genius Sherlock was. It was great seeing him as a competent war veteran capable of stringing together his own deductions.

Sherlock Holmes was a pretty damn good movie and a good adaption of the character, although I still wonder what if Guy Ritchie cast an actual Brit instead of RDJ. As good as he was, he's still not an authentic Brit. And whos more quintessentially British than sherlock fucking holmes

>actor

Hugh Laurie

those movies were great and really comfy

It had teal bartitsu

Only correct answer

the winner

DISENGAGE SAFETY PROTOCOLS

literally pushing every thing (((jew))).
>racemixing
>stronk womyn
>adultery
and whatever else

D R O P P E D

Fucking illiterates and casuals in this thread.

>Its a call RDJ something different but have him act exactly the same movie

Why does this faggot keep getting roles?

A liberal dual-caricature of a bazinga-tier high-iq person and a repressed homo?

If a show even hints at a gay relationship in Sherlock Holmes it's automatically hollywood garbage pandering to tumblrite hambeasts and men with a mental illness worsened by their life-destroying HIV.

This is the correct answer. One of the only pics I keep on my PC specifically for Sup Forums and these threads.

I just don't think "modern" Sherlock Holmes works. Part of the reason he was better than the police is he used methods they didn't, methods that are a bit old hat today. Every detective should be able to be Sherlock Holmes in the modern setting.

RDJ = cinema pull. After Iron Bru Man, he was a big draw - not sure which Brit could've achieved the same. But yeah, agree with your stuff.

This

Robert Downey Jr is really good at playing Robet Downey Jr. (aka the quirky funny handsome jew).
If you like Robert Downey Jr you will like this movie but as the incarnation of Sherlock Holmes without being catastrophic it's not good.

Actor? Jonny Lee Miller, even when Elementary sucks ass
Show? Sherlock, Cumberbatch isn't bad though

Numale cuck

Why so rude? Did you think to yourself "haha this will tell him" and giggle while typing that?

Not even close.

Pic related

You know what, I'd be willing to take him as second after Brett.

Could Jeremy Brett do this?
dailymotion.com/video/x8z79k_hugh-laurie-georgia-on-my-mind_music

>everything modern and new is bad

Go die in a ditch, you shut-in

He sang I know, I'm not sure if he really played the violin or not.