Are you excited for pic related?

Are you excited for pic related?

I'm a huge fan of the original films and the reboot. I feel like they did a good job mixing new with the old and the cgi is top tier.

here's the trailer if you haven't seen it.

youtu.be/UEP1Mk6Un98

if they can pull off another good movie it'll be in my top trilogies.

Woody reminds me of brando in apocalypse now.

Yes I am.
I think the second new movie was even better than the first one, but I think it has something to do with J. Franco.
I love Ceaser, he a awesome character.
I think he is the best black character in the modern cinema.

All-out war between a high tec bad guy and low tech good guy?

Sign me the FUCK upgood shit riiiight there go0d shit that's some gOOd shot

They've been some of the best big budget movies in the last decade. If nothing else the CGI is amazing, I genuinely thought this was a real orangutan they had trained

caesar is /ourguy/

it's literally the same shit as the 70s film.

What's your point?

I think his point was, its good shit

>apeshit

Why don't you leave and create a another star war's thread, you faglord

no thats Atlanta, this is apekino

Planet of the apes is objectively a better series of movies than shit wars

idk that 10min walk through the desert is pretty pointless and boring af

b8

My point was, it sounds like good shit and I want to see it. Are the old movies like this? They sound like good shit too

No u

old movies are fucking fantastic, watch them asap

i don't like wahlberg though

top tier bait

Maurice is actually

dude have you seen planet of the apes? i'm right its a long boring pointless scene, they should've gotten to the apes quicker
>tfw your talking to a kid who doesn't even know what movie your talking about

that piece of garbage was a failed reboot that has nothing to do with the 60s versions

bb8

>i'm right

>i know

go watch Burton kid, stay out of adult discussion k?

>shits on the original
>can't handle a 10 minute scene because of his autism
>states his shit opinion as fact
>tells me to watch Burton

whatever you say champ

>has no reason why that scene exists
>probably never watched it
>just came here to meme about shitwars

that about right kid? fuck off

>you never watched it
>I found that scene boring

great argument

>states opinons as fact
this isn't leddit u cuck, everyone here has an opinion, state your own or go back

i learned this just now.

god damn CGI has come a long way

I already have. There was nothing wrong with the desert scene.

I think it created a sense of what the fuck is going on in this strange world. The scene wasn't even that long and set up the discovery of the apes even more impactful.

so u really don't know what your on about? cool last (you) little buddy, enjoy the holidays, maybe try watching some based Heston?

>I already have
no you just did, well done u learning, your wrong it could easily have been 1/2 the length and still had the same impact, but at least thats an opinon

>well done u learning, your wrong

Nice job nigger.

Which movie are you talking about?

Will do skip, seen the original but Kermode always talks up the sequels, especially Beneath so I'll check em out

beneath is great and worth watching the original series for.

It gets a bit campy in the later films but in a good way.

jesus the cringe, go back m8

not him but Jesus Christ you're a gigantic faggot.

>bad guy
>good guy
you didn't understand the movies. the point was to make you sympathize with both sides

>hurr durr muh spelling
nah m8

I can't recall if it was the first or second movie of the reboots where they mentioned the astronauts in the background on the news.

Will the next film revolve around them coming back to a planet controlled by apes?

Will the time warp still be a thing?

Is anybody here old enough to have actually seen the original on release? I saw it as a kid in 91 and was amazed. It was probably mind blowing in the 60s.

Obviously the first one, there was no news in the second

>Woody is the big bad

I like it.

ahh that's right, forgot the world was already in complete shambles from the start of the second

I will be devastated if they kill off Maurice

no you'd have to be like what 80?

It might be the best modern genre series. Dawn was fucking fantastic.

30 and 40 yr olds are here sure, I thinks its around 65-70 yr old people your talking about, so no doubt it

in the originals the orangutans were the political arm of the apes. I'm thinking Maurice steps up even more. The Gorillas were the military brutes/generals and the chimps were scientific.

not necessarily, somebody born in 62 could have seen but that would make them 53. Your point still stands though.

my nig

I think they killed off koba too soon.

You actually nailed the year i was born.

I did see it in the theater with my aunt and yes it was mind blowing.

I became obsessed with the film, had all of the toys and everything. Wish i had kept them, I wonder how much they're worth now.

isn't he still alive? post-credits scene or sumthing

I feel like this made more sense in the 70s.

Now hear me out here...

The apes in the old films were hyper intelligent slave animals that were trained to complete mundane tasks for humans. So a reasonable amount of apes existed. Certainly enough to overthrow the world's governments.

However the new films, we're supposed to believe that the same colony of apes that escape from Caesar's ape sanctuary are enough to take on what remains of the plague ridden remains of the US government?

I just don't feel the realistic threat from a colony of apes that could be taken out in a single artillery strike. Am I missing some significant detail here? Because this yanks me right out of my suspension of disbelief everytime it comes up in these new films.

Other than that, yes Andy Circus and CG team on these films are worth the price of admission alone, just to see how ahead of its time it looks.

you were 6? and you remember this? yea bullshit

yes of course it got a big revival and reshowing during the 70s

didn't read 1/2 your post btw something, something andy serkis

Actually yes i do remember however i can recollect beneath and escape much more vividly.

sorry your childhood was so shit that you can't remember anything

0/10 reply fuckboi. You should probably head back to your coloring book now.

ok, fine, so did you like the sequels better or how did that work? its not like you could just go rewatch the first one, VCRs weren't out for decades

nigger im 27 and remember watching jurassic park in the movies

k

did ur feels get hurt?

cool

I enjoyed the sequels with beneath being my favorite. The only one I didn't see was battle until much later.

I watch the films in order annually.

do you remember if you ever got to go to re-releases in cinemas, watch them again, or wasn't that a thing?

I know

No I just had to stop jerking it and get to hands on the touch screen to stop my phone trying to auto correct fuckboi. So I lost the rhythm. But I got it back now so we good.

sweet

I lived in Manhattan at the time so i had the benefit of watching marathons of multiple movies.

I had watched Planet of the apes, beneath, escape all in 1 sitting with intermissions in between.

Escape had just came out.

thats fucking sweet man, sounds fun

It was great, I did this with old Kung fu cinema as well. They used to have like 3 shore brothers movies in a row for dirt cheap.

Shaw brothers*

>autist

I was only correcting myself

>Apes Walking on a beach. Damning the war.
>A reversal of the Original Trilogy
KINO

my bad

Not even going to watch the trailer I'm so hyped

watch it. Trust me

>Kermode

This post reeks of shill

But a lot of trailers these days spoil to much stuff, I can hold off

your mom reeks of my dick

>if we lose it will be...
>...a planet of apes

O I C