ITT: Sequels and spin-offs that were better than the original

ITT: Sequels and spin-offs that were better than the original.

You start nigger

>pic not related

How many likable characters did Korra actually have?

I think Tenzin and maybe at a stretch, his brother Bumi. Amon was pretty cool too, at least for a while.

babby's first troll

Memeing aside I would say Frasier.

delet this

Probably the archetypal example. Frasier's a close to perfect show, in my eyes.

Lin, pre-season 4 Varrick, more debatably Bolin.

i tried to think of an answer for this question and was surprised at just how hard it was. i think tenzin may actually be the only likeable character.

Everyone but the protagonist

>Legend of Whorra
Nice bait thread

>ran all the way until 2004
Strange to think it started in one era and ended in a completely different one

At the risk of getting lynched by some /trek/, I'd say pretty much every Star Trek show.
DS9 doubly so because it's a spin off from a spin off and it's better than both.

that floating nigga and his pals were way more interesting than anything else from that show

Ahh yeah, I forgot about Varrick. He did actually make things more enjoyable, even if he was kinda one-note until the fourth season (ironically, trying to give him more nuance actually worked against his favor).

I'm pretty half-and-half on Lin, though. I'd maybe need to rewatch some of the show to remind myself just how she was. Personally couldn't stand Bolin, aside from the odd funny moment involving him here and there, I REALLY feel he was one of the characters desperately in need of some kind of major rewrite, beaten by only maybe Asami and Korra herself.

Sometimes I like to believe they made this awful on purpose because no writer could really think this was a good idea.

>maybe Asami
that would imply asami was a character at all. she had no characterization, she was a plot device that moved the story along when it was convenient. she even served as a plot device to get them brownie points by implying asami and korra like to flick each others' beans at the very end

the only correct answer

Can we all agree the order of the seasons was wrong? Like should season 4 and 2 not have been switched around?

>DUDE YOU HAVE TO KILL THE FIRELORD LMAO
>DUDE NAH I'M JUST GONNA ENERGYBEND MY WAY OUT OF IT LMAO

Will there ever be another season of Korra?

Season 4 should have switched with season 2 and then it should've only had 3 seasons.

I liked DB more than DBZ. It was a comfy adventure show instead of episode after episode of people powering up more and more.

>joins the team in season 1 for stupid reasons, even after getting cuckqueaned by korra
>does NOTHING in season 2 aside from being the bus, there are multiple episodes where she outright doesn't appear
>writers realize people want more asami, sort of give her some ninja shit to do in season 3 and be her own bull's emotional tampon
>in season 4 she fucks her own bull

I suppose Bryke at least broke new ground in showing that even the hottest, richest girl can be a total fucking loser that everyone rightly mistreats.

Her foundation was rotten. It's never adequately explained why a rich girl given everything she could ever want would suddenly destroy her entire life for a bunch of losers she knew for about 10 minutes of screen time. At the core is the truth that the writers were bad and weren't concerned that it didn't make any sense. Obviously whoever was helping these ass clowns on The Last Airbender was not carrying their ass here

>At the core is the truth that the writers were bad and weren't concerned that it didn't make any sense. Obviously whoever was helping these ass clowns on The Last Airbender was not carrying their ass here

this is really what it boils down to, and the people who debate why this show sucked would save a lot of time and energy if they just admitted this and called it a day instead of analyzing every little thing the show did wrong

Varrick and Bolin.

Varrick was a tony stark rip off. he was horrid.

no, no, NO NOOOOOOOOO

It should be obvious since theres was only 1 season originally. Like It's pretty obvious the 3 seasons that Nick ordered were know where near ready to begin. Hell even the original series had trouble with there last Season and they had planed it out for like 10 years almost. So rushing 3 new seasons in like a year or two was doomed from the start.