Why is this amazing series never discussed here?

Why is this amazing series never discussed here?

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2016/02/david-milch-lost-100-million-to-gambling.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's almost always heavily cited in greatest TV series threads, though it rarely can sustain threads of its own.

It's a bit too deep for the average television fan to obsess over, though they may appreciate it still. The writing was fucking superb, there's never been anything else on its level in terms of dialogue in television. Hell, most movies.

Everybody on Sup Forums is a cocksucka.

What's there to talk about? It's great, it's straight forward, and it ended prematurely due to a contractual fuckup that let half the main cast run as far away as fast as they could before the fourth season could be filmed.

It's discussed regularly. My favorite character aside from Swedgin and Tolliver has to be the mayor guy who thinks he's super important despite being a complete beta cuck.

Was he the coolest jew ever?

>the famous Cocksuckers Brigade, command of the all whore detachment
I fucking lost it at that. Goddam that show was good. I was mad at myself for waiting so long to getting around to just recently watching it.
kek Wu was pretty based

Well he was a good and well-portrayed jewish character in the period.

The series was great for banter.

Watched this show with my Dad back when it came out.

Heard they canceled it for some really shit show nobody watched that was about Cleveland or some shit.

Fuck Cleveland.

john from cincinatti

it was canceled because the contracts got fucked up then to make up for it HBO threw the showrunner some money to make whatever the fuck he wanted. So he made the best thing to ever run on television.

-Wa-shee.

-Wa-shee.

-Eat-ee.

Finally got around to watching it about a month ago and it was really fantastic.

Was just surprised how "small" it felt. The entire story mostly taking place in a few locations in the town.
Always heard it was a extremely expensive show to make so guess I always imagined a different type of series.

They literally built a fully functional town in the middle of the fucking wilderness and populated it with extras.

Conditions were so rough the cast kept asking for more money. The first year they didn't even film anything.

Hearst did nothing wrong.
>good with finances
>exercises swift justice
>knows how to play politics
>total alpha, spits in the face of a former mayor
>kills a worthless cuck who was raising a literal wife's daughter
>treats niggers fairly in a racist society but doesn't take any shit from them
>gets shot and laughs it off

Is he /ourguy/?

I've only watched two episodes, is it really so great? The family drama seems heavy handed and I don't really see where it's going.

Will he ever make something as good again?

The man is a genius but his projects keep getting fucked over

No, but that's the interesting thing. I mean there weren't many true moustache twirlers, Cy Tulliver came closest. So whether you were rooting for Swearengen or Hearst, the show really made you stare into the abyss.

Hearst was a dry sanctimonious cunt. We rooted for Swearengen because he did what he did out of a true sense of struggle and spite not a deluded sense of mission.

all these hoopleheads can do is meme "SWEDGIN COCKSUCKA" over and over

I love all the incidental shit

People having health problems and shit in show, and it being of little consequence to the plot, but always evident

See always holding his fucking groin in agony

>it's an EB Farnum soliloquy

waiting for the movie

seems like he's gonna need the money

vulture.com/2016/02/david-milch-lost-100-million-to-gambling.html

John from Cinci was great. I really wanted to see where it was going. Really sad it ended.
I rewatched it recently thanks to amazon prime.
Definitely check it out
Also David Milch is one of the greats.
Just read about his history his family his problems with drink and gambling, Going to Yale with GW.
Hes a really interesting guy.

>never discussed
how new are you fuck

His life is amazing. I unironically place him as one of the best writers alive

I loved all the scenes where he's getting chewed out by Swearingen or Hearst.

i loved the scene where E.B. admits to not offering all the money to the dude for the gold claim because he was trying to keep some for himself and Al looks like he's about to kill him but then they're interrupted and he's like:

"Well, I wouldn't trust a man who didn't try to steal a little."

But you can tell he's fucking furious.

My favorite scene is when Hearst spits on him and the poor betacuck doesn't even dare to wipe the spit off.
Or the one where he's mocking Sol Star for being jewish when he's campaigning for mayor.
>"You can choose E.B Farnum, once tested. Or Sol Star, once cut!"

Any details about this?

is deadwood the most universally liked show on all of Sup Forums?
its my favorite show ever

Among patricians yes

isn't there a movie in the works?

Pretty much the only shows nobody will shit on here are Deadwood, Father Ted and Spartacus

Rome is still pretty fondly remembered.

i shit on spartacus all the time and children think deadwood is boring

>Spartacus
God-tier fap material as far as mainstream tv is concerned. Spartacus is kind of like 300 but a tv series. It's ridiculously cheesy but still good.

Spartacus is unironically dogshit

An interesting examination of the eternal struggle between freedom, in association and in conduct, and the will of a society to achieve uniformity and order.

Deadwood parallels modern bureaucratization and governmental control as the town comes closer and closer to governance.

Its in pre-production, I hope its most but Milch is mentioned as having a new project in the works every several months.

My biggest hope is that he gets his Faulkner adaptation going, that could be absolutely amazing

>Deadwood parallels modern bureaucratization and governmental control as the town comes closer and closer to governance.

This is an embarressing pseudo-intellectual reading. Deadwood isn't an allegory for paperwork you spastic

Rome is overrated as fuck in all honesty. Season 2 > Season 1

Blood and Sand + Gods of the Arena are objectively great tv. If you don't agree with this you can suck Jupiters fat hairy cock

Ima have to rewatch again soon

A large part of Deadwood's plot revolves around the questions regarding where does Deadwood belong in terms of jurisdiction.

been a while since I saw it
deadwood was good, very violent though

Thats circumstancial. Merely historical. The focus of the story is of how the community struggles to constitute their own principal of organization. The government is just one of many external forces (including Hearsh) that come to affect that struggle.

Objectively best episodes in the show

Season 1 Episode 10 - Mister Wu
Season 2 Episdoe 6 - Something Very Expensive
Season 3 Episode 5 - A Two-Headed Beast

>mfw the missle tits bath scene
Moar liek "Sparticus: Blood and Cum" amirite?

I don't entirely sure which scene you're talking about but I was jerkin' it pretty hard to the blonde roman chick at the house of Batiatus. Also the whoracle.
Also I'm not gay but I bet the gayfags enjoyed the show too,I bet it was homoerotic as fuck.

>nothing happens while everyone yells cocksucker the show

It's one of those shows like rome and mad man you can reccomend to friends and your parents.
Im fluent in english but fuck me deadwood sometimes went too fast only show such sharp dialogue i had to rewind a few times to really listen