Videogames, anime and tv shows are a form of art

>videogames, anime and tv shows are a form of art

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If movies are a form of art these can be too

>vidya is a legitimate form of art

A real film, yes. Most Holywood crap is not

If I shit on a paper and call it a painting it doesn't become art per se. Same applies to capeshit or star wars

>anything
>good
I want off this crazy ride. Only cynicism and fedora should be allowed in my secret club

>the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
>combinations of things that have the potential to be art (visuals, music) have the potential to be art
I think so, yeah.

I wouldn't say so much that they are art, but that some contain art.
Don't get so caught up in a romanticized idea of what the word means. There's a reason why qualifiers exist.

>If I shit on a paper and call it a painting it doesn't become art per se.

Yes it does. We spent the whole 20th century fighting over this and decided that yes, that's art.

what movie says thins

No, it's not.

Reminder that Dadaism was a joke that got out of hand, essentially meme art.

So, everything's art?

Pretty much every living authority on art would disagree with you.

If it's presented by someone as such, yes.

>living authority on art
I don't care about their opinion, and I think their work is garbage.

The average Pepe meme has more artistic merit than the trash displayed on art galleries.

Everything that takes some minute level of "skill and imagination" and was produced to be appreciated.
Technically someone shitting on paper would be if it was their intention.

Don't base your use of words on how they make you feel instead of what they actually mean. That's for sjws.

> a real film
so shit no one but "le film buffs" cares about

>using sjw as a pejorative term
>not thinking social justice is something good

Since when is cultural marxism good?

The people referred to as Social Justice Warriors are those who attempt a 'balancing of the scales' instead of working on flaws in the system. Punishing for sins of the father, changing the meaning of words like 'racism' to be unilateral. The latter is what I was referring to.

ITT an edgy 16 year old seeks and receives anonymous attention online instead of getting a part time job

social justice ans social marxism are not the same, though I support both

IYP projecting

They're similar.

Why do you support pseudoscientific bullshit like cultural marxism and the frankfurt school?

>art

>talking about anime like it's seperate from the art of animation
>people that watch anime but never animations from other cultures

Because it's the worldview that makes the most sense to me

Denying logic, neuroscience and human evolutionary instincts makes sense to you?

How does it feel to live in a fantasy world?

Stop responding to low energy baits

I don't know what you are talking about

Please explain yourself, it's hard to follow your insinuations when English isn't my first language

>when English isn't my first language
Then I literally cannot help you.
Stop posting.

You are you suggesting I'm deny logic, neuroscience and human evolutionary insticts? You're commiting a falacy here, making an invalid question. I do not think that nor even talked about it but you assert it

>You are
Why are*

>You are you suggesting I'm deny logic, neuroscience and human evolutionary insticts?
Because that's what cultural marxists believe?

If you accept human instincts exist and determine behavior, you're not a cultural marxist.

Are you going to explain it or not? Maybe we have different ideas of the concept of "cultural marxism". Are you using it as the counterpart of "cultural darwinism"?

Cultural Marxism is an idiotic conspiracy theory created by the radical right. It's literally a continuation of Nazi propaganda about "cultural bolshevism".

>Cultural Marxism is an idiotic conspiracy theory created by the radical right.
What are you talking about?
Calling out the frankfurt school for it's pseudoscientific bullshit. Isn't a "radical right wing conspiracy".

They're infecting media and culture with complete horseshit. It's perfectly reasonable to call them out on their bullshit.

>Maybe we have different ideas of the concept of "cultural marxism".
This is where cultural marxism stems from.

Yes, hundreds of scientists, historians, artists, sociologists and philosophers were brainwashed by a bunch of Jews. Only the pure uneducated alt-rich neo-nazis know the truth.

You know what is your problem? You try to simplify reality because it's too complex for you.

>Yes, hundreds of scientists, historians, artists, sociologists and philosophers were brainwashed by a bunch of Jews.
Well if you put it that way. Basically YES. lol

>Only the pure uneducated alt-rich neo-nazis know the truth.
No, common everyday people who aren't stupid enough to believe in the marxist religion.

The average person thinks your cult is insane, even though you try to push it everywhere you can.

>reality
LOL So denying evolution is reality now? You people are so cute.

>Yes, hundreds of scientists, historians, artists, sociologists and philosophers were brainwashed by a bunch of Jews.
Pretty much.
Nobody cares about these irrelevant nobodies that haven't contributed to humanity.

da JOOS

So you're a cultural marxist if you don't accept homosexuality

>there are idiots who still equate art with good

Literally what?

Yes, some of us happen to agree with centuries of philosophy as opposed to the latest fad.

In order for the word art to have meaning more specific than "creation" it must by necessity be exclusive. The status quo definition of art used today is not the result of a through examination of what people mean by "art", but rather it's a compromise arrived at after a complete failure by the collective artfags to properly define the term.

When two individual artists talk about art in the abstract, there are a lot of implicit understandings and mutual agreements about what constitutes art, obviously they have a more specific meaning in mind when they use the term, and it being "good" is one of them. There's a lot of hypocrisy going on, you simply cannot and would not call any string of notes a song. If I played you a recording of a cow's moo and never told you about my concealed artistic intent you would never guess that in my mind it's a song. Clearly in order to be a song it must have rhythm, it must be sufficiently good or else it wouldn't even be recognizable.

videogames are the only art form everything else is just game components

Any human creation is a work of art as long as it has the intention to show or teach something. In video games sure call of duty is garbage as an artwork but RPGs like the Mother and Chrono series have some of the best original stories AND soundtracks in the medium, both of which are very strong artistic elements