Hi, my name is Suzuki Hayabusa. I gave my son the name "Akira" as it's a proper Japanese name befitting his heritage

>Hi, my name is Suzuki Hayabusa. I gave my son the name "Akira" as it's a proper Japanese name befitting his heritage.

>Hi, my name is Feng Chaoi. My son at birth had the name "Feng Gang", but that's too Chinese sounding, so we call him "Jacob Feng" now. It's moer American.

Why do Chinamen try to pull a fast one by giving their kids Anglo first names that are some butchering of their birth names? Why do they deny their own heritage?

because it is worse when the others can't pronounce your name

It's called assimilation, Achmed. Try it sometime.

When I lived in the US, all the Chinese & Korean friends(FOBs) had English names.

They always sound stupid, "Arthur", "Billy", "George". I just learn their chink name and call them by that

No. all you wanna do is laugh at them with cing chang ping pong like all the westerners

this, americans are a cruel people

Excellent point Texas.

ok

No, they usually choose retarded names like Aster, Winston, Alvin or Erichthonius

I tried but gave up using anglo name now, I just stick to my Asian name. Thanks to that, now no one can remember my name after first introductions. Who cares fuck americans

explain Tyrone

This
Japnese don't do that shit. That sounds just toooo alien to us

This. Sometimes they'll constantly switch between wanting to be referred to by their real name or their "american name" and it gets hella confusing.

because chinese names are ugly

Chinks are willing to go that far to "adapt"? Better than having a bunch of japs pretending they are still in their country of origin.

fpbp, it fucking sucks when you have someone trying to pronounce your name and getting it wrong every time you meet them. It's also pretty annoying when they only call you by vocalizing only 1 character of your given name when given names in chinese often has 2 characters.

Imagine your name being "Oscar" and the other guy calls you "Car" with a straight face every time they address you, it's easier just to get a name that they recognize and can pronounce easily.

>and it gets hella confusing.

maybe you are hella confusing this site with reddit.

What'chu axing me for nigguh?
I ain't know shit about this ass mutation
Sounds like some fuckin' gay shit
Like astroglide for your booty. Jam yo dick up in there real smooth.

Do Japanese Americans actually give Japanese names for their American-born kids?

this, unironically.

>Aster, Winston, Alvin or Erichthonius
I have literally never seen a chink with any of these names, and I go to UCI.

The real problem is on the contrary that we DON'T assimilate names enough.

For example, here in Italy even family names were usually italianized, Garcìa became Ingrassia and Ingraffia in order to sound more italian.

Napoleon himself changed his name from Buonaparte to Bonaparte to make it sound more french.

I've lived in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong and met several, including one whose English name was Pharaoh

>Pharaoh
W-was he a king?

No, he was more of a queen if you grasp my drift

kek

>including one whose English name was Pharaoh

WE

WUZ

KANGZ

AN SSSSSHHHHHEEEEEEIIIITTTT