Other urls found in this thread:

dailyedge.ie/renting-in-dublin-3-3478225-Jul2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=4vZpfdutYTY
youtube.com/watch?v=XiYAUxXeSoc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One can never have too many Tomoyo editions

This is true

>no Touya editions
Starting to question the taste of /éire/.

>check the Steam best sellers this morning
>4 out of 10 of them are early access games

Where did it all go so wrong lads

So i talked with that tinder girl about music for a bit and it was good but the convo kinda stalled
How do i move on from here

Fuck her in the ass.

So many of the most played PC games are early access or free to play, it's probably why I'm not part of the the mustard race.
At least they have plenty of weeb games and console ports with better framerates these days as well.

You're the man so you're expected to dictate terms. She'll get bored with you and move on if you don't make a move.

i guess i lost already then

They're giving the true PC bros a bad name. I played PUBG off a mate's account and it's honestly nothing special. It runs as well as you'd expect an early access game to and if you're playing alone, every match plays out the same

>parachute onto a portion of the map you think has good loot
>drop in with about 7 or 8 other lads in the same area
>if RNG is on your side you find a weapon before the guy next to you does and either kill him or get running towards the centre
>collect loot for 15 minutes
>camp in a building waiting for someone to come through the door to get a free kill or you get blasted when investigating a house yourself
>take potshots at people running across the moors
>rinse and repeat for every match

I'm sure it's better with mates but I honestly don't know why it's breaking 420,000 concurrent users on Steam.

Get off tinder and repent.

I love the idea of a battle royale style game and I'm surprised its taken so long for games to be built around the concept. I'm not sure how long it stays interesting for but I think PUBG seems like one of the more interesting games of that type.
The people who were obsessed with DayZ or Rust though I didn't understand, both seemed like janky messes with generic and overdone concepts. Apparently neither of them have even left early access years later for some reason.

Early access has long since lost any use it had IMO.
The only thing I can place at its feet is showing that low-cost medium-depth strategy/survival/building games can be successful.

That said, EA games can provide what they promise if the developers are competent, hard-working, and above all, honest. The only business model I've encountered that's entirely bogus is Telltale (inb4 filthy casual) and their "episodic" nonsense. Not good for the players and even worse for the games themselves.

I was there are the beginning of the DayZ mod around early 2012 and had an absolute blast when it was a fresh and new experience for everybody. It was glitchy but most of the fun I had stemmed from player interaction, exploring his massive map that I'd never played before and making the fabled pilgrimage to the Northwest Airfield in search of military grade hardware. It actually had zombies then too who posed a threat.

The mod started falling apart when Youtube got their hands on it. Instead of survivors cautiously approaching eachother or forming necessary uneasy alliances to help eachother get to where they needed to go or to hunt down bandits, it turned into a free for all where everybody just killed everyone on sight. Dean Hall, the guy who created the mod, let the exposure go to his head which resulted in the Standalone being a massive failure which perpetually shat out meaningless updates like hats and weapon modifications instead of fixing the abysmal performance in cities or zombies warping through floors and walls. I think he's abandoned two other projects since the Stand alone too.
EA has gotten a lot of bad press over the years but Titanfall 2 is turning out to be one of my favourite multiplayer games this year, it's a ridiculous amount of fun. But yeah, Early Access has essentially turned into 'pay us for this alpha that we're under no obligation to finish'

>The only business model I've encountered that's entirely bogus is Telltale (inb4 filthy casual) and their "episodic" nonsense. Not good for the players and even worse for the games themselves.
It's meant to simulate the gradual release of a television series and provide talking points and suspense after each episode. I can see what they're doing with it but I think the fact that they usually wind up discounting the game before all episodes are released and sometimes quite significantly makes those following the model as intended to feel like suckers.
One good thing about that model is the first chapter is often offered for free for players to trial. They're naturally self contained so unlike Demos don't require any extra effort to restrain the players options.

And of course who could forget this lads foray into early access. Godus sounds like it was a complete disaster.

>It's meant to simulate the gradual release of a television series and provide talking points and suspense after each episode.
TV episodes run much closer together though, and on a tighter schedule too.
It's also not much of a gain to the userbase compared to a one-and-done release, because every episode is either filler that adds nothing to the overall plot, or if it does add to the plot, it gets needlessly cut-off and blue-balls the player in exchange for a cliff-hanger that's inevitably answered in the most predictable way possible, because the limitations of the choice-based story reduce every decision and consequence to one side of the same coin.

They could make a lot better use out of the ability to make choices within their games if they actually planned how the choices would branch throughout the whole game, not just a few cosmetically different reasons for the same things inevitably happening, with the only significant result from any of it coming in the flavourtext of your ending.

I think i got the sketchiest host possible in airbnb
>no profile picture
>no reviews
>roomshare with 1 guy
>only pic from outside the house is google street view
fucking hell. at least he replied to my question of when can i go. gonna go there at 2PM or so

do you not get tired of blogposting and giving us blow by blow commentary every day?

We should stop giving him (you)s.

i thought that was the point of generals
is it that annoying? i apologize my man, how would you rather have me post?

>how would you rather have me post?

Not at all

>TV episodes run much closer together though, and on a tighter schedule too.
It's a similar experience though of thought and discussion with the community after an episode while waiting for the next one, even if the gaps are longer. Playing one after another tends to remove that and changes the pacing.
I agree on the criticisms of Telltale games on the whole, they're pretty bad in general. I think Life is Strange is the best game done using that model.

>They could make a lot better use out of the ability to make choices within their games if they actually planned how the choices would branch throughout the whole game, not just a few cosmetically different reasons for the same things inevitably happening, with the only significant result from any of it coming in the flavourtext of your ending.
Yes though I don't see western companies especially pouring resources into a branching design model where a significant portion of resources are poured into optional scenarios most players wouldn't see on a full playthrough. I could imagine some suit pointing out to the head designer that it would be more profitable to make two games with a 98% content critical path and meager choice than a single game with a 40% critical path and three 20% branching routes.

Heavy Rain made a better attempt of that but it was more cutting and inserting scenes on the same path rather than genuine branching routes which felt a bit disjointed.
VNs do it best but are far less costly to make for so much of the design to go unseen so are always going to be the best for that kind of choice based game.

i apologize for my existance
guess its time to take the name off

Ignore him, your blogposting is welcome. I'm eager to find out what happens with your sketchy airbnb host and tinder-chan

forgot to go to bed until 5 AM again lads
and I'm trying to watch a film but VLC is fucking the image up every half a minute. What are some good alternatives to it?

I use MPC and it hasn't failed me yet

where do you rank lads

I unironically think 1641 parades should be a thing to troll the prods with.

So I heard you lot are the smart ones. Hope I'm welcome here xox

Smart compared to who?

The Brits

>i thought that was the point of generals
Maybe /brit/.

>What are some good alternatives to it?
Can't go wrong with MPC. VLC seems to be only getting worse from what I can tell.

What part of the UK are you from, lad?

London. You ever been? What do you make of it? How is it where you live?

Never been there, but my grandmother's from London. I went to Birmingham once when I was 7, it was alright. The town I live in at the moment is quite dire and dreary but I'm hoping to move somewhere better when I get my exam results, I always get nostalgia when I return to the city I used to live in.

Never been to brum but I hear the pakis can be quite rough there, to my surprise, because in London they are docile

>went downstairs
>news on the radio was on
>460,000 people over the age of 18 still live with their parents in Ireland
>nearly 60% of them are male

What do we do lads?

The rise of single manchildren living with their parents will surely cause a surge in anime and video game interest in this country which is a very positive trend indeed.

In all seriousness that number is astronomical, it must mean the majority and maybe even vast majority of twenty somethings haven't moved out. Hard to blame them, particularly in Dublin.

>Wanting to move out of your MAMMY's house

I know a Brazilian girl who moved over here for a year to study English and even with working a couple of part time jobs she could only afford sharing some shitty apartment in the city with like 10 other people. Rents are beyond ridiculous out this way. I'd hate to share a room with somebody else

I have cousins up there and they've all had to go to colleges in Munster instead since they want to live away from home for college but were unable to afford it in Dublin at any sort of decent standard of living.

Was looking at this before and it's fairly shocking to see single rooms going for more than entire houses in other parts of the country.
dailyedge.ie/renting-in-dublin-3-3478225-Jul2017/

I dunno what's more depressing, living in a showbox with 20 gypos in Dublin or living in a satellite county like Meath or Kildare

Coming home to any of these even once a week would be enough to send you over the edge.

I like the idea of microhomes, though. A little self-sufficient space that has all the essentials while still being livable and relatively comfy. I've no desire to inhabit a three or four bedroom house by myself or even with a partner

Form a national mannerbund and conquer land and women.

It was the same in the pre-CT with regards to the rural men, it just seems to have extended to middling towns and Dublin's middle class.
They're saying X amount of men are economically and socially disposable for the running of the kind of society the powers that be want to have.

I couldn't deal with either. I know someone in Kildare who has to leave the house by 6:30 for a commute that can take up to 2 hours, she eats breakfast at work and does overtime in the evenings until 7 because there's no point in attempting to drive home during rush hour. She gets a meal in the city before the drive home because it'd be too late to eat by the time she gets home and gets something cooked. When she gets home she has about an hour to herself which is usually spent with a glass of wine and watching tv before she needs to go to bed again to be up in time for 6 the following day. She doesn't even keep milk in the fridge until the weekend.
It sounds like a living hell.

I'd kym if Id to live like that, being a wagie is worse than death

Looks comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=4vZpfdutYTY

Would straight up kill myself before I'd live like that.

Doesnt look insulated, though

Considering trying the animax dub and edit, apparently it was far more true to the original than the 90s cardcaptors dub. It's nice that all the characters don't sound like valley girls.
youtube.com/watch?v=XiYAUxXeSoc

A motorcycle would solve this issue. Traffic becomes redundant so journeys are twice halved.

>bought GTA V ages ago on PC through Gamesplanet
>installed, played for a while, eventually uninstalled
>recently been itching to play it again
>download takes almost a full day
>have to delete all sorts of things to make space
>finally try to launch it
>get told that I can't play it because I used my activation code before

If you live in the country you should be able to get a large house for the same price as a semi-detatched near pre-fab POS.

>ancestors relegated to useless land for centuries
>suddenly valuable as scenic, spacious land

Reminder to remind your descendants to keep any land they inherit. After space colonisation starts, earth land prices will collapse, but then they will rise and rise for the rest of time.

If the whole world eventually winds up like developed countries such as Germany and Japan won't we reach a point where death rate is greater than birth rate and so demand will begin to decline.

>If the whole world eventually winds up like developed countries such as Germany and Japan
Never going to happen, except in the scenario I described where young people/people with drive go to alien planets. Germany isn't long for this world at this point.

It sounds better than the 'Sakura Avalon' dub but still not as good as the Japanese original. I guess you could try it if you really wanted an excuse to rewatch it
It's even worse if you want to mod it and want to play online too, you have to have two copies of the game in separate directories.

fug

Guess I could get it from kiss

>do you not get tired of blogposting and giving us blow by blow commentary every day?

So many people to correct, so little time.

>janky messes with generic and overdone concepts
While they might have been janky I don't see how the concept was overdone at that stage. If there isn't a better quality alternative you have no choice but to stick with the janky one.
Take Dwarf Fortress for example. Horrendous UI but fairly unique (apart from Rimworld now) and adored by many.
DayZ and Rust are decent games, Rust is quite good if you are interested in the genre, and many millions of people clearly are.

>runs as well as you'd expect an early access game
Runs fine for me.

>every match plays out the same
>greentext
The gameplay is as repetitive as many other shooters, minus some sort of progression system. Could argue Rocket League is even more repetitive.
They do need to add some new maps though.

>honestly don't know why it's breaking 420,000 concurrent users on Steam
Because it's not your cup of tea, which is fine. Doesn't make it a poor game though.

>mod started falling apart when Youtube got their hands on it
>turned into a free for all where everybody just killed everyone on sight
Don't think "le evil YouTuber normies" are responsible for that. When everyone is new and has no idea what they are doing of course they are going to be cautious and open-minded.

>MPC
That's not how you spell MPV.

Replied to 5 posts concurrently again lads.

I'll never support (((Rockstar Games))) again after how I've been shafted by them. Fuck those bastards. I genuinely feel sick.

What did they do to you?

>can run games like nu-Doom maxed out @ 120+FPS on modest hardware
>horrible stuttering in PUBG during the initial plane section and FPS plummets when I'm firing an automatic weapon which caused me to die on more than one occasion

There are infinitely better shooters on the market that don't run like dogshit and have more variation than PUBG, which is Twitchbait at its finest.

>Don't think "le evil YouTuber normies" are responsible for that
Twitch is responsible for it as well. Normies never gave a fuck about Arma or milsims in the first place but started buying it in their droves once people on Youtube and Twitch start posting epic reaction videos of themselves playing it. Steam's oversaturated with shitty early access survival games now because of DayZ's explosion in success.

Refusing to let me play a game that I payed for because I uninstalled and reinstalled it.

Did you lose an activation code or something?

I have the activation code, it's confronting me with the "Enter activation code" screen when I log into my old account and telling me that I can't use it because I used it before.

>While they might have been janky I don't see how the concept was overdone at that stage. If there isn't a better quality alternative you have no choice but to stick with the janky one.
That was just my perception as a console peasant primarily, it was evident around that time Steam was becoming filled with early access survival games which appeared very similar like Ark and The Forest as well. I'm not sure if Rust or DayZ were pioneers in the field or not but I generally don't pay too close attention to games until they're at full release.

Did you contact their support? If you already activated it on the account it shouldn't require you to do so again.

The area around and south of at Vincents hospital is the only part of Dublin I've been to that seems nice-ish.
It's similar to other towns and cities in Ireland. Rest of dublin is old wheelie bin tier tho desu.

Is this called D4? Rte is here. They have a big antenna

Yeah donnybrook is D4

Airbnb is sketchy as fuck as i suspected. Guy called M. told me to tell the landowner im just his friend. M. looks like a trashy surfer that begs for money on the street but he doesnt seem like a bad guy. Semilong blonde hair and stuff. I share bedroom with him, a rather small one.

You're gonna get mugged

He probably isn't allowed to sub-rent either because of the area he's in or the rental agreement with the landlord. Probably nothing to worry about.

Which also means spanny will be restricted on when he can come and go and also that he may be kicked out at any time on the spot.
Wouldn't trust the dirty crusty he's staying with either. Sounds like he'd Rob spannys stuff while he was out or he'd just be a creepy dangerous fucker.

Yeah but he's probably getting it cheap, it's either that or share a room with 4 brazilians.

Almost finished with the pizza here. Chicken later.

Sent tinder-chan a msg telling her its my last day in north dublin, asking if she wants to meet
It wasnt that cheap.. 22/day, could have spent 8 more to get smthing really decent.. oh well

Is it just the weather or is anybody else super drowsy today? Feel asleep 3 times at work already today.

I am fluent in cock socking.

Same here but i sleep like shit too t b h
How many socks can you do?

What are your standards? Are you good looking?

How long do you reckon until ?

Well at the moment it seems like we're going at a rate of about 1971 posts per hour. We're going to need roughly another 135589 posts before we can hit 77777777. If my calculations are correct, it will take roughly 69 more hours to reach it, so a bit less than 3 days.

>1971
>69
Something tells me you're kidding me.

You can calculate it yourself if you don't believe m.

Freedom! Thought the day would never end.

It's surprisingly windy out there.

Weather is bipolar today

Listening to Linkin Park right now.

What is it with senior figures in this country and being pictured eating ice creams?

That my line.

>That my line
But look at that exclamation mark I added. Improves the whole statement immeasurably.
Bet you wouldn't think to add one of those.

Any idea who he has on tonight?

>Any idea who he has on tonight?
No, but it was teased as an "all female panel"

>was teased as an "all female panel"
Not sure I like the sound of that.
Though to be fair, they've had a few of those panels before and Vincent always seemed to enjoy them a lot, if I am recalling correctly.

When is Vinny stepping down from the show? I always enjoy watching the show in bed if I'm having an early night.