At friends house as a kid playing video games

>at friends house as a kid playing video games.
>friends parent says dinner is ready
>'brb user just gonna eat'
>stay in friends room while they eat

Is this common in your country?
Sweden yes
Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

flashback.org/t2444302
youtu.be/UOIv1gY2sBE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

well yeah
either that or they invite you to eat with them

what an ugly monkey
jesus christ

pretty rude of you for not leaving... you put them and yourself in an awkward position

fucking weird
they invite the guest to eat too

Never had that happen to me. Every time I have been at friend's house, their parents always offer food and vice versa. It's just common courtesy

Who the fuck doesn't invite the guest to eat?

That would be considered rude as fuck here

Holy shit a friend of your son is in your home at lunch time, invite the kid to lunch

baka @ white people

TINY

If the host's parents know that the guest's parents are preparing a meal for them at home that makes sense
If it was staying over on the weekend though I'd expect that the kids were getting fed at the house where they were playing vidya

Honestly it might be a Euro thing.. even in the US we have the decency to offer food to the guests

No

haha smol benis x-DDDDDD

Yeah right? Never thought about this until now but severeal of my friends parents did this and it's pretty fucked up

They probably literally talked to your parents on the phone about their meal plans

Yea it is, especially if it's just a kid

Maybe just asshole parents?

We did this too

Only if parents called ahead and asked if it was okay did we eat with them/friend eat with us

>Bunch of Euros say they've never heard of or experienced this
>I think it might be a Euro thing
Dumb fucking Americunt.

No they definitely did not
Dunno think actually it was mostly the kids with well off parents actually

There's a thread with 33 pages on Flashback about this issue

flashback.org/t2444302

>Do you invite your child's friends for dinner?

General answer seems to be no

THAT'S IT! NO SOPA FOR YOU, YOUNG BOY!

Get btfo stupid brit

>Swedes
>Representative of normal functioning Euros
'no'

Home for dinner is an important thing in some places
You can spend 2 hours after school tearing up the neighbourhood as long as you're at the family table at 6:45 pm

Sweden != euro in a general sense though

Leting your kids friend not eat if they are there is psychopathic behaviour though. Not going home is a bit strange too maybe but if you are a kid you might nit have that sense if akwardness though. Sweden is fucked up

If my friend can't eat, I don't eat. If I can eat, my friend eats with me/my family. Pretty simple hospitality rules.

Sweden yes!

When I was in middle school I had a rich friend who lived in Manhattan and his parents would always take us out to expensive restaurants and pay for everything. That was nice while it lasted.

I always went home for dinner at the agreed upon time unless eating at friends place was part of deal to begin with. Sometimes there could be that situation where I still stayed though because dinner times vary from family to family I think.

Nope.
Ofc, other kid is always offered (is this correct word? O.o )/ If kid is not hungry (ate at home, before visit) they could wait. Or they can go home if their parents expect them at dinner. But it is normal to at least invite guests.

Being a good host is important here so people are really trying hard. And yes, it is partly just what people like to say but often people from serbia go somewhere in west and see the difference and vice versa, foreigners say that too .

no, wtf
if I have guests I make sure they feel welcome

Of course you offer a meal to guests, what is this, a medieval dungeon?

Next you'll tell me you don't offer plumbers or electricians a glass of water.

Depends on the situation. Never had that happened, But I could see it if you were like neighbours and you'd be going home for dinner, or they were poor or something.

You've either got to offer the kid some food, get them to eat with you, or take the little fucker home before you eat

Just having them wait in a separate room is awkward as lol

I have a friend that emigrated to Germoney.

She is in highschool and was doing some project with few classrome friends at home of some german girl. In serbia usually first thing would be to host offer some drink (coffee, juice, water whatever) but they just started with work on project. So, after a hour she felt really thirsty and asked for glass of water. Host: " Oh, dont worry, we will finish soon with project"

So, that was weird for everyone here that heard a story and many interpret it as a cultural difference but I guess it was just one weir german girl, r-right?

>they invite you to eat with them
in turkey always this.Even if you are not hungry.

No. Dutch people will invite you to eat along.

No.
You should always bring your own stuff.

But Dutch people themselves tend to wait for each other before they start eating as well. So, it would be odd to wait for everyone except one person lol.

Are you serious or not? I can't tell.

I am serious.
Even the friendliest people will do most likely what OP described.

Strange. The only times I didnt get to eat at a friends house or vice versa it was what said.

No, that would be imaginable.

What??? You will bring water to friends house?

For once i even considered that that was a german thing like : WORK! WORK! WORK! then drink water or whatever...

kys.That's why your country is not worth to stay alive.

Here that's unthinkable. I even had a few times when the host didn't have enough food.
They ordered something instead. And ate their planned meal the day after.

No

Not offer a glass of water? Is water from the sink not drinkable in Germany or something?

I think I need to cool off.

youtu.be/UOIv1gY2sBE

The dutch are truly the greatest people

>tfw dont like eating out too much
>people here make you eat at their homes and get offended if you dont
wanna change places op

>You will bring water to friends house?
Yes, I always did and I recomend it.

I like this. I can't even imagine anyone here would do this.

it's pretty dickish but I can see it happening. Especially if both you, the other kid, and his parents are all socially awkward fucks. The other kid's parents probably either didn't realize you were there or thought you were white trash whose parents didn't feed and they didn't want to take on the role

Even if it isn't. It is unhumane.

I guess some weird cultural thing just... We have asian people that eat bugs and... germans...

>At friend's house as a kid
>They're making goat ribs
>Literally have to force myself to eat the plate of goat ribs they gave me

>It is unhumane.
Beggars would feed themselves all the time at your place.

Go fuck yourself

Do you not understand the concept of inviting a FRIEND over? Not talking about random people walking into your home.. but then you are German..

this:
Do Germans have friends? Were you started to WW's just because you felt lonely?

Now I understand. He is highly beta nerd and he loves pretending to have friends.He never had friends.He is just trolling.

He must be.

lmao snowniggers subhumans

pls no

I think Dutch etiquette is always a bit different from other countries. We are very minimal on politeness and courtesies. But we have a lot of unspoken rules that you cannot break.

And dinner is one of the strict ones. People might not even open the door if you ring the bell during dinner lol. Because your busy having dinner.

>le autism worldwars meme

Yes we do have friends and our friends can feed themselves.

It's not about whether they can feed themselves or not.. if you invite a guest over it's common courtesy to treat them. Do you really not understand this?

lmao this is most definitely a crime in southern europe

And when you invite someone often you also feed him often?

They aren't dogs, you just offer them something or they can ask.

One of my friends literally made me wait outside their house while they had dinner. Thinking back it was pretty fucked up.

It depends. If you're eating/having dinner it's common courtesy to offer that person food

Normally you ask something if he wants something as soon as you arrive.

And then again once you want something yourself.
Or when the person asks for it. Or when you think he wants it.

Wait is this fucking normal in Germany? Id understand one German trolling but two?

Lets say you hang up everyday with your friend.
Do you take responsibility for feeding him from now on?

Definitely remember this, I also remember kids waiting outside my house while I had dinner though.

As long as he's at my home.

Sounds kinda disrespectful desu

You couldn't even wait inside?

no it's not. it's rude af

lol
that amount of autism.
sometimes you will eat at his house to. it just isn't a thing you will going to count. like, are you friends or what?

No, this wasn't normal though. I think it's because his parents were rich they thought literally everyone who set foot in their house wanted to steal everything.

I think historically dinner is one of the most important events during the day. So it's not that odd that each culture has it's own rules for it.

Gigaronny

What is autistic about it. This sounds expensive as fuck.

And it's not odd the german user is the most autistic about it, is it?

Doesn't your family usually make more than you can eat anyway.

This happened to me before, but it was because my friend's parents didn't know we were hanging out and didn't have anything prepared for me. They were also weird, my parents would never have done that

Wasting food is certainly not really appreciated here.

Jesus contain your autism

We don't waste it. We put it off and eat it later usually. That's what my family does

no it would be impolite to not offer you to join in

That wouldn't happen everyday. Also, it is food and they are your friends so you shouldn't look at it in that way.

Also you fuckers are rich from our perspective and cheap as fuck.

wtf

are you somekind of master troll?

Do you also charge a bathroom fee for your guests too?

No,
Btw that's an ugly ass monkey you got there

Jesus, that's fucking rude. When i reached my friends after having dinner parents still tried to force-feed me.

its not about the look its about the taste

Oh like that. That's really uncommon here. I think only farmers do that.

>germ enters your home
>offer him some chips
Would he think you're calling him homeless?

"What am I? A fucking dog?"

kek

this comment is gold

kek

he would probably try to pay for it or something