Americans, what are some things about Europe that are just weird to you?

Americans, what are some things about Europe that are just weird to you?
I cant get over how americans are shocked they have to pay for public toilets here.

>I cant get over how americans are shocked they have to pay for public toilets here.
What do you homeless people do? And where do junkies shoot up?

>What do you homeless people do
Shit, that's a typo, I wasn't calling you homeless.

>I cant get over how americans are shocked they have to pay for public toilets here.

We don't even have public bathrooms. We just go into businesses if we have to go while out.

Paying to watch TV is a big one.

What, are there public toilets in Europe where you don't have to pay for using them?

Man, you are really living in the future.

Public bathrooms are in parks, but they're free to use.
But yeah. If people need to go to the bathroom, they'll go to a restaurant or other business and use the one they have there.

Only homeless really get barred from using bathrooms.

It should be free my man. We have parks here with free bathrooms paid for by taxes.

Anyone can walk up and use them.

next to churches.
arent they gross then?

i always thought it was weird that germans have to pee sitting down

>gross
Depends on the park, but generally yes.
I don't believe this.

>arent they gross then?
If they are in a populated area, very.
In fact the one near my house doesn't have any stalls, just divides between each toilet. Nobody but the homeless really uses them

I was taken aback by just how rude everyone was, at least in paris. And not even particularly to us, just people in general. The french just seemed at best dismissive and at worst downright assholes. Which again wasn't necessarily aimed at us so I dont think it was purely a tourist thing. Belgium was better however.

thats what you get in overpopulated multicultural cities

you need to visit the burbs, my man

How weird Euros are about temperature. I remember going outside and it being like 30 degrees celsius, and a bunch of Euros acting like the world was coming to an end.

And this isn't the case in all big cities?
The 'burbs are more hospitable in all cases.

It creeps me out how quick Euros are to accept statist authority over everything. Mandatory public education, mandatory medical programs, mandatory diets. All the European flags have the same opinions about everything except history. That's completely the opposite of America, where no two people will agree on how healthy a slice of bread is, or even how effective vaccines are. Euros are Stepford Children.

simply not true, my man

there are plenty of genuine libertarian/right wingers in Europe, altho we tend to be more reserved than you yanks because of political correctness.

A few things are strange:

>man capris
>the stupid Italian convenience stores at gas stations that are like a maze to try to force you to buy their junk
>customer service is terrible at restaurants
>many buildings without air conditioner

This, and it's even weirder to me that we're basically wildlings in their eyes for not being ok with authoritarianism.
Libertarian and right wing seem more synonymous over there.

>political correctness
>caring about other people's opinions

Fucking kek!

you can get arrested for hate speech, even via twitter.

I lived in downtown atlanta for college. people were nowhere NEAR as bad as they were in paris

>arent they gross then?
They're disgusting. But that's the price you pay for not paying a price.

>more reserved than you yanks because of political correctness.
>because of political correctness.
No, it's cultural. Political correctness has nothing to do with avoiding small talk for example

Why is so much importance placed on speech?
Are people so unable to handle the banter that they need the government to handle it for them?

You would think that if America came to the conclusion that ``hate speech could be defined as `whatever people I don't like say'", that Britain would be able to come up with the same thing.

>political correctness

You guys can be arrested for saying mean things on twitter. That shit is absolutely baffling to me. Resist as much as possible brother

i am in complete agreement with you

I have only been to Germany, so this might be a German thing, but I noticed a lot of people would go to the grocery store quite often and only buy a small amount of food each time. It's weird to me since the American way seems to be buying food in bulk and only going shopping every 1-2 weeks, however I like the idea of going every day or so to get fresh foods. Unfortunately that's expensive here.

paying for water is bullshit.
How bad are your taxes?
Is it possible to fire an employee, or do the police arrest any employer who fires an employee?

Do lots of businesses hire poles, or Albanians under the table for less than germans?

How much does a septic tank pump service cost there, and what is the disposal fee the pumper has to pay?

here the county contracts with porta pottie companies, I work in a similar industry so my nose is a bit off... The one I used was very clean, but porta potties are a big deal in my city Napa (due to the shit loads of illegal farm workers). They prefer to shit in the fields, but if they shit on the plant it can cause ecoli and people get sick / sue.

It's easy to do if you live in a small town or a city center. I swing by the local grocery store on my way home from work 2-3 times per week. Oddly, it seems like less of a chore. If you're single or a couple, it's worth trying out.

In Norway taxes can go from 0 to 47 percent. Average is a little under 30 percent.

it's common among students but my parents would usually go to buy food once a week

>paying for water is bullshit.
you also have bottled water

>How bad are your taxes?
really fucking bad, and the number 1 reason I want to leave this cucked shit country (the highest taxes in the world actually)

>Is it possible to fire an employee, or do the police arrest any employer who fires an employee?
the employer gets shot and the fired employee is celebrated on national media

>Do lots of businesses hire poles, or Albanians under the table for less than germans?
No. Most jobs require someone to speak German and be educated, for minimum wage jobs Germans are just as likely to be paid less than legal but it's still uncommon, mainly because people refuse to work for wages that are much lower than minimum wage anyway.

>How much does a septic tank pump service cost there, and what is the disposal fee the pumper has to pay?

Carbonated water.

lower than USA.... except for cap gains and qualified divis

What about landscaping, agriculture, and construction?

A lot of those jobs, you really don't need to communicate with a customer or much education beyond the 6th grade