East Asia vs Southeast Asia

Which is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=csvmciCmwCE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

East. South east is better for hookers and ladyboys.

How can compete?

Japan sides with SEA brothers though.

SEA languages are some of the most disgusting in the world.

What are those bottom three flags on the right?

Japan is not even East Asian.

After WWII you became subjects of Oceania.

Japan is Oceanic.

•Burma
•Cambodia
•Majapahit (Basically Indonesia)

What's the third language in the west asia group?
It's unbelievably aesthetically pleasing to look at.

Vietnam

SEA because Indonesian consists of actual letters and thus easily beats everyone else in terms of everything

>West Asia

Literally what?

If you mean Southeast Asia, then that's the Mon/Burmese script

vietnam and Malaysia too

Vietnam uses a lot of non-letters with hooks but yes bahase indonesia and bahasa melayu are basically the same

Find me even a single SEA language that doesn't sound disgusting and/or doesn't derive half of its vocabulary from American English. I am genuinely curious.

ꦕꦸꦮꦒꦾꦫꦹꦩꦶ

This is what Bhasa Indonesia should look like you Latin cuck

Most Southeast Asian languages borrow words from Sanskrit + Arabic(for Maritime).

Only Southeast Asian country obsessed with English is Phillipines because they are cuck

Sanskrit is good. Very complex classical Indo-European language.

So it's just pinoys doing this? Well, I think Indonesians are no good either as they are Muslim.

What's your favourite in Southeast Asia?

Favorite is Thailand or Burma

>Indonesia, Fillipines, Malaysia abandoned script

>Indonesia and Malaysia got Muslim'd

>Laos is as good as Thailand if not for commie takeover and simplification of writing

>Cambodia has cool history but became cucks dominated by Thai, French, Viets, and Chinese since 1500s. Literally lost most of Angkorian culture/achievements due to their own causes. Also they are literally Africa tier poverty

It's Javanese script though, there are other language alphabets like Balinese, Sundanese, and even some that aren't influenced by ancient Pallava alphabets like Batak or Bugis.

it hadn't been to begin with

Yeah, it's a shame about Cambodia. Thailand feels like what Cambodia should have been, although I don't have a deep understanding (especially shallow is for Burma). If I were asked about who's the best, without understanding much I would still say Thailand.

HOWEVER, I should add that I don't like how the Thai language sounds at all. Maybe Burmese wins for me in that regard.

East in every way, barring Singapore which is filled with East Asians living in Southeast Asia

I never understood why Indonesia uses Bhasa Indonesia.

The capital is in Java, of which most people are Javanese.

Indonesia is the heir of Majaoahit which was a Javanese empire.

Bhasa Indonesia should be language of Malay territory only. Srivijaya lands.

Since Malay was written in Kawi, of which Javanese script descends from. Malay languages can also be transcribed with Javanese script :)

Thai and Burmese are both East Asian languages that migrated south.

The Burmese adopted the Native Mon Culture while the Thai/Lao adopted the native Khmer culture.

>I never understood why Indonesia uses Bhasa Indonesia.
Bahasa Indonesia was derived from old Melayu with some Dutch loanwords, it's because Bahasa Melayu was the lingua franca in the archipelago. Melayu today isn't the same with the ones that was used during the Malacca sultanate times.

>The capital is in Java, of which most people are Javanese.
They share it with Sundanese, Betawi, and Madura people. And you can pick Javanese as the national language without the Sundanese protesting, because they have an old feud. Also, this country is extremely Java-centric already, so much for diversity.

>Indonesia is the heir of Majaoahit which was a Javanese empire.
Correct, but Javanese is predominantly used in Central Java, Jogjakarta, and East Java only. Technically the core realm of Majapahit.

>Bhasa Indonesia should be language of Malay territory only. Srivijaya lands.
Not all of Srivijaya territories use Melayu as its language. Even in Sumatra there are so many ethnic languages.

>Since Malay was written in Kawi, of which Javanese script descends from. Malay languages can also be transcribed with Javanese script :)
What? Malay uses Jawi script (Pic related). Basically Bahasa Melayu written with Arabic alphabets.

Are you that Thai guy living in Japan?

>bahase indonesia and bahasa melayu are basically the same
Like Dutch and German is basically the same

Dutch is German minus the grammar, and everything sounds corrupted.

That's how I listen to Bahasa Indonesia.
Like the word "sebentar" (wait a minute)
Malay = dropped the ending R
Indonesia = rolled the R
So we're not the same.

I like bahasa more than any other language.

Vietnam the odd one out using Latin letters

youtube.com/watch?v=csvmciCmwCE
Bahasa Indonesia is obviously the best in the Southeast Asia

I'm talking about the Kawi alphabet not the Jawi script.

Kawi is the ancestrial script of Balinese and Javanese script.

Kawi was used to write Old Malay which used lots of Sanskrit loanwords as well much like Thai, Khmer, and Burmese

Bhasa Thai?

Bhasa Lao?

Bhasa Melayu?

Fucking retard

bahasa means languange

Literally every South/Southeast Asia language is Bhasa _____

Ok then, Bahasa Melayu

Except that Kawi language has nothing to do with classical Melayu (Jawi), which serves as the basis of Modern Melayu and Indonesia.

Classical Melayu is shit because it uses Arabic as a loan base.

Old Melayu uses Sanskrit so it's good.

I hate Arabs

koreans are the superior asians

Is that why your capital city is a sinic word?