>preferring a toothpaste flag to this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aAz8MCO8fg8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they're cucks who still use the French colours because daddy napoleon told them too

it's still tricolor shit

I think they would just make a toothpaste to match it

We were originally red white and blue. And the oldest tricolor in use. So you can fuck off.

>we wuz kangz

>can't even use a meme properly.

>he didn't get the joke

jan... easy on the weed...

>telling we wuz kings to a monarchy

>""""""monarchy""""""

Very aesthetically pleasing flag. Is because of it that orange is Netherlands' colour?

It Is funny how Netherlands got only the drawbacks from colonialism

By being one of the richest countries in the world from the 1600s up until this day?

I mean Dutch language today is nonexisting and Netherlands now are basically vassals of germany, and filled with ex colonials

N**erlands btfo

I think you forget that in South Africa Afrikaans, which is simplified Dutch, is spoken more often as a native language than English.

>Dutch language today is nonexisting

wat, it has more than 25 million native speakers

>Netherlands now are basically vassals of germany

Meaning what? We have very little to do with Germany besides being a large trade partner. Culturally we're quite far apart and politically the UK has always been more our ally than Germany.

>9 million native swedish speakers
>28 million dutch speakers + 23 million Afrikaans speakers

Interviewer speaks Flemish. Charlize Afrikaans.

youtube.com/watch?v=aAz8MCO8fg8

you are irrelevant.

Just to clear some things up; the current Dutch flag was only used in the county of Holland first. We had a lot of Bavarian rulers and the tricolor was used next to the old Hollandic flag (the flag which is used by the province of South-Holland now). A lot of Dutch Coat of Arms were inspired by the coat of arms of Bavaria. The Coat of Arms of waterschap (= an institution that prevent the Dutch from drowning) Delfland, which was created by the unification of older waterschappen in 1289 has the Coat of Arms of Bavaria in it too. Only the first and third quater have the Coat of Arms of Henegouwen in it (which was basically the Coat of Arms of Flanders and the Coat of Arms of Holland put together). Behind the shield is the eagle of the Holy Roman Emperor with the imperial crown. The Coat of Arms is still in use today by the waterschap of Delfland and it can be found above the door of their building (Pic related). The flag of Holland was based on the Coat of Arms of Bavaria and the red lion on the coat of arms of Holland. During the Dutch revolt the Burgundian flag was still in use, but it was too much associated with the Spanish, so the Dutch decided to use the flag of Holland for all of the Netherlands with the colour of Orange instead of the red colour. This flag was only used by the navy after the war and the country used the original flag of Holland again. The navy got this flag too in later times, because it was more visible than the old flag. The Statenvlag (in fact still the Hollandsche vlag) has been in use till today. To honour the Dutch royal family we don't use the Prinsenvlag anymore, but we put the "oranje wimpel" on the top of the mast instead.

you are irrelevant

>I've only voted twice in my life. The first time was for Nelson Mandela and the second time it was for Barack Obama

Anglo influence.