/éire/ - /eire/

Eagrán pictúir beithí

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CTE08SS8fNk
independent.ie/irish-news/dublin-life-is-unsustainable-meet-the-professionals-who-left-for-the-midwest-to-enjoy-a-better-quality-of-life-35923655.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tuirseach

alri

ya

K

WEW

>Wake up
>see this

Fuck Rice Crispys, marry butter and jam, kill the rest

Havent had colacao (cocoa drink) in over a month
Wonder if this woman bought it specifically for me knowing im Spanish
Good lad

>Wonder if this woman bought it specifically for me knowing im Spanish
Quite possible. It's not something Irish households would normally have. She seems like a very nice lady, you should leave her a gift before you go.

shes very rich, what could i possibly buy that she doesnt have?
also want to buy some small souvenirs to bring back to spain, any place where they arent extremelly overpriced?

>shes very rich, what could i possibly buy that she doesnt have?
A box of chocolates or some flowers, just to show you appreciated the extra effort she put in.

>also want to buy some small souvenirs to bring back to spain, any place where they arent extremelly overpriced?
I doubt it, souvenirs are by definition going to be overpriced. Maybe market stalls if you find a place like that in Dublin.

any of you have a qt cork accent?

No, I don't know what kind of accent I have.

well.. not necceseraly "souvenirs" but something typically irish that i wouldnt find elsewhere, and small so i can carry it in my luggage
>giving her flowers
wouldnt this be interpreted as me making a move on her? box of chocolates sounds reasonable.

>wouldnt this be interpreted as me making a move on her?
>being this fucking autistic

>wouldnt this be interpreted as me making a move on her?

oh fuk i guess the culture is different
i wouldnt ever buy flowers for a woman i wasnt attracted to in spain
im still gonna go with the box of chocolates in case you fuckers are trolling

>literally autistic
>reddit frog poster

please tell me you'll never post here again after you go home

>i wouldnt ever buy flowers for a woman i wasnt attracted to in spain
Neither would I in Ireland.

Box of chocolates isn't trolling. It's a Christmas/congratulations/thank you gift de jure. Women love them.

Let the animefag who is without autism cast the first stone.

It's a very normal thing to give flowers as a form of gratitude. But yes, chocolates are fine too.

*de rigueur

You wouldn't leave it to a man either, unless he had a family. More of a "household" gift.

youtube.com/watch?v=CTE08SS8fNk

Wish I did music and art in school desu. Too full of girls and soft pompous poofs though.

>Letting prejudice blind you from doing something you love.
Music was probably the class I had the most fun in.

Would have probably got in a fight and been kicked out or else passive-aggressive bullying would have made it suck.
Besides, I don't know what the quality of the state-provided education was like, especially for someone with no musical background. It was extremely hit and miss in the classes I did go to, and the good teachers and classes were hampered more than helped by the curriculum desu.

>Letting prejudice blind you from doing something you love.
Literally the only way to live life.

I had no musical background and got on ok. I needed to learn piano out of school hours since most of the other students had been in the school band and already knew an instrument but that was about it. Most of the classwork was studying classical pieces or learning about different styles of music rather than playing.

Why would you get into a fight in music class? Would that not have happened in whatever class you picked anyway if you were prone to that?

Oh, and I didn't (know I had) an interest in music at that point.

>Would that not have happened in whatever class you picked anyway if you were prone to that?
If there's enough "lads" or male teacher, you won't get fights starting or being blown out of proportion, respectively.
Plus compulsory, low-investment classes have a much lower threshold of what's tolerated and what's not. They literally can't kick anyone out of English, Maths, Irish, etc, and they treated Business Studies as the dumping ground for unruly brainlets in terms of optional subjects.
Not that I was an unruly brainlet. I was picked on for being a quiet, smart ("autist") type, and I got into fights because I was big enough and angry enough to win them, and wasn't the type to emotionally control situations.

Depends on your school. My brother did music and said he hated it, the only people I knew who liked it were people that were already very into music.
Art seemed fun though.

>always loved listening and playing music since a small age
>father would always say its not a real job and that its a total waste of time for people that end up begging in the street
>never let me go to a Conservatorius (classic music school)
>never let me go to a serious Jazz school
why are you so hostile towards me

"Real Jobs" is the biggest fucking con job.

>tfw no pensionable, public service job for life

Working in the public sector would make you want to hang yourself. Everything is so inefficient and I've never seen something so badly managed in my life. All the workers don't give a fuck about anything because of how they're treated and how retarded the system is, so they all become really lazy.
I can't give specifics but you'd have to see it to believe it. Its like politics in this country.

Just like spain
At least its not brazil. Public workers will "lose" your papers if you dont bribe them often, or cops will keep your passport asking for ransom.
Know a brazilian that lost a year of university due to that corrupt burocratic bs

I worked as a TCO one summer during college and it was definitely a sight to behold.
Some people would spend all day chatting and wouldn't do any work, 15 minute breaks would last for 40 minutes. Lunch was a sandwich eaten at the desk while gossiping before they then actually clocked out for a 30 minute walk or shopping in the city as their actual lunch break.
Days were flexitime so you could just turn up in the morning anytime you wanted before 10 and go home anytime you wanted after 4.
Higher management didn't even turn up in the morning and went playing golf in the afternoon.
Sick days were astronomical, in a team of 16 there were usually 2-3 out at any given time and some of them would take weeks off for a flu. If someone came in with a cold they'd even be told by the manager "aren't you great to come but sure take a few days to get yourself back to normal."
I'd be given work to do at the start of the week and noticed I could complete it by Tuesday, so I soon learned to ration it out for the entire week. They didn't like me asking for more to do because the only other thing they could offer was work designated for overtime which was taking bonus money away from those who wanted it.

It was a complete shambles from a taxpayer point of view but incredibly cosy and easy going to work there, no stress at all.

Sounds like I need to aim for a job in the public sector. I hate the micromanagement of your time in the big private enterprises.

I actually tried to get one of those TCO jobs twice while I was in college, but either a huge amount of people applied or the application process was much more devious than I thought, because I could never even break into the top 100 on the short list.

I failed miserably the first year I applied after foolishly answering the questions honestly. The second year I had the foresight to ask my Dad to fill it out for me and naturally was accepted with a top 50 rank.

Was the time limit in place when you did the questionnaire? When I did it there was a time limit (about 45 minutes I think) and I had to rush the last few questions because I spent too long thinking about how they might want each individual question to be answered.

I was told by a cousin of mine who applied this year that the timer is gone now.

What's a TCO?

Temporary Clerical Officer.

And what does such a position entail? What purpose does a TCO serve?

The time limit was quite challenging as I recall, especially if you're answering from the perspective of trying to guess the perceived preferred answer rather than what you actually believe.

The worst part of the whole thing was the in person interview after your number comes up. They insist you travel to Dublin for what is a very simple checkbox interview even though I wasn't applying for Dublin.

Depends on the department but it's an office job of some description. Usually summer work for students or people who need work experience, you're generally filling in for people who are away on holidays or have taken the summer off.

>They insist you travel to Dublin for what is a very simple checkbox interview even though I wasn't applying for Dublin.
Oh dear.

beod

Is it just me or has it been a really boring Summer? With all that's going on in the world I expected some decent news stories coming out.

There hasn't been a Happening in a while alright.

Theres crazy shiy going on in the white house consistently so it kinda became the norm and it isnt amusing anymore

Will /éire/ join the inevitable uprising to depose the Leinster Menace once and for all?

Saw a young wh*tey holding hands with a strong independent black woman
Its not fair...

I'd rather secede and a two state solution.

What the hell is wrong with you?

>Cuntster secedes
>GDP per capita increases in Leinster and the other 3 counties

No, Spanny. It's not THAT bad here. I don't think I've seen people purposely lose things or do thing erroneously out of spite.
Yeah sounds about right. Although to be fair in my last public sector job we worked our bollocks off, but there was a lot of flexibility too and it wasn't a miserable as the private sector.
But this current public sector job people wont even clean or tidy their workspace.
They have a huge "that's not my job" attitude. It's all the older workers too. The younger people coming into the job are enthusiastic and will work harder.
The problem lies with all the red tape and huge amount of managers who aren't worth their shit. You will never get a thanks for hard work at all.
I found an issue by pure mistake, a serious issue and I said it to one of my bosses and the response was basically "why did you go near there, that's none of your business". Rather than, thanks for letting me know. I've started to put in tons of online complaints and red flags too. Most people don't bother because they're too stupid to use the PC and fill out a pdf forum/email it away.
Then only the other day didn't they have huge issues with the NIMIS software? How in the name of fuck can you mess up such a simple thing and not notice it. Although who codes that? Probably not the public sectors fault, it's whatever company makes the software.
> If someone came in with a cold they'd even be told by the manager "aren't you great to come but sure take a few days to get yourself back to normal."
Yeah the running joke is "thanks for coming in".

The pay for most staff is terrible too unless you're a higher up manager wanker.

Was actually reading this today, clearly the money isn't doing Dubs much good for their life quality.
independent.ie/irish-news/dublin-life-is-unsustainable-meet-the-professionals-who-left-for-the-midwest-to-enjoy-a-better-quality-of-life-35923655.html

I know at least 5 dubs that moved down the country to get away from the place. They all say how much they disliked living there.
But then I know a fair few countryside people who are desperate to move to Dublin for some reason. So each to their own.

There's more to Leinster than Dublin though. Overall it's the best province

How would you fix the littering problem in Ireland? In some zones of Dublin its just sad
I know its not that bad, that was about brazil..

>Overall it's the best province
>implying the county that is almost 50% Pale territory can be the best

There is no "best" province. They all have their merits and negatives.
Also user pls. It's hardly 50%

Grass is always greener and all that.

M U N S T E R
U
N
S
T
E
R

I think he meant that bordering counties are being drawn towards Dublin, which is really a problem near every city in the country. People in Clare for example tend to either go to Galway or Limerick for college and work.

Better full blue or not?

Without Dublin it's a mixture of a sad depressing wasteland and generic commuter satellite towns where nobody actually interacts with their local community.
Have you been to places like Laois, Offaly, Westmeath, Longford? The most desolate wastelands you'll find in the entire country, there are actual ghost towns in those places.
Louth is full of knackers, particularly in Drogheda. Dundalk isn't as bad but both are seriously rough towns.
The less said about the faux-Dub pale counties the better, no identity whatsoever outside of the capital.
The saving grace of Leinster are the southern counties, Kilkenny, Wexford and Carlow are decent counties with nice people and scenery. They seem a bit out of place in Leinster.

How do i tell if sum1 is being polite for the sake pf being polite or if je actually enjoys my presence?

You can't.

>The saving grace of Leinster are the southern counties, Kilkenny, Wexford and Carlow are decent counties with nice people and scenery. They seem a bit out of place in Leinster.
Munster will gladly swap Waterford for Kilkenny.

What the fuck?

Kilkenny: Top tier Hurling

Waterford: Traveller feuds

Bit of a no-brainer.

>Dundalk has no iden-

But yeah I concede that Longford and Westmeath are depressing shitholes but the rest of Leinster is fine. Offaly and Laois seem fine to me other than the lack of coast

Waterford beat Kilkenny this year. Kilkenny are done for. Sooner cody drops dead of a heart attack the final nail in the coffin will be sealed. (hopefully).
Waterfords a lovely county. Kilkenny town actually has way more travellers in it than Waterford.

This is the kind of thing you see frequently driving through "towns" in Laois and Offaly.
Empty narrow streets and ancient looking buildings. Very old style and not in a homely way.

Can confirm, also North Kilkenny and Carlow have a lot of these kinds of ghost villages.
But the real shithole that we can all agree on is the Midlands. What a desolate place. I never want to live in East Galway again.

>double doors that thin

You have 5 minutes to list the best places and things in your county. GO.

I see
Is it possible to tell if a cute girl sits beside me because he finds me attractive or because im the least ugly guy in the place?

She probably sat beside you because there's a free seat there. No other reason. It's like when somebody parks beside you in an empty car park.
Contrary to popular belief, girls looking at you, smiling at you, talking to you, or sitting beside you does not mean they're attracted to you. They#re just being normal humans.

What about Tullamore and Portlaoise? Are they that bad? I've never been in Laois or Offaly, I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt that they're not as bad as the north midlands

Probably for no reason other than there's a free seat and you didn't look dangerous or something.

I want to be a normal human bean too, sounds fun

>What about Tullamore and Portlaoise?
While not as bad as the north midlands, tullamore and portlaois are still fairly bleak.
Portlaois is just like Carlow town.

People with big ears always look frightened. Well it's not so much the size of the ears as it is how much they stick out.

Well this is goodbye lads, I'm leaving Sup Forums behind it was fun while it lasted but this place for me at least has run it's course.

See ya next week.

Good luck out there user.

How can we lament your loss if we don't know who you are?

Wonder what Kev is up to these days?

Owns an unsuccessful treadmill company.

Ded.

bought a 5€ top-up card but cant figure out how to pull off the sticker to see the code
its really tight

Scratch it with a coin.

its more of a sticker than a scratch thing
the coin barely did anything

ok the coin worked i wasnt scratching hard enough thank you citizen

He's not dead, just driving on the M50, rr...rright?

Finally got the courage to go the hairdresser after all lads.
Spent over an hour washing and cutting my hair. It was super busy and just a really nice experience.
The place was mobbed. There was at least 20 other people side by side. Could hardly hear myself talking.
I'd say they're making some money.
Moral of the story: Go to a good hair studio and you'll get great results.

>charged me €15.
>Women getting the exact same thing done are charged €35.
Privileged lads.

why were you so nervous about going to the hairdresser? as long as its not an old fart it should be fine

>not exclusively going to men's barbers

Sorry I want my hair to actually look nice. Barbers don't know what they're doing.

>Barbers don't know what they're doing
Maybe the ones you've been to. You can't just generalise all barbers in such a way.