/can/

Canadian general get in here fellow leafs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vb3IMTJjzfo
youtube.com/watch?v=yi1yhp-_x7A&t=1s
thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1491404-video-man-back-flips-off-seal-island-bridge-prompting-mixed-reactions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best region reporting

I don't know this region. I have never been outside of my town

bump

Want to go there.

How can I better cultivate and develop my inner Albertan, /can/?

Come here

canada greatest country in the world, all other countries run by little girls

Destroy the environment and get assblasted when quebec takes your shekels.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vb3IMTJjzfo

>giving shekels to icefrogs

What went wrong, Canabros?

>Destroy the environment

Fuck off with this meme

canada number one exporter of potassium, all other countries have inferior potassium

Canada home of the Montreal Olympic swimming pool its length thirty metre and width six metre

THROW THE _____ DOWN THE WELL!

french

SO MY COUNTRY CAN BE FREE

am drunk and feel to slep

anglo

>so my country can be free!

>When someone talks about a province that isn't Ontario

I just don't want to hear about it, simple as.

Visible from space!

Hi Canadians

good ol' trudeau

cant wait seeing this general die. leafs got nothing to talk about lmao!

Probably a good sign.

what the heck is your problemo

Trudeau should hang for treason

I'm just saying that's a good sign that leafs can't think of anything to bitch about. swhy we talk about the weather so god damn much.

Edmonton reporting in

oh i thought you meant it was a good thing leafs can't come together to talk

Nah B

Excellent post

accurate

>Living in a barren wasteland

Do you """""people""""" even have internet?

You can use moose antlers or lobster antennae to get a connection.

I'll stay comfy in Ontario with chinks and POOs, you enjoy your poverty lmao

>Not soaking Ontarian vistas

Poverty goes down smooth mixed with an entirely white population, safety, and actual Canadian identity.

Is AB a have-not province yet?

I'm just fucking with you, I have nothing at all against Ontario. It's just the people in it I dislike.

Best part about other provinces is the low population density.

Ontario best place to make money tho

Who /Edmonton/ here?

Tell me Schlomo, will you retire to Israel after a life spent chasing the dollar?

yes

BC > everything else >>>>>>>>>>> Ontario

Are you going to the gym tomorrow, /can/?

Does the ">" symbol mean something different in Mandarin?

My amazon order is late because of the fire. I'm sick of your shit BC

>i'll never be able to go to any of these places in my lifetime

What is stopping you?

Fuel prices are pretty low right now. You could visit some of them

Canada is literally a fake country, created when Britain was forced to dump a few hardcore cucks (who formed the vast minority of American loyalists) somewhere after the Revolution. Canada has no real identity (DUDE PINEAPPLE PIZZA LMAO) outside of Quebec (which doesn't even want to be a part of Canada). "But that's not fair, Canada has culture!" you say. Very true. The flannel-clad lumberjack, trapping fur and making syrup is a well-known icon world-wide - a QUEBECOIS icon. The only thing close to iconic culture that (Anglo) "Canada" has are the Mounties, and those guys are just gay cowboy police who had to go settle the west because the "Canadians" were too cuckolded and scared to do it themselves. One of Canada's folk heroes is a cop who took away an American cowboy's guns when he tried to go find gold in the Yukon. Can you honestly think of anything more pathetic than that? Great Britain doesn't give a fuck about Canada. Just because you say "Zed" instead of "Zee" doesn't mean they care about you. And why would they? You threw away your British heritage for A FUCKING LEAF and what do you have to show for it? You're a bargain bin America, basically an oversized Vermont. Canada is blessed that they happen to live next to the single most benevolent and peaceful military superpower in Western History. Nobody else would let a pathetic joke like that exist right on their doorstep. And we don't even have to. With NAFTA and the gradual erosion of anything remotely uniquely "Canadian" you're grandchildren will be begging us for annexation. I just hope that my progeny have the good sense to reject it. I wouldn't want this great country bogged down by something as pathetic as """"""""Canada"""""""".

delete this

Anyone else excited about this guy?

i pronounce it zee tb h

I guess senpai, not really following any politics shit tho

I dunno- kind of weary of conservatives after the they muzzled scientists, although I've always been more center leaning. Just pissed Justin didn't enact voter reform.

t. former navy seal

All I know is that if Trudeau wins again I am never defending the idea of democracy ever again

>He defended democracy in the first place

We just need better democracy.

>If we just vote for the right guy everything will surely change for the better!

Jesus- just be glad we have more than 2 parties.

You caught me, I don't support it even right now. People are fucking stupid and politicians are snakes.

Absolute Monarchy is best

Not a monarchist personally tbqh but it's a step in the right direction

Visiting Canada for the first time in less than a week

>Not being a monarchist

I used to be Republican scum a few years ago, but the more I learned about the history and tradition of the monarchy, the more respect I gained for it. It's truly a precious thing and we should do our best to preserve it.

Where you going?

>Not having a constant hardon for 'the king'
R E S P O N S I B L E G O V E R M E N T

What exactly does it mean? Like do you have to send tax payers money to the queen or something? Does she have any power over the country?
Vancouver and a bit farther north to Garibaldi regional park to hike for a couple days.

youtube.com/watch?v=yi1yhp-_x7A&t=1s

>What exactly does it mean?
The Monarchy is a symbol above politics. It's a living, breathing representation of Canada's heritage and tradition. It also provides far more stable government
>Like do you have to send tax payers money to the queen or something?
No, dumb myth. Not a single Canadian penny goes to the Queen. She gets tax dollars from the UK though, but that's the result of a deal King George III made with Parliament in which the government gives the Monarchy a set salary, but in return the government gets all the tax revenues from Royal owned land (or something like that), which is FUCK load more than they have to dish out to the Monarchy. So the UK government actually makes a huge profit off the Royal family
>Does she have any power over the country?
She is the Queen of Canada, so yeah she has powers. You have to understand that the Canadian Crown and British Crown are technically different entities. The UK could drop the Monarchy tomorrow and nothing would change here. She is the Commander of our Armed Forces and the head of the government, in which she can dissolve at any time, all bills passed in parliament also need Royal Assent before they become law. The Queen does not live in Canada, so her roles are delegated to the Governor General.

>Rick Mercer
He's a faggot Republican. ignore that shit

>leaf humor
We should just be one nation desu
>the Governor General
Didn't know that, the queen can just show up and do what she does, interesting but don't really like it.

This is an excellent post. You must be an Atlantic [real] Canadian.

>commander of armed forces
Can she actually make Canada go to war or undermine the prime minister choice to get Canada to get involved in a war?

>i don't really like it

Which is the reason we aren't just one nation desu

What do you guys think of the flood of Haitians invading Quebec?

A bear shitting in the woods right now is more representative of Canada's heritage and tradition than the queen.

We can not declare a war without royal assent. Basically we need Her permission (via the viceregal) to wage war.

>mehmet akkurt

Nah m8. Manitoba.

The Prairies are most Loyalist part of Canada next to the Maritimes

>Can she actually make Canada go to war
Yes Royal prerogative technically allows her to do that. Any declaration of war also has to be approved by the Queen/Governor General so technically she can refuse a PM's request for declaration of war.

It may seem extreme and stupid, but those powers are there as a safeguard in case we ever get a batshit insane government that tries to do something stupid.

Hopefully they all go see their friends in the Northeast and we never hear from them again, as it is now.

Canada has been a monarchy for almost 500 years and a British monarchy for 254 years.

t. someone who thinks Tim Hortons and hockey are the epitome of Canadian heritage

You know nothing, but I can't really blame you. Our education systems are shit and try their best to make us ignorant of our real heritage

I think it's great that we're both sovereign states, our relationship really is a model to the world. We already share military's and have an undefended border, there's really no reason to merge governments.

UG UG
ME CANADAN
UG UG UG
ME HEADBUTT

Thanks for the answers guys. How do you feel about the leaf? Since you love the queen and all wouldn't it be cooler to have some royal sign instead of a leaf?

thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1491404-video-man-back-flips-off-seal-island-bridge-prompting-mixed-reactions

Last time I saw someone do this they got paralysed from the ribs down.

I quite like the aesthetic, simplicity, and recognisability of our flag but you are right in that I would rather have an Ensign of some kind.

I never understand why we couldn't just go half way and have a big leaf AND an ensign. Would have made both sides sorta satisfied at least

Half family's been here since the 1850s, I hardly think they bitched and moaned about the tyranny of responsible government and Canadian nationalism. Our heritage lies with the frontiersmen who made this country.

Stop bullying the leaves