If your language is agglutinating or polysynthetic; post the longest word you can make yourself

If your language is agglutinating or polysynthetic; post the longest word you can make yourself

>Nitamâcikakwênihtâpêyakopîpâskastotinân
>I have begun to try to speak good German really well, myself

Dissected:
Ni-I
ta-present perfect tense
mâci-begin
Kakwê-to try
Nihtâ-to have the ability to do well
Pêyako-myself/only/alone
Pîpâskastotin-german (lit: steel-hat [military helmet] wearer)
ân-conjugates the 'I'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7F0JWhHRa8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kys chink

no u

Any magyars, turks or finns?

bump for g8 thread

ding dong *tongue clicking sounds* ching ching

Tf is that, Orcish?

Genetically croats who adopted a funnougric language.

He is Cree.

monitoring

meervoudigepersoonlijkheidsstoornis
translation:
average poster in the /nederdraad/

zandzeepsodemineraalwatersteenstralen
translation:
to fuck off

>zipzoopsodamineralwaterstonestalling
cool

Norwegian is synthetic, but we don't split words like in English, so words can in theory be infinite just by adding more and more components.

If you take an already long word, such as "hoyesterettsjustitiarius" (basically the supreme court chief justice), and add "opplæringsloven" (educational law), you get the "hoyesterettsjustitiariusopplæringsloven" (the law for educating the supreme court chief justice). You can add "senmiddelalder" (late Middle Ages) to the beginning, and you get the "senmiddelalderhoyesterettsjustitiariusopplæringsloven", or the law for educating the supreme court chief justice during the late Middle Ages. And so on and so on. German has the same system, which gives famously long words such as that law regarding beef or whatever.

I see, in cree we have a base word (that's usually a verb) and we expand off of it with morphemes that contain tense, manner, person, how, why, what, where, when, who, etc..

How does the Norwegian system work when expanding words?

The longest word in Finnish:
>epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydelläänsäkäänköhän
>"The reverse of the reverse of something abstract that is made to be unorganized, which is owned by someone, and is one of the two or more (possibly similar) attributes that have a negative atmosphere or lack of something, and we doupt if it is it at the same time that we ensure that it truly is." (google)

The longest word with consecutive vowels:
>hääyöaie
>wedding night intention.

kumarreksituteskenteleentuvaisehkollaismaisekkuudellisenneskenteluttelemattomammuuksissansakaankopahan

This for whole int

Üstinsanlıştırıcılaştırıveremeyebileceklerimizdenmişsinizcesine

Dutch is not a fucking agglutinating language.
You're just making compound words, which are just as common in English, the only difference is that they use spaces while whe don't.

When Cree invents new words, it's usually (maybe a bit too) desciptive of what the elders see

>we were in the school bus that was in Edmonton
Nikîokiskinohamakosiwiposowinisinânohk-ka-amiskwâciwaskâhikanihk

School bus
okiskinohamakosiwiposowinis

So cool btw that we have a Cree posting on Sup Forums. Are you a full blooded Cree? Tell us more about yourself.

prijestolonasljednikovičičinima

something that belongs to a little wife of the heir to the throne

German is a fusional language to be specific and english is not even synthetic but analytic.
That law is Rinderkennzeichnungs- und Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz, which is actually two words:
Rinderkennzeichnungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz and
Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz, because it deals with two topics related to the prevention of mad cow disease.
It's not the longest real word, that is Grundstücksverkehrsgenehmigungszuständigkeitsübertragungsverordnung

Mostly cree, part irish and icelandic/Norwegian apparently.
Found out i was part Tsimshian when i was 9 when i visited family in north BC. But don't know anything Tsimshian related culturally or linguistically. I usually just say im Nêhiyaw, which is what we call ourselves in Cree
Apparently I have an iroquian relative in the late 1800s kek

Ive been posting on Sup Forums for a couple years here, but haven't really said much "native related" because of how all the threads on the topic of natives here are just circlejerk threads
Also, just didn't think people would care in general.

>How does the Norwegian system work when expanding words?
Sorry for the late reply. It's not like Cree, verbs can't be expanded much upon, instead nouns and adjectives can be written as one word. It's like in English, except the nouns aren't separated by spaces. As you see in my previous example, words such as "senmiddelalderen" is four words in English, "the late Middle Ages". The definite article "the" is included as a suffix (-en), and both the adjectives are prefixes, "sen-" and "middel-". It's as if the English word would be "thelatemiddleages".

So i suppose in Germanic languages, the long words are more like compound-nouns or something. It seems pretty useful when wanting to refer or describe something specific. I wonder why English lost this compounding system, cause English has that rule where all compound words can only be two words long
Im also attempting to learn German, and was kind of taken back at how difficult it might be to learn to read and do compound words like what posted.

How is analytic brainlet compared to agglutinative?
>Using context, intonation, free word play to develop a natural and infinitely expansive grammar layered with implicit meaning
vs
>Dur me put word on word

yes, compound nouns hits it quite well for german, as usually the components get nounified to fit in the word (hence all the "-ung"s, you will also often see -keit and -heit).
mostly the added words are specifying the main word (usually the last component, which also defines the gender).

Rinderkennzeichnungs- und Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz is a law (Gesetz) dealing with the transfer (Übertragung) of the task (Aufgabe) of supervising (Überwachung) both labelling (Etikettierung) of beef (Rindfleisch) and identification (Kennzeichnung) of cattle (Rinder).

The added letters inbetween are just for harmony and inflection, you'll get a feel for it.

Compound words of this length are most common in legal texts, you won't see them often if you're not into that stuff - after all, we are not masochists.
The shorter, more common compound words usually are learned and regarded as a single word, like Flugzeug (flight thing = airplane) or Staubsauger (dust sucker = vacuum cleaner) or Weichei (soft egg = wimp)

I suppose it just depends on what you're used to.
Do you speak any other language than English? If you speak a language with cases you will find declension and suffixes to be very useful.
Isn't it easier to say 'houses' instead of 'several house'? That right there is a form of agglutination within English.

eltöredezettségmentesítőtlenítetthetetlenségtelenítőtlenkedhetnétek

We have 7 cases here but they are still supported by prepositions most of the time. Of all languages I've seen finns, hungarians and turks are the masters of using "cases" to construct truly prepositionless sentences.

>hääyöaie
>wedding night intention

intention to do what?

Muvaffakiyetsizleştiricileştiriveremeyebileceklerimizdenmişsinizcesine

Çoxbilmişlərdənsinizmi?
First what came to mind.
Means "Are you the one who knows a lot?" or something like that

食べなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなくなる

(*´ڡ`●)

DECEARING EGG

"déconstitutionnaliseraient" or "déconstitutionnalisassions", also "diisobutylphénoxyéthoxyéthyldiméthylbenzylammonium", if you're into chemistry.

That's up to you to decide

Teтpaгидpoпиpaнилциклoпeнтилтeтpaгидpoпиpидoпиpидинoвыe

몰랐겠으면서도
mollatgesseumyeonseodo
mol-lat-gess-eu-myeon-seo-do
it means something like "even while you wouldn't have known"
there's probably some longer ones but this is what i can think of right now,

korean has extremely long nouns too for things like names but it's kind of cheating because like german they just put all the words into one instead of spacing them out when it's essentially the same thing

Megszentségteleníthetetlenségeskedéseitekért
means:
For your [plural] continued undesecratable behaviour

fuck me amirite

>Pîpâskastotin-german (lit: steel-hat [military helmet] wearer)
Still the funniest thing ITT

Pronunciation of the longest word in English youtube.com/watch?v=7F0JWhHRa8s

Fug :DD

Benis in bagina xDDD