/éire/

Too intelligent edition

These editions are getting more and more abstract.

can't tell if nazi uniform

Irish girls were a mistake

We know. No need to remind us.

>never played a GTA before V
>games are too aged to go back

guess I missed out

IV wasn't great if it's any consolation.

>games are too aged to go back

pleb attitude

>tfw just got my lease application approved and moving to Ballymun, Dublin in September to start a new life in the Republic of Ireland!

I finally got my dream job you guys! I can't fucking wait to move to Ireland! Any of you lads want to meet up at the pub for a pint of guinness next month? I'm gonna be a Mick!

Some games exist in their own style and age fine, others just iterate constantly to a point where another game exists like it but is superior in every way.
I'd play an old Final Fantasy but not an old GTA.

>Ballymun

You are aware that's knacker central and an extremely dangerous area?

The settings, characters and stories are different in each GTA, though, so why not?

>Ballymun, Dublin

San Andreas and V are set in the same place are they not?
GTA is about the sandbox aspect to me, I don't think the plot or the characters are strong enough to hold up on their own.

Vice City is my favourite because of the characters, aesthetic, humour and soundtrack but even I can admit, the shooting and driving is wishy-washy

>ancient anime
>ancient games

>ancient memes
It's time for a fresh shtick

women in tindr are so dumb
>takes pictures with other women so you aren't quite sure wich one it is
>shows herself drinking or showing a big bottle "Look at how crazy I am, I get drunk every weekend, what a crazy thing to do!"
>uses the stupid app that puts a dog mouth or ears or whatever on her because she is a real dog of a woman
>uses 300 filters so you can barely even see her

STOP BEING 12

Sounds like you just discovered women

GTA 4 isn't aged at all, graphics are pretty much GTA V but lower res.
As far as mechanics go, the most evolved ones in a pre-HD era game are San Andreas, wich also has a primitive community-made online (MTA or SAMP)
i didnt expect THAT MANY to be this dumb
if i had a choice in the matter, id only choose a woman that is "normal", and doesnt wear tons of make up

>goes on Tinder
>is surprised by the presence of stupid women

>stupid women on tinder
So where are the good women located?

Hooked up with their childhood sweetheart, you're too late.

in the land of 2D

>Hooked up with their childhood sweetheart
Perhaps they could be stolen away?

This is the only right answer.

>page 6

Obviously we're all in hibernation until the match.

anyone else dislike conventional FPS games?

>Live coverage of Tyrone v Armagh and Dublin v Monaghan on Sky Sports from 1530
>Sky Sports
This has to stop. How much money are they even making from this?

>anyone else dislike conventional FPS games?
Seeing as everyone here appears to prefer ancient anime and games, I assume they all dislike modern FPS games as well.

But the Hurling isn't until tomorrow.

Define "conventional". I used to be a huge Halo fan. I've also played my fair share of Battlefield (Best: BC2) and CoD (Best: MW3) over the years. The only FPS I've touched in the past year and half would be Overwatch though, and I don't even play that all too often.

>3 British teams on a British channel
Only Monaghan fans should feel aggrieved.

>talking shit about Tír Eoghain

Generally yes, I don't really care for military or space settings so I don't find them very interesting. TF2 and Overwatch were probably the only ones I enjoyed and they definitely wouldn't be considered conventional FPS games.
I generally like 3rd person shooters a lot more since they have more original and interesting settings.

conventional as in generic "modern warfare" pseudo-realistic garbage or "tactical" repetitive garbage like Counter-Strike where 90% of the game is holding angles and reaction time

Everything is garbage, eh?

>Best: MW3
>

>"tactical" repetitive garbage
Lots of games could be considered repetitive garbage. DOTA, PUBG, Rocket League and so on.
Not a huge fan of CS, mainly because I'm shit, but I don't really have a problem with it others enjoying it.

>Best: MW3
It's a subjective best. I didn't play much of MW1 online due to shit internet at the time, and I didn't like the MW2 meta online. MW3 was the one I played the most and it just seemed to click for me (I also enjoyed the MW3 campaign)

counter-strike hasn't evolved in the past 20 years whatsoever. it will always be the "react fast and click heads" simplistic garbage. dont even have any movement skill required, unless you count switching to knife to run faster "skill" somehow.
normies have shit taste in general

Why are you bitching about CS as if /éire/ is some sort of bastion of CS players - I think we have 1 max. You're preaching (rather aggressively) to the choir.

>normies have shit taste in general
Bit rich coming from somebody who uses Tinder.

>normies have shit taste in general
Goes without saying. The most popular form in every media is simplistic dogshit.

>The Walking Dead
>Marvel movies
>Drake

CoD and CS are for the same audience.

Don't games like Fifa and Madden.

*Don't forget

There is more to CS than fast reactions. You need to be able to aim, know the maps, know the spray patterns for weapons and so on.
Too autistic for my liking but it certainly does require some sort of skill to be able to play.

I missed MW1 also, but really got into MW2 online. Black Ops was also pretty good, and probably my favourite, but by the time MW3 came out I was tired of the series, especially seeing as they did little to innovate from MW2.

>same audience.
pretty much. Depends on what they are introduced to first. a few like both too. i know some csgofag that starts disliking a game if it gives any fast movement options, as if making the game faster and fun is a bad thing

ive played CS for over 500 hours. yes you need to "know" the maps, wich takes like 5-10 minutes tops and they even give you a minimap.
>spray pattern
nobody should hold down the trigger that long. only Novas and below do it. it makes more sense to do small taps aiming for the head than holding down the trigger and aiming down to compensate recoil, and recoil isnt even that complex to begin with.

So basically what you are saying is I can spend 5 minutes learning a map, then join a game and become an instant pro?

>ive played CS for over 500 hours
>everyone who plays CS is some normie autist with shit taste

do you seriously need more than 5 minutes to learn the basic layout of a not-so-big map? do you need to memorize every detail of a road to ride a bike on it ?
if you can play CSGO decently you can do well in any map. there are usually only 3 main chokepoints in all maps. knowing those is enough for the most part.

>anything that isn't anime is too abstract
Interesting. McLuhan divided media into "hot" and "cold" based on how much information each conveyed, and he put cartoons lowest in temperature of anything visual.

If you want to be really good you'd have to learn all the ins and outs of each map. Where to throw smoke, where to bounce flashes etc.

What on earth are you talking about?

Never got into any other than Bad Company 2, and that had a very heavy emphasis on teamwork and near-uncampable maps (most of them anyway), so I wouldn't say it's "conventional", especially compared to 3 (and 4 presumably - never got into that).

>>takes pictures with other women so you aren't quite sure wich one it is
They travel in herds.

>especially compared to 3 (and 4 presumably - never got into that).
I've played both BF3 and BF4, and neither came close to BC2 in terms of enjoyment.

Finally got Rocket League, lads

Shall I send you on the Steam cabal visa application?

>ive played CS for over 500 hours
>plays 500 hours of a game he hates
Really stimulates the neurons.

sure, but you can learn that as you play, what are you trying to say?
if you are good naturally you can be better than 90% of the playerbase without having to learn specific smoke spots or shit like that. its all about knowing a few chokepoints and holding them. thats the game.

An old nu-eire nordlad used to post this copypasta about how anime was autism because the faces were all drawn very simplistically in terms of facial features and bright and overemphasised usually, and a book I'm reading at the minute which has media as its subject basically said that there's two levels of information density in media: "hot" or information-dense and passive, or "cool" and information-shallow and participatory, and he put cartoons as the "coolest" visual medium, which aligns with what the copypasta was saying about how weebs identified with or associated depth with their characters much more than the bare level of "sola scriptura" could allow.
That said, it's not all negative. He put conversation as a "cool" medium too, and much of what he said about "cool" media is applicable to other parts of society, especially this heavily male internet sphere. Memes would be "ideographs" probably.

I remember having this conversation months ago.

It's surprisingly a common, a lot of games like that are designed around creating an addiction cycle for the player so many continue playing the game long after they've gotten bored of it but are unable to break the cycle. So by the time they finally drop it they've wasted so many hours on something they hate so harbour a strong resentment for it.
It's similar for ex-WoW or moba players too.

I don't think they match with his claims at all. The goal of cartoons, anime or drawings in general are to entertain, not to inform.

World of fucking Tanks. Probably blew the price of a full game on it.

And how would they entertain without information being transmitted? Even a soccer match requires you to have the information of the score to enjoy it.

>a soccer match requires you to have the information of the score to enjoy it
Oh look it's nil all again. What an exciting game.

Not sure if I would put WoW in the same category as CS and Dota.

got a repeat in two weeks
cannae be fucked to study

>cannae
Scots out.

What's on the agenda for today lads?

Isn't the purpose of hot media to give an objective account of events? To show the user something and not require imagination or interpretation i.e. with the goal to inform?
Is there an example of creative media designed for entertainment which is also considered hot?

People drawn to cool media are surely more likely to be creative types with a vivid imagination who like involvement in their media rather than robotic autists who need to be spoonfed emotion to get involved?

yup. CSGO and MOBAs aren't even that "fun". They are satisfying and might be fun when you crush the opposition, but when you lose they are completely horrendous. And I've seen many people that don't really have fun at all playing CSGO but they still play full of negativity and frustration. It really sucks the fun out of the rest of the team to have someone like that on voicechat.

I think the loot system especially and the way raid lockouts work are specifically designed to keep you playing week after week.
It's in the same category in terms of demanding 10 hours a day but it definitely tries create similar sort of urges in terms of daily and weekly goals which need to be completed within a timeframe to avoid falling behind the curve.

Read the book if you'd like answers to those.
But to answer the first question, no, I think the book is discussing media independent of "content". "The Medium is the Message" is the takeaway catchphrase from it, but I think it's slightly overplaying its hand.
A "hot" medium would be a blaring TV infomercial, but a "cool" medium by comparison could be an academic lecture.

>People drawn to cool media are surely more likely to be creative types with a vivid imagination who like involvement in their media rather than robotic autists who need to be spoonfed emotion to get involved?
More or less, actually. The "autism" acronym has some truth to it desu.

Craving that pass lads. Don't know how many times I've typed the captcha wrong today.

>when you lose they are completely horrendous
Surely the same with any other competitive game. Though even in CS and other games losing can be somewhat bearable as long as it was a close competition, full of great plays and tense clutches.

For real? How old are you? That's pathetic.
I've been playing GTA since the very first one came out in 1997.
You missed out on one the biggest revolution of gaming at the time.
GTA IV and GTA V are nowhere near as fun or entertaining as the Renderware engine ones.
You should just shoot yourself desu. Don't think I could live with myself.
IV was terrible. Worst of the entire series.

GTA 3, vice city, and san andreass still have fairly decent commuities going, and you have SAMP too.
Christ I hate kids these days.

>You should just shoot yourself for not playing games I've played
Hi AA.

>Don't know how many times I've typed the captcha wrong today.
How is this even possible?
I never understood people who hate games yet continue to put hundreds of hours into it. It's like their brain has stopped functioning.
If I dislike I game, I never play it again. Simple.
Anyone who grew up playing CS1.6 and CSS will know CS:GO is a bad game.
Most of you don't even know how to play the community games either it seems.

Morning. Are you ready for your daily dose of condescending and rude comments? I am.
I didn't sleep until like 6am. I can never sleep after drinking alcohol so I downed 2 bars of xanax. Took another 2 hours for those to even touch me. Annoyed me a lot. Nearly downed another because of how slow they reacted.

I was under 18 when the PS2 games released, my parents being the concerned types wouldn't buy for it and I was discouraged when I tried to buy one of them once from Xtra Vision and was refused for being too young.
I played bits and pieces of them at friends houses but that was about it. I know I missed out, I can live with that. Not going to shoot myself.

>ITT: old salty dogs get triggered that people dont share their opinions instead of discussing them like normal people
you are assuming i somehow installed and started playing a game that i hated.
i stopped playing when i started disliking the game.
>CSGO is worse than CS1.6 and CSS
How? its just a remaster. ive played cs1.6 for a while, the main concept is the same, the main maps are the same.
>muh slight changes and meaningless details

How about I shoot you?
Oh not you. I just know so many people who continue to hate various games yet drone hundreds of hours into them.
I know a couple people I've played games with CSGO, h1z1, pubg etc and they just seem incapable of enjoying themselves.
Everything is the games fault. They rage constnatly. They'll never take responsibility and inevitably rage quit after an hour or two and go on to rant how the game is terrible and devs are idiots. When really all of it was just you getting shot fair and square in a skirmish, or somebody else got the jump on us.
>CSGO is worse than CS1.6 and CSS
I dislike the different mechanics. The community has become so saturated with horrible people. The pre match making games modes are miserable.
I still play csgo and css community game modes. They're always a lot of fun.

tldr have fun playing games.

>ITT: old salty dogs get triggered that people dont share their opinions instead of discussing them like normal people
You're the one that started it all by branding entire genres of games "garbage". Stop stirring shit.

>How about I shoot you?
For the crime of not playing 18 rated games as a child?

Yeah sure.

>have fun playing games
I refuse.

No really. I have a disdain against all large video game communities. It's nothing but non stop whinge and moan.
Even if the game glitches and fucks up and kills me I will just say "oh well that was stupid lmao" and try again.
>Random alpha early access game has a couple glitches.
People go nuts and scream at the devs on reddit or some shit and demand 100000 differen't things get implemented, which falls on deaf ears most of the time.

Another example. Look at the private WoW community. The community itself destroys it from the inside out with their made up drama and whinging. Even the best servers we have ever had constantly battle random attempts at destroying them from the playerbase because they're unhappy some gm banned a dickhead nobody cares about.

The other day I played tf2 for the first time in 7 years. They have competitive now and I was playing it. Doing pretty okay at it too. I'm scoot pro.
The two teams were just non stop arguing. Being proper mad
>You're fucking shit, scrubs, wow l2p, we're gonna rape you, etc.
I like to just hop in and say
>I just to have fun gl.

Everytime I say something like that I get 1 or 2 who agree with me or who just insult and laugh at me. lol.

>lol
This thread is getting more Sup Forums by the minute.

In recent years I've started saying lol, lmao, rofl, and spelling things like you, as "u".
I don't know why.

Anybody got that picture of Chihaya Kisaragi with the blank facial expression saying "lol"? I deleted it.

delet this

Comfy day in Castletroy lads

I love how you proclaim yourself above the pettiness and bickering of gaming communities after earlier declaring someone should shoot themselves because they didn't play the same games as you.

I'll be sure to let Super Valu know you're in town again after your antics previously.

That was like 4 years ago, I've been good since then. Besides, they seem to be ok with like twelve 15 year olds drinking Bulmers in their car parks in day light

Yes I was being very serious. Here's a gun for you, you better use it because once I become leader of this country you won't enjoy what kind of death I have in store for people like you.
Which I'm very serious about by the way. Watch yourself.
What's there? On google maps it looks like a housing estate

Are you going out anywhere nice or joining the Bulmers kids in the car park?

>In recent years I've started saying lol, lmao, rofl, and spelling things like you, as "u".
You should stop that - for your own good.

>They rage constnatly. They'll never take responsibility and inevitably rage quit after an hour or two and go on to rant how the game is terrible and devs are idiots. When really all of it was just you getting shot fair and square in a skirmish, or somebody else got the jump on us.
yeah i dislike that kind of people aswell. well, sometimes they would rather blame the game than the teammates, but when its constant whining and negativity its just idiotic, like, stop playing !
i think one of the reason i stuck to TF2 is that people tend to be more chill and losing doesnt feel so hopeless and bad, even against good competitive players.
i almost quit when they forced in that "matchmaking" garbage that almost killed community servers but theres still a few around, and 6v6 is pretty much untouched by that shit

Reminder that boatposting will outlive the Cardcaptor meme.

>boatposting will outlive the Cardcaptor meme
Most intelligent thing I've heard all afternoon.

Satellite suburb like 20 minute walk from the city, lots of estates, shops, chippers and a couple of pubs. Close to UL as well. comfiest spot in Ireland. Not even knackers ruin it
Gonna cabbage out today, cat sitting my bro's cat, debating going for like 3 lonely old man pints later and then cans for tonight
What posting?