Why didn't any European Empires conquer these micro states?

Why didn't any European Empires conquer these micro states?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seborga#Principality_of_Seborga
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because we are respectful for those little countries and we are not barbarians

>implying napoleon didnt

For the Vatican it's obvious but for the rest I have no idea

Stay away from us

I'd like to keep Andorra around

It's on my short list for relocation if things get too messy...IE "countries without extradition treaties" with the US

The Vatican is the HQ for the Jesuits to operate under their own authority. The Rothschild family use them to their advantage to maintain control.

ok poland

They gave them autonomy for some exchange, the neo-libs then started to use them as tax-havens.
10/10 would invade.

you couldn't even invade your bedroom occupied by syrians

Monaco is de facto a french protectorate

Euros fear the micro warrior

Vatican because God n shiet.
San Marino probably to not break their record of oldest republic in the world.
The rest dunno

Andorra was created to stop wars against the frenchies.

san marino holds more nuclear weapons than russia and the US combined
stay woke

>forgetting the most important one
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seborga#Principality_of_Seborga

Liechtenstein pulled out of the reunification of Germany last moment and the Germans usually didn't want to invade them or they had bigger enemies already.

>Indonesia

I think San Marino soldiers fought side by side with Garibaldi in one of his wars and then he granted them independence as gratitude

A lot other microstates don't exist anymore (such as Orange, because of France) and Vatican City (Papal States) was conquered by Italy.

Vatican City is an independent state though
No, but they offered him asylum

t. little country that has been constantly disrespected by other europeans since its inception

(you)

WTF I'm European now.

Yes, but it's not what it has been.

imagine putting the effort into conquering small areas like that when you're surrounded by rivals and enemies

Too far from Russia((((((((

Right now the EU is crafting a uniform association agreement with all of these states except the Vatican to pull them closer to the union.

The Vatican was initially annexed by Italy but Mussolini decided to give them the area inside the Vatican walls to end the controversy between Italy and th Church. The Pope actually wanted a larger area, to have at least a port, effectively splitting Rome between two states.

AFAIK Pius XI was the one to propose the current minuscule size, because he didn't want to deal with governing an actual state, it was the one before him that wanted sea access

Most micro states depend a lot on the bigger states around them anyway. For example, Andorra is a diarchy headed by two Co-Princes – the Catholic Bishop of Urgell in Spain, and the President of France.

Vatican exists as a state only so that other Catholics don't chimp out that their ruler lives in Italy

San Marino hosted savoyarde-piemonteis armies during the unification that's why