Moving to EU

Hey guys, I made a thread about moving to spain yesterday but I fell asleep and it got archived. Anyways, I realized that it takes 10 years to become a spanish citizen. I am an american, although I am white, blonde hair, blue eyes, etc, I don't have a single non american ancestor since before the turn of the last century. I am only 18, but I have over $8000 saved up from working shitty entry-level and construction jobs, and I am content to continue working those kind of jobs as all I need is money to eat and pay rent. The reason I wanted to move to spain is because the only languages I speak are english and spanish, so it was the only mainland european country that was truly accessible to me. Now I realize that I will have to learn another language, which is fine by me, it will just take some extra work.
Now, Sup Forums, I ask you: What are some of the easiest countries to obtain EU citizenship that I would be able to move to with the money I have, and get basic employment? Bonus if university is cheap, as I may end up going to college if I find I have enough funds left over. Pls help. I know the grass isn't greener, but damn I just wanna get out of the US.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/IWantOut/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>but I fell asleep and it got archived
welcome aboard

you probably have nigger ancestry, stay where you are

this but if you arr asian then come home yellow man

Oh hey another Burger that wants to go to the EU. I thought I was the only one making these types of threads here recently. I hear that Belgium only needs three years of permanent residency in order to apply for citizenship.

I'm 18 and will move to Finland very soon. I'm doing it to study, but part of the reason is also that it's a country that's very easy to gain citizenship to. It can potentially take as little as two years. Denmark is the same, so I might move there next, after I finish university. After that, I plan on moving to Iceland. Citizenship there takes a bit longer, at least 4 years I think.

I'm already an EU citizen, so that's not why I'm doing it. I just want to become a citizen in those countries. And also Sweden might leave the Eu, so it's an added bonus to have danish and finish citizenship in that case.

The thing is... you need to spend years as a temporary resident before applying for a PR, unless you apply directly for immigrating. Then you'll get permanent residency from the moment you'll set foot on whichever EU country you chose.

You could check if you can obtain from your ancestors any South American country's citizenship (former Spanish or Portuguese colony).
Depending on which South American country it is, you'll be able to register as a Spanish citizen after 2 years in Spain or as a Portuguese citizen after a few month in Portugal (provided you speak Portuguese).

reddit.com/r/IWantOut/
You should have a look at the link above OP, you'll probably get more help there then here

Thanks for the info lad, but I only speak spanish because I taught it to myself as a kiddo so i could shitpost int /lat/ and drive around mexico. I don't have any latino/hispanic ancestors.
I am trusting you my dude. First intentionally using reddit in years, pls pray for me.

The thing is that people usually think about obtaining the nationality/citizenship as the closest finality, when they should think about obtaining the proper visa (and get a job or study) to have the right to remain in the country.
Then, they can become a citizen of the country they live in or just renew the visa when needed, but what matters is to have the right to remain in the country.
Try to find a job in Spain (the company will arrange your visa) or get a student visa, and see how it goes. Good luck.

Getting a job here is easy. You can apply for any vacancy that has been open for 3 months.
Both you and the employer need to sign a form to get you in and that's it.
If you stay here for 5 years you can get Dutch citizenship.

As an American Dutch universities are expensive, like 9000 euros a year.
When you become a Dutch citizen it costs about 2000 euros a year.

It's perfectly fine to start with university at 23-26. A lot of people do it.

To add. You could also go study in a country with cheap university for Americans, like Austria. And take that route.

Have you ever thought about moving somewhere else in the U.S? It's a big country my man, LA to NYC is the same distance as Lisbon to Moscow. Are you sure there's no place anywhere between NYC and LA that you'd like to live?

Time to go to Kansas.

I just need a change of scenery, a change of culture. I understand that the US is a big country, I've driven around many parts of it, experienced a variety of cheap motels and wonderful national forests, but damn I need a change. Living in europe will also open up many travel oppurtunities for me.

Have you ever thought about Latin America? Costa Rica would be a much bigger change of scenery than Europe and probably much easier to migrate. It's very safe, the climate is wonderful and the people would be welcoming. You could also try Argentina which has a strong Old-world feel to it. It's the closest you'll get to Europe without actually going there. Chile/Uruguay also apply.

ITT: chicanos that looked at the drug cartel boss' gf and now need to flee the country

Honestly I have definitely considered latin america, but I found europe appealing because I can more easily travel to the middle east, eurasia, and north africa, which are all places I really want to explore for some reason.

Also I'm not a fucking chi I just speak spanish so I can talk to qts in mexico.

Isn't half your population living abroad lol. Like anyone would purposefully go to Poland.

if you work enough time, learn the languague tyou can ask for nationality after a period of time, i think it 5 years, of course you have to prove you that you integrate during that time (work, learning the languague ...) or you can marry a french citizen

Are you prepared to undergo the mental trauma caused by having to pronounce the z and the c correctly, OP?

>wants to be spanish
>goes to siesta

youll fit right in

>Living in europe will also open up many travel oppurtunities for me
what about UK?

I cant get an eu passport there senpai.

criminally underrated

In Belgium it only takes 3 years of naturalization to become a citizen IIRC but they migh have changed the laws recently.

Do you have the citizenship of a Latin American country through your parents? This shortens the period of naturalization in Spain drastically.

Do you have any Irish or Italian grand parents? Or some from the Baltic states or Jews from former German territory would be good enough.

Why dont you check "becas"? You could go anywhere as a student if you play your cards well enough. In German is called stipendium or something like that.

Government pays for you to study somewhere. You use that time to study and work while making time to apply for citycenship.

Sorry to break it to you but college is not as affordable as it is in Germany and Scandinavia, especially not in Anglo countries.

Also not all governments have as generous stipendium or student grants as we might. America has all that student debt, after all. And yes, in some places simply attending the school could be very expensive.