Does a more perfect show exist? What went so right when everything that came before and after it were so shit?

Does a more perfect show exist? What went so right when everything that came before and after it were so shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4hdiuRMK3UQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hdQcGzbpN7s
youtube.com/watch?v=3P4IlgtwHmA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

found our new trek general

what is this crooked ass ship?

Captain. I recommend a full spread of torpedoes!

Take a lap, Worf.

I just started watching Enterprise. I've gotten through the first 5 episodes and I'm dying. It's so boring and poorly written. Please tell me it improves (or at least doesn't get worse).

belay that order mr. worf...this thread looks shite and interesting.

Fuck off with your retarded autistic shows, nerd, Sup Forumseddit is the other way

I like everything about Wrath of Khan except for the final battle sequence.

This genetically-enhanced human, superior in all ways to regular humans (so much so that a handful of them beat billions of other humans in a ultra-violent struggle, which caused humanity to regressively outlaw the use of genetic enhancement for centuries to come) got his ass handed to him because "he thinks two-dimensionally".

That's kinda weak.

there's only one reason to watch enterprise

First couple seasons have at best a few good ones. Season 3, the Xindi shit, is a complete waste. Season 4 has some promise, and then it ends terribly.

Anything with Andorians is pretty good though.

He spent his whole life living planetside. Not so crazy.

If you could launch your own Star Trek series how would you do it, who would you cast, etc? Open question to everyone ITT

If Brent Spiner wasn't too old, I'd have it be Captain Data of Enterprise, which is canonical to boot.

The cheap, out of place T and A was a big reason why shitterprise sucked.

Hummm..

absolutely would watch, even if it was shit

Another detail to consider: Who would you hire as writers or what sources would you draw plot inspirations from?

The awful early 2000s fan-service is a part of a larger problem I have with Enterprise so far. Everything is filler. Nothing is happening for minutes at a time. The characters feel more hollow than Voyager's by a mile and yet they still find time to meander about like assholes.

You can tell they had a lot of fun with Ferengi episodes.

The TNG Ferengi were terrible, but my god was the portrayal of Ferengi in DS9 amazing.

Ferengi eps are a big part of what I love about DS9

DS9 just satisfied alot for me when it came to fleshing out other species and non-federation members too

Doing it wrong

The correct way to watch enterprise is to watch the first and last episode of season 1 and 2. Then all of season 3 and 4.

youtube.com/watch?v=4hdiuRMK3UQ

youtube.com/watch?v=hdQcGzbpN7s

TOP TIER

top comf

It's a dull and boring movie with an incredibly poorly thought out plot, like everything TOS related.

Kid. It's the only good Star Trek movie.

Ok First Contact was watchable.

>that time Quark was almost gay for a feemale Ferengi in disguise as a male

Something like this

youtube.com/watch?v=3P4IlgtwHmA

Hey man, Voyage Home was great.

Funnily enough, I preferred Space Seed Khan to Wrath of Khan Khan.
He was much more cultured, sophisticated, multi-faceted and nuanced than his film counterpart who was solely focused on revenge.

Isn't that kind of the point?

He got confused when a 'guy' kissed him.
Wouldn't really call it gay.

Shhhh

That doesn't matter

>solely focused on revenge.
this describes all 7000 pages of moby dick, quite similar to wrath of khan actually

the moar you know:

>The test version of the film, though, omitted the final coffin-on-the-rejuvinating-planet scene. Various sources, including Wikipedia, explain that Leonard Nimoy had initially agreed to reprise his role as Mr. Spock in TWOK only because his character would finally be killed. But, as the filming was coming to a close, Nimoy had enjoyed the making of the movie so much, he wanted to allow for Spock’s return if they so chose. So, the scene of Spock mind melding with Dr. McCoy (DeForest Kelley) was added, but the initial cut of the movie still ended in a way that appeared to make Spock’s death final. Only after test audiences reacted poorly to seeing the icon’s death did producer Harve Bennett add the final scene showing Spock’s coffin on the rejuvenating planet with Nimoy’s voiceover of the traditional Star Trek series opening monologue.

>The director, Nicholas Myer objected to the changes but allowed them. According to his director’s commentary on the video, he believed it was cheating to change the finality of the death scene (and having no interest in a resurrection story, he declined an offer to direct Star Trek III: The Search for Spock). In the commentary, he explains that as the movie was being finalized, producers realized that they might want to continue the series.

Captain Ahab wasn't a genetically augmented super human previously characterized as incredibly intelligent.

I recommend gratuitous amounts of alcohol.

I wonder what the actress actually looked like under that horrific ferengi makeup.

Anything that would have been post DS9/Voy.

I'm not at all pleased with this prequel, midquel, whatthefuckever shit they're going with.

>get stuck on ok-turned-hellish wasteland planet
>everyone you love and care about starts to get killed one by one by brain-piercing demon insects
>this goes on for years
>you're starting to get a bit cranky, cooped up in your tiny habitable container with 15 other people

how could he NOT have gone mad with desire for revenge?

>Season 3, the Xindi shit, is a complete waste

The Xindi arc is one of the very few redeeming aspects of Enterprise.

I don't know how you could be so wrong.

>how could he NOT have gone mad with desire for revenge?

By being a superhuman.

Not to mention that anyone with a brain could work out that Kirk had good intentions in Space Seed. He gave Khan and his people a second chance on a new planet. Khan knew this.

Assuming that Kirk intended everything to go horribly wrong is such a gross misinterpretation of events that only an idiot would come to that conclusion. The intelligent and charismatic man depicted in Space Seed would not hold a personable vendetta against Kirk. He would be more likely to start another Eugenics War. Maybe he would have to confront Kirk again and offer him and his crew their own second chance.

But going full retard like in the movie is a waste of his character.

Nah I'm right. It makes no goddamned sense, has like two interesting episodes, and completely derails everything else the show had going for it. And then it ends, and Nazi Aliens all of a sudden. Just wrong.

>computer, create 1 million copies of the Bear Jew
>create pre-pubescent Hitler
>disengage safery protocols

Enterprise is the best trek series since DS9

That's a low bar. It's also quite arguable.

Outside of some of the early writing/acting I like what it tried to do, it does a lot better job than voyager

>"How thoughtless of me not to consider the effects the destruction of my homeworld would have on your business. These MUST be trying times. Be brave!"
>all of that completely flying over Quark's head
why were DS9 characters so great?

>this describes all 7000 pages of moby dick
N O
O

It's a serialized, adrenaline rush filled with high-concept storylines that completely 180s the previous two seasons' uninspired and non-committal stand alone episodes with the occasional temporal cold war storyline. They never dug into that latter part for whatever reason.

If it "made no goddamned sense" to you, sounds like that's not the fault of the writers but of your inability to follow a rather easily laid out idea: find the attackers and put an end to their plans to destroy Earth. The ending didn't exist until after the season was over because Braga thought it was going to be cancelled so he didn't write one. It's why the finale leaves us hanging. So it turned out that Xindi arc along with Braga's open ended finale saved the show.

I'm replying to you also on the assumption that you're not just looking for replies because there is at least 4-5 episodes that are at the heart of Star Trek and highly entertaining from this season.

>completely derails everything else the show had going for it

Sorry, wrong again. The temporal cold war arc was 1/2 of the underlying current of the first two seasons. It was a part of the Xindi arc. The other half was forcing a lot of TOS era storylines. If anything, it actually put the train on a continuous track per your derails wording as opposed to hopping around from Andorrians to the future cops to mediocre TOS era stuff to stand-alone back to the temporal cold war. They were also still trying to figure out most of the characters including Archer.

I don't mind you saying Enterprise sucks just don't tell me the shittiest parts of it were better than the most entertaining.

Jesus christ are you just pissed because you wrote the ad copy for it or something? They brought in FIVE new alien species, and then proceeded to make them the most one-dimensional bullshit worse than any of the other races have ever been. They would have been way better off writing a cohesive story arc with existing canon, as Season 4 proved. And it made sense? Really? If they didn't send the first weapon then they would have easily destroyed Earth without anyone ever knowing what the hell a "Xindi" is. How does that fucking make sense?

>Denied Mr. Worf. Mr. Data, get us out of here!
>I'm trying, sir. We're at warp 9
>Why aren't we moving?
>there's something preventing the engine from forming a subspace field, captain.
>Open a hailing frequency
>Sir--!
>Not now Mr. Worf! Mr. Crusher...
>They're not responding to our hails, sir. They're powering up weapons.
>Shields up. Red Alert! Weapons status?
>They're firepower is comparable to ours, sir, recommend we--
>Save your recommendations, Worf.
>They're weapons are powering down, sir.
>Looks like we've got a mexican standoff.
>Right you are, number one.
>Sir, they're hailing us.
>Onscreen.

Got a little carried away there.

Can they really be worse than the fucking Kazon?

Hey I'm not saying shit about the Kazon. I don't give a single fuck about the Kazon, and every time I watch Voyager I just can't get over how stupid and self-contradictory it is. Still, at least I GIVE A FUCK about Voyager. Enterprise deserved to get shitcanned and I wasn't even mad.

>They brought in FIVE new alien species, and then proceeded to make them the most one-dimensional bullshit worse than any of the other races have ever been.

This is just your opinion and you're entitled to it. I personally liked the Xindi. This is another reason why Brannon Braga wasn't always the bad guy because occasionally his concepts worked. The Xindi at the bare minimum were a successful race to be used by the Sphere-Builders because they weren't solidified. The sloth like race, the humans, and the aquatic, at least, were far better than countless one off species we saw from TNG.

If anything 1/3 of the season was definitely good Trek. We had Impulse, Similitude, Damage, Azati Prime, The Shipment, E2, and the one with the test pilot sphere builder which seems to evade me right now. I can only think of 2-3 that would be considered bad and not just mediocre.

Like I said, I get why some people don't like Enterprise, but to say that season 3 is worse than what came before doesn't make sense to me. The first season and most of the second were so bad they had to do something like the Xindi arc just to keep the show from getting cancelled.

Oh, and the original weapon iirc had to be sent early but I forget what the reason for this was (something to do with Kemocite I think). They had very little time to set the season up so if anything they can be forgiven for that. The episode where Archer and Sato turn into frogs can't.

I felt my ridges burning as I read this post.

Is there a list of TNG episodes that are boring enough to fall asleep to and not engaging enough to keep you awake?

>using "They're" exclusively

what is wrong with you

Enterprise is garbage.

>not accepting the next evolution of the english language

>pastel pink and blue backdrop
>"formal" leather jacket
>forelocks
IT'S
SO 90S