What does a "producer" actually do?

What does a "producer" actually do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k06lLDDe-b4
youtube.com/watch?v=XFs5rDGU6Dc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Produces.

Fucks the director's wife while he watches

Keeps all the artists from getting too fartsy and actually getting shit done on time.

Literally just a guy who knows a lot of people

He supplies the movie with the actors and offers contracts

spend money

BRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

A supervisor then?

Negotiates with the Jews/Is a Jew

So, a guy who makes the director happy?

give money

Disclaimer, I havent looked into it, but my instinct tells me:

Sometimes they are just the people that front the cash for the project

A lot of the time they are the ones in charge of putting together a team for a project

May have some heavy involvement in the creative process of making a film, and or overlooking the creation of the script...or no involvement at all

Sometimes act as supervisors for some or all aspects of the project

Some or none of this may be accurate. I think Producer is a pretty general description and may vary widely from project to project

This

this
youtube.com/watch?v=k06lLDDe-b4
check out the producers at the end just staring at their cell phone not giving a shit at all about the artistic process.

>refreshes Sup Forums every 30 seconds
>finally see's an image of a female bottom
>nearly breaks weak finger clicking on thread
>holds his breath scrolling down praying he will be the first
>BRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAP
>creams pajama pants, confirms to himself he is on the cutting edge of the internet
>repeat

You did it man I'm jealous

producer hires the director, so in layman's terms its: Executive producer is the guy with the cash, producer is the guy who puts the whole shit show together and makes it happen. Basically THE BOSS. The director is the creative boss, but not boss-boss (unless he's a producer too)

All producers do is put up the shekels to make the movie and they get their say in how the movie will turn out. So they're pretty much the middle man without really doing anything

Perfect example is this rich Jewish dyke

she looks good

it's actually pretty admirable if you think about it

Many different things.

Traditionally he is like the "manager" of the production.

He handles the nuts and bolts of managing the production and money.

But there are many different types.

A "line producer" for instance is literally the dude who oversees the day to day finances - People getting paid, bills getting paid, reporting back to the financiers or main producer how all the finances are going.

An executive producer can simply be a guy who introduced the main producer and his team to someone at the studio to get the project noticed.

Someone like Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer would basically come up with an idea, seek out a team of writers to give them a script, hire a director to give them the style they wanted and cast the film and stick their noses in every aspect.

Others like Christine Vachon (I think that's how it is spelled) works with indie directors in New York. She basically takes their projects to financiers, gets the money, and helps sell the film to distributors and manages the financial side of the production - probably makes sure they come in on budget, schedule etc, but otherwise lets the director do whatever they want.

>What does a "producer" actually do?
he gibs monies

She's one type of producer. She's the;

>Can you make the film for this much money?

>Okay, have my cash and after it's done (for the amount of money I gave you) I'll sell the film to a studio

She has producers under her, usually part of the chosen director's team, or the directors themselves, who oversee the actual production and make sure shit is working correctly.

depends what type of producer

it can mean those that finance the movies or those that are involved in production, either prefilming, during filming, or editing.

There is a funny story about Jaws - Spielberg charmed the line producer on that into hiding all of their real receipts and sending back fake ones to the studio so they wouldn't know he was going wildly over budget and schedule.

Something like that would get a normie in a real industry fired on the spot.

>What does a "producer" actually?

Lots and lots of cocaine.

And starlets.

Not much once the sun goes down

Lie to banks about your films budget and funnel tens of millions of dollars into Israel front businesses or Cayman Island banks.

Where can I learn to be a producer?

Launder drug money for the Russian and Israeli mobs.

Shhh

Temple.

>Simpson sold the road movie Cannonball. While attending the Deauville Film Festival with director-friend Paul Bartel, he heard a knock on his hotel room door one night. "It was Melanie Griffith, totally nude," Simpson said. "She was only nineteen then - her body, you could bounce quarters off it. So I went to her room and partied till the sun came up." ("Don Simpson on Don Simpson," Debby Bull, Smart, May 1990)

Who are some legendary producers, Sup Forums?

>Russian and Israeli mobs.
russian mob is literally just an extenuation of the israeli mob fyi

Cucking director

Whatever his name is, I forget.

Graduate from cooking the books for the Mafia in Italy to cooking the books for the Vatican in Rome to cooking your own books when you buy a major studio and use billions in finances to throw lavish parties filled with cocaine and hookers for Hollywood royalty and to give models you want to fuck jobs, then write it all off as production expenses despite not actually releasing any films.

And do not go to jail.

>that image
you're doing it wrong

some smart, inventive ppl in this world, eh?

Be an all around decent guy who loves movies and produces decades worth of profitable feature films in which you provide cheap or non existent wages to young but talented hopefuls who want to build a resume and start a career, who then go on to be the most powerful and successful and acclaimed people in Hollywood.

Your name will forever be associated with dog shit and trash and you will receive no respect as a result.

fool people into thinking they are needed

Hire young up and comers to make cheap but massively profitable films. Lie to them about the financial performance and keep the money for yourself. Insist your wife appears in everything your company releases.

Eventually tangle with someone more powerful than you and lose your studio to a bigger studio.

Pic related produced some great films, gave us lulz in the Sony leaks and even had a movie made about him that was meant to shame him but only made him feel proud.

youtube.com/watch?v=XFs5rDGU6Dc

Does anyone know any sites where I can look at pictures of Chilean Producers?

They're pretty hard to find these days.

I heard there are some Fuckbook groups now that have them. That's fucking wild.

Dino De Laurentis
Harvey /ourjew/ Weinstein

producers are the ones that lay with(in the biblical sense) the cunny actresses first before they turn them over to the directors. They usually give them a rating, which is generally on the 0-10 scale. If a director thinks the score is acceptable they take the job.

Most actors aren't even considered in this process because they are homosexuals.