What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Aa2OqjP9tY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not much actually. It just tried to pack too much story into one movie.

I personally think it's a masterpiece in terms of visuals and atmosphere.

shitty source material

Give a hoot. Read a book.

How else would I have known it was bad?

This

it was filmed in Mexico, much of it on a site called "Dead Dog Dump".

I really loved it

a great deal of the book is very difficult to film, given that it's characters musing to themselves about the motives of others. you can do this cinematically with a voice-over but that comes across as such a cliche.

but mainly it's a complex book. too complex for amerifats, which is odd given that Frank Herbert was American.

Very rushed story

lucas did it better with star wars.
dune is too politocal and abstract to be a mainstream success.
they didnt let lynch have final cut or full control (alan smithee)

i like it, tho.

he gets it. the final battle has yet to be topped. le mini series was decent until the crappy end

nothing, the movie is perfect

now go, make sure the bodies are never found

go

WE REQUIRE ADDITONAL DOLLARS

It's too much to put into a single movie without either making it seven hours long or skipping parts/making awful montages. The original did a little of both, though it was still pretty good.

What do you mean, the crappy end?

not much...

desu dune as an adaptation would best succeed as an in universe, tangentially related video game

>mini series
>decent
The first five minutes we see of Paul in the miniseries was enough to get me to delete it off my computer.

i watch this every year. Always entertaining.

nothing wrong in my opinion.

I agree, and I think most fans of the movie will agree that it's a mess but it's a beautiful mess.

DELET

I couldn't get past the gross fat guy with the sores and Sting pretending to act

By far Lynch's worst effort. The whole movie is a mess. Even a little re-editing would have gone a long way.

This. I found the plot a bit hard to follow. Production design was good though.

Sean Young should have had a nude scene.

the final battle was the worst part of the movie. i felt bad for the actors waving those stupid "weirding module" props around while shouting the magic word that made them shoot, it was so bad

>What went wrong?

Nothing you fucking mong. The movie is a masterpiece.

i have honestly loved this movie since i was a kid.

i agree that nothing went wrong at all. it is immensely rewatchable

At like the 1 hour mark Lynch realized he had like 15 more plot threads to introduce, another 6000 pages of script and practically 80% of the concepts and technology that informed those 15 plot threads and 6000 pages still unexplained.

I watched this movie before reading the books and seriously there is so much shit that is mindbogglingly retarded for a normie. Shit like the Gesserit all sharing brains / being able to mind meld / subsume eachothers personality and the Quidditch Baccarat or whatever the fuck prophecized space god that was mentioned once at the start then proclaimed by the 6 year old 6 month old after cutting the floating fat fucks face with a gom jabbar then spinning him around in midair.

That being said, after reading the books and rewatching, it was much more tolerable, and honestly pretty great.

>too complex for amerifats, which is odd given that Frank Herbert was American.
You sound bitter, user.

the kwizats-haderach? you need to listen to more iron maiden
youtube.com/watch?v=1Aa2OqjP9tY

Yeah, but i'm just pointing out, when i watched it at like 17 years old and not having read the books it was literally mentioned once in the start with "The reverend mothers are trying to genetically breed the super god only lady jessica chose to have a boy instead of a girl" then with the little girl at the end yelling "HE IS THE KWANZA HADDOCK!" Like, it was a major part in the books if im remembering right, they didn't even mention it to the midget Fremen reverend mother who showed up and died halfway through the movie.

Little stuff like that. It's almost unintelligable for someone who isn't already immersed in the source material, and that is why it failed.

What went wrong in your life?

based

They didn't let Jodorowsky make it.

FPBP

>the midget Fremen reverend mother who showed up and died halfway through the movie.
You must mean....The Housekeeper!

>quidditch baccarat

Brav-fucking-o