essentially turning a space movie into a post apoc movie

This tbqhfam

Not at all. It actually holds up well.

>killing all survivors of the LV426 shitstorm

Yes

wew

The theatrical cut. Yes.

The director's cut. Fuck no.

Watch the assembly cut. Worthy of praise, actually.

There was a decent movie somewhere in this garbage.

It ruins the ending of Aliens!!

lad

Literally the most plebby criticism in all movie history.

You deserve to die

Probably deserved more. It generaly pissed me off. Even the tonally off, borderline goofy Resurrection is far better.

>flamethrowers kill aliens
>submersion in molten lead doesn't
yeah fuck this movie

Bullshit.The "Alien 3 Director's Cut is good" myth is as bad as the "Daredevil Director's Cut is good" myth.

Yes, literally no explanation for how the magical egg got there is offered, so it's pretty easy to hand wave this garbage away as a nightmare.

Monk space station was a better idea too.

>caring about big mclargehuge or the loli

It's not a myth. The director's cut is very good.

What flaws does it fix exactly?

its shit
assembly cut is shit

even resurrection is better than this garbage. debate me

I'm not going to write it out all now, but it changes a ton of shit from the theater edit.

movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1405

Sure it changes stuff. Not exactly for the better or anything.

>Tywin Lannister was clearly supposed to be the villain
>but then he just unceremoniously gets killed off

lmao

Its so weird they developed his character so much just to be murked like that.

This

promethus?

No. 3 in my rankings.

I used to think so but I watched it a few days ago (special edition I think) and it wasn't so bad.

more like number 2 lmao

The queen was on the ship. All you have to accept is that it could still lay eggs even without the massive egg chamber thing. At worst, it's slightly implausible.

What is the definitive Alien/Predator/AVP ranking?

1 > 2 > Predator > 3 > Prometheus > the rest

Swap 2 and predator and this is perfect.

what is that thing on the cover art?

doggo alien?
facehugger with alien head?

Alien fetus.

Terrible writing and even the special fx look like shit, rewatch was a sobering experience, I thought I fucking liked it. There just weren't many good scifi movies when I was young I guess. Man it's a piece of shit.

The director's cut of Alien 3 fixes a big plot problem I had with the theatrical versions, one that almost ruined the movie for me.

In that one, the prisioners follow Ripley in her plan against the Xenomorph using that flammable chemical, which goes wrong, everything blows up, a few of them die.

And somehow, after such fuck up the same bunch of assholes still listen to her? I don't think so.

BUT in the Director's cut the plan does work, which solves that oddity. For that alone I consider it the best version.

Holy shit I'm watching this right now in anticipation of Alien: Covenant and Alien 5. What are the chances?

I hate it mostly because it killed Newt. Mostly.

>AVP

Any good ranking ignores those flicks.

Alien 3 is the most underrated film of all time.

>All you have to accept is that it could still lay eggs even without the massive egg chamber thing.

This is not implausible, the queen could have one inside.

The problem comes from HOW did the egg go unnoticed. The Queen never abandoned the cargo bay and we saw everything she did there, so the only possible place was inside the dropship.

>flamethrowers kill aliens

Cite a scene in one of the movies that shows a flamethrower killing an Xeno, I dare you.

>even resurrection is better than this garbage.

The version most people saw absolutely did. The extended version actually makes the movie very good and adds a fuck load of ayyylamo screen time. They hamstrung the film by removing all those extra scenes which explained things quite a bit better.

Charlize theron flamethrowering the xeno-Fife in Prometheus

This family. Plus the prison aesthetic looks great, the planet looks great and the cast are pretty good.

The transformation wasn't complete.

not an ayy lmao

not even canon

Charlize Theron didn't flame Fifield, you are recalling that scene wrong.

It was actually Idris Elba's character how did it, and only after Fiefeld got shot at several times with firearms and then crushed by the the big rover vehicle. Plus, Fifeld was a mutated human, not a Xenomorph.

The movie itself is okay, although it got totally butchered by executives or whatever the fuck. Director's cut is better.

But the main issue is in relation to the other Alien movies. Aliens ended with the whole plot being to go back and rescue Newt. And then Hicks survived as well. Many had died, but it ended on a somewhat happy note, as Ripley had saved the day and the girl.

But then in Alien3, we get
>LOL THE AUTOPILOT FUCKED UP
>HAHA NEWT IS DEAD
>PFFFT HICKS IS DEAD TOO
>ALL YOUR WORK WAS FOR NOTHING
>OH, AND NOW YOU'RE STUCK ON A PENAL COLONY
>ONE MORE THING, THE ALIEN QUEEN SOMEHOW LAID A QUEEN EMBRYO IN YOU, TOP KEK

It's similar to the complaints I have about TFA completely undermining and ruining the ending of the original star wars trilogy.

>TFA completely undermining and ruining the ending of the original star wars trilogy.

TFA was a mediocre, half-assed cash in, but in what way did it do that?

Better than tfa, all tfa did was repeat what New Hope did at least Alien3 throws this weird curveball at you.

I didn't mean to start yet another SW discussion. I just meant in the sense that TFA's soft reboot effectively nullified all the character development and story arcs that occurred over the OT. Han and Leia are no longer together and are back at square one doing what they did before ANH. Luke became a pussy and ran away like a bitch, totally uncharacteristic of himself from the OT. Empire 2.0 is even worse than before and everything they fought for gets wiped out instantly, etc. ROTJ ended on a good note and tied up all the loose ends, and then we get TFA to completely hit the reset button back to zero.

The empire surviving in some manner was completely logical, just because their supreme leader was killed doesn't mean all these military warlords are going to say "gee, democracy!".

Luke didn't become a pussy, the specifics are not clear but he became bitter and disillusioned at fucking up so bad with his nephew. He had the best intentions and apparently it all went south the worst way possible.

Leia and Han? I honestly never thought that relationship would endure.

Again, those plot points are OK, my problem is that the execution was a mediocre rebake of ANH.

Alien 3 is the worst film of all time.

4 is pretty based until goofy alien shows up

4 is goofy all the way through. I mean, the damn movie starts with that silly bug scene. It's like a big-budget Roger Corman film, which IMO adds to the charm, but I can see why hardcore fans hate it.

i've never seen this and never will because newt is my waifu and i know she dies. alien 3 doesn't exist in my world

Fact: You can complain about anything in this movie, but if you're complaining about the death of Newt and Hicks, you're just a pleb with no taste for grimkino

Nope, actually it's the best pleb filter. Ameritard will praise Camerons Aliens, which is basically the ancestor of most video games, patricians know that alien3 asembly cut is the most refined with the first one of course.

I liked both this and X-Men: The Last Stand, which too mostly got hate because it killed off two important characters.

I love this movie for how it goes back to being depressing and hopeless as fuck, as a movie about being trapped in the dark with a space insect demon should be and not 'wololo let's shoot up some o' dem bugs'. Lots of good bong character actors, beautiful aesthetics and music. I even like the FX, some of the composited puppet stuff moves like timelapse footage of insects/crabs etc. and makes me feel genuinely ill to look at. Crunchy upsetting loli autopsy. Man I need to watch this again.

Patricians may think that in their stuck up assholiness, but the actual connoisseur acknowledges that all the Alien films have their own qualities, and refuses to join the "everything Cameron did sucks" meme that Sup Forums pulled after he released Avatar.

Aliens is basically the ancestor of Avatar :
>muh big bad corporation
>group of marines with latina dyke
But at least the aliens were not your typical liberal noble savage yet.

>'wololo let's shoot up some o' dem bugs'.

Why do people keep saying this? It takes over an hour for the guns to start firing in the movie, and there are only two shootouts, where actually most of the human characters get murdered by the Xenos.

Aliums is great on its own merits but only Alien 3 ever came close to being a proper sequel to the first one.

By repeating everything the first one did, only with worse characters, setting, plot, and dialogue.

The true Patrician only accepts the original Alien as true Kino, any other opinion is proof of being pleb scum.

Big bad corporation has been a thing in Alien from the beginning, but they did have a corporate shill that acted like a complete fucking retard.

>this species spits acid and can tear apart seasoned veterans in seconds
>better fuck everyone for dat promotion

I could buy Ripley driving into an alien base to save the crew despite it being incredibly dangerous and irresponsible, but that's just too stupid for me.

Fair enough that's an exaggeration, I still think it went way too far in reducing muh xenos to just 'a bunch of dangerous animals' and took away the nightmarish quality that made them so compelling to begin with. I know in practical terms if you shoot anything it'll die but from an emotional standpoint I'd much rather see a guy flipping out gibbering about dragons just from *seeing* one like prisoner Golic than people fighting them like equals. Maybe it's just autism, I don't know.

>worse setting

The prison was beautiful. Alien 3 was clearly designed to be more like Alien, but it wasn't a retread.

bumpafuckinroonie

>Amazing deep immersive well acted, designed and crafted sci fi horror slasher tier
Alien
>Amazing sci fi action shoot 'em up
Aliens
>It killed all hope and the franchise tier
Alien 3
>It simply doesn't exist tier
Res-
>I said it doesn't exist tier
sssshh, only shitty sequals and prequals around prometheus now.

The scenes tend to sine-wave between utter shit and pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=cKY7ZFabTq8

that being said it's trash.