Parody movies, why don't they make them like they used to?

Parody movies, why don't they make them like they used to?

I can't even remember the last one that was remotely as good as Airplane! and The Naked Gun.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q1FOR3L0VKg
youtube.com/watch?v=GY6l4KCWp08
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The editor is great if you enjoy Giallo

Not Another Teen Movie was the last good parody.

The entire genre went out with a bang, not a whimper.

Superhero movie was somewhat entertaining, also MacGruber

Naked Gun > Hot Shots >>>>>>>>>> Airplane

Youre wrong

>Superhero

This movie have some really good jokes, but this fart scene was just pure shit.

OSS117 1 & 2 are amazing 60's Bond parodies with a lot of non-PC comedy and great cinematography (from the team that made The Artist, their first film was also a pastiche of Citizen Kane)

Black Dynamite also got the blaxploitation genre right and felt like a labor of love project

I don't understand how anyone can enjoy all those cheap "___ Movie" turds, they're even lazier than CBS sitcoms.

OSS 117 was an actual book series in the 50s/60s/70s. It came out like 3 years after the first James Bond book was published in english. I don't think it was a copy of JB, just a sign of the times and the interest people had with spies during that time period.

Some of the scenes that seem to parody JB in the OSS parodies are from the old, serious, OSS movies.

I'll always love the first Scary Movie just for the gag where the killer runs behind a tree

replaced by youtubers making silly faces and autistically telling you movies are bad

Austin Powers were the last good parody movies and you know it.

I liked Tropic Thunder but it doesn't compare to the older parody films

Tropic Thunder is very different though
Way less visual gags and the jokes are more sparse, not non stop like those movies were

It's also more broad on the parody

It's the only modern one I can think of that I liked, aside from the first Scary Movie

Its hard to do them

Here's the truth

Comedians used to get hired to write these things, funny people.

Do you know who gets hired to be comedians now? People who make random Vines and Youtube videos about feminism and gamining.

There's no actual comedians left and therefore there's no comedy writers who can write an entire screenplay.

It's not even like they're improv comedians, they come up with 5 second videos that can get shared on instagram

>when bae is mad at you [pic related]
140k likes
>when u mad at bae [pic related]
120k likes
>when u smell food and u hungry [pic related]
240k likes
>when u tired but its daytime [pic related]
304k likes
>when u when u when u hwne uwheren baebaebaebabebe
400000k likes

Anyway that's where todays comedians come from, and hollywood can't paint their shit and call it gold.

Not Austin Powers 3. Absolutely not.

Because the kikes that made Scary Movie (and Epic Movie, and Disaster Movie, and Spartan Movie, etc etc etc) ran the genre into the ground.

Because Jim Abrahams and The Zucker Brothers became irrelevant according to (((hollywood))) and unfunny SNL cast was able to make movies instead

That was parody, right ? Right ?

It wasn't that kind of movie

At a stretch you can call "A Touch of Cloth" a TV movie. Modern British Naked Gun.

Angie Tribeka is like a new Police Squad! Re:Naked Gun

Walk Hard is a great parody.

I like to think it was. Worst movie I can think of right now.
>All the action is framed centrally, your eyes need never leave the centre of the frame.
Literally Michael Bay for Brits.

no, it was based on the book by the same name.

that movie isnt funny

Danger 5 is pretty funny

But abrahams and the zuckers are all kikes too.

Haven't seen Danger 5 but I've seen the Italian Spider-Man webseries from its creators and it wasn't half-bad, it captured the visual flair of Italian exploitation films from the 60's.

Darkplace and the Police Squad TV series are TV comedy kino.

Police Squad >>> Naked Gun

only movie I've ever walked out the theater from. (after the church scene which was btw amazing, but then thes shot the only likeable character)

Airplane is overrated.

cuck detected

The third movie was the best.

proof airplane is cuckino

>Black Dynamite
The latest king of the genre, and the only recent film that deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Airplane, Naked Gun, etc.

What's wrong with this? I thought it was really good.

Not a parody. Maybe a homage, but certainly not a parody.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. It just that I don't think that the story and the characters shouldn't be taken too seriously.

loaded weapon
hot shots 1 and 2

Robin Hood: Men in Tights

Totally slipped my mind that one. I have to watch it again.

Is Airplane 2 worth watching?

Scary Movie 3, the one made by Zucker has the most Airplane-Naked Gun type of comedy

It's ok. It recycles some jokes from the first one. So it all depends how you feel about that.

Walk Hard sets up jokes from a mile away, and then even if it was funny at first, they repeat the joke 5 more times, and then implement these strange scripted pauses as though they are in front of a live audience waiting for them to stop laughing.

It's like a parody OF a comedy.

I heard so much praise for it, from people who kinda have the same taste as me. I didn't get it. But I turned it off early because it wasn't doing anything for me. There's a chance that it gets really funny after he's in the studio getting told he's a junkie, but I didn't see it because it wasn't funny for the 30 minutes till that stage.

>I gotta stop drinking

What's Sup Forums's opinion on Jane Austen's Mafia?

>tfw no one mentions your favourite
Spaceballs is the 4th best Star Wars movie.

Danger 5 is SOTY. Probably in my top5 series. At first I felt it was too much lolrandum but then it grew on me hard. IMO better than Italian Spider-Man or Darkplace which are great too.

Scary Movies 1-3 are also great. People need to give them a chance. I remembered 2 was shit but when I watched it a few weeks ago it made me laugh hard.

RIP pieces Leslie Nielsen. Naked Gun 1-2 were my favorite movies growing up. 2 1/2 is probably my most seen movie.

it's ok.

Who'd win in a fight? Lloyd Bridges or Leslie Nielsen?

>that one Wayne's brother is still making parodies
Sweet Jesus I though he would have given up by now

It's great

Lloyd doesnt fuck around so my money's on him

It was okay. I thought the action/fight scenes were the weakest aspect since they didn't do actual choreography they just moved the camera around a lot and alternated between slowing down and speeding up. It just looked shitty.

Good in my book. It also had Christina Applegate in her prime.

Lloyd Bridges was always the better at slapstick and physical humour. Nielsen would surely have the shit beaten out of him.

thought that dude on the left was jon snow for a second

What's the deal with this gag?

Post more examples

>naked gun
>airplane
>parody
It's satire you fucking retards. Scary Movie and all that trash is parody

Is this from Rogue One?

Fuck off, Wayans brothers are underrated. Scary movie franchise went to shit when they left. And Don't Be a Menace is a classic

most capeshit is a parody but the audience is too retarded to tell and think its a genuine attempt

Don't Be a Menace>Scary Movie teebeeaitch

Season 2 was a mistake, love the first one though

If you liked all the funny jokes in Airplane!, you're going to LOVE this one! It has all the good jokes - and more! Woo
w!

But it is funny.

What's this, comedy for ants?

whole world becomes a parody

Galaxy Quest was pretty good. It was a good parody and actually a pretty good movie just by itself.

Take a look at this retard

idk i enjoyed it. you just gotta turn your brain off.

Fuck! I Love these sorts of visual gags.

Top Secret has one of the scenes that has made me laugh the hardest in any movie first time I saw it

youtube.com/watch?v=q1FOR3L0VKg

Nigel's face at the end still gets me everytime

Nope, just a good movie with a really good buttseks joke.

another one

youtube.com/watch?v=GY6l4KCWp08