Tfw you realise that we patrician film watchers are much smarter than plebeians that play video games

>tfw you realise that we patrician film watchers are much smarter than plebeians that play video games

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G2lUE1Bpu8A
youtube.com/watch?v=NL4ZxDWLwpM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tfw when to smart too play video games

Video games superior to film and gamers are on average more intelligent than "cinephiles"

I play chess on my PC.

your status = BTFO

le big guy for you meme XD

>tfw you realise that both mediums have their patricians and plebs and that it's the content and not the medium that matters

For every film enthusiast that enjoys pure kino there are hundreds that clap their hands at Transformers, Minions and Ninja Turtles.

Same with gaming enthusiasts, just because the majority are slack jawed CoD/Fifa fans doesn't mean that grand strategy fans don't exist.

Both are pure shit

music is garbage too

what a qt :3

chess on pc is not a game, its just a simulator

>implying cinematic vidya can't be on par with film

It can't, cinematic vidya is pleb tier because it's barely interactive shit for simpletons.

Patrician kino vidya is vidya that leverages its interactivity and the other unique strengths of the medium, rather than trying to imitate a movie and only begrudgingly letting the player participate in a meaningful capacity.

>implying cinematic vidya doesn't ignore the one advantage of the medium by basically making the game an interactive cutscene that copies shitty tropes and ideas from film

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's true, but I like video games too. I'm going to play Gravity Rush after I listen to In the Nightside Eclipse. I'll follow it up by streaming an episode of Search Party, then get cozy and watch a Marx Brothers film.

The Last of Us is certainly a great game. The Uncharted series is also fun, although the stories are pretty weak.

no part of the gaming part of video gaming is smart . it's all just variations of a baby putting the right shape in the right hole

>chess is for retards. It's just a glorified game of checkers

>The Last of Us is certainly a great game. The Uncharted series is also fun
That stuff is basically the Bayformers of gaming. You have to be a utter simpleton to find it engaging.

>Look mom I walked to the next cutscene! Look mom I pointed at the guy and pressed the button to make him die! OMG LOOK HIS SHIRT GETS WET!

You ever just sit in silence, alone? It's absolutely terrifying.

In that you have a task and a way of measuring success at that task I guess. But you can basically describe the entirety of life like that if we're being reductive to that degree.

You could use that analogy for any conceivable form of problem solving, but it's still completely dishonest.

asmr playlist on youtube bro

pleb

It's fun. Last of Us has likable characters too.

Life is Strange and Until Dawn are top tier movies. Prove me wrong. You can't.

>Pleb
>For disliking the simple popular mass media that resents its players but only begrudgingly letting the player participate in its "cinematic experience"
Wew

Cutscenes are basically an admission that you don't know how to tell a story in a video game and are a crutch for hack writers who couldn't make it in Los Angeles but refuse to accept that games are interactive by nature.

Fact is games are an interactive medium and the only patrician games are ones that their defined by and embrace their interactivity. i.e. not modern Naughty Dog games.

>Life is Strange
That's a homo game.

>I decide what video games are and should be, no one else gets to.

But are we happier?

Sorry but simple truth is a video game that repeated stops being a video game to play movies to you is like a movie that repeatedly stops showing video and just puts pages of a book up on the screen for you to read.

You can argue that you would be happy with a movie that is filled with repeated text dumps, but I think it'd be pretty justified to call it a shit movie because film is a visual medium and shouldn't be filled with text dumps.

Equally games are an interactive medium and shouldn't be filled with cinemas or praised for non-interactivity.

>le pretentious films
>I'm gonna pretend I understand and like them
>so I can pretend I'm finally better in some way than others

a special kind of retarded

It's a hella straight game.

youtube.com/watch?v=G2lUE1Bpu8A

Wowzers! That's one mondo cool youtube video!

Like honest to blog?

a watch a lot of movies

i also play a lot of vidya

i also read a lot of books

am i a tasteless pleb? should i kill myself already?

>This niglet thinks we consider gsg patrician
How about no
Genres in vidya aren't definitive indicators of being part. There can be FPSs that are patrician. Like Doom or Quake.

A truly patrician game would be Dark Souls or Tie Fighter or Mechwarrior 2 or MGS2.

Only good response in thread.

What kind of books?

I do both at the same time. I'm sorry that you and other retarded posters can't multi-kino. hahahah

Then explain how Sup Forums is better than Sup Forums

video games require user interaction though and that stimulates the brain more. video games will probably help combat Alzheimers in the future.

>tfw false exclusivity

Reminder that watching films is like being a cuck, you sit there while others are having all the action.

youtube.com/watch?v=NL4ZxDWLwpM

To be fair, it was pretty cool when Metal Gear Solid managed to merge cinema and gameplay as well as it did on a console as primitive as the PS1. I will always have a soft spot for that series. The same thing can be said for the two N64 Zelda games, Majora's Mask in particular. The scope of those games was truly tremendous back in the day, and it's still really impressive even today.

The problem is the fact that those games became the template for story-telling in video games. What should have been an interesting novelty, became the standard for the industry.

That's the thing, there are limitations of technology and it takes time to understand the potential of the medium. Films did actually put text up on the screen once upon a time.

As you say MGS was a great achievement in its day, but gaming needs to continue to evolve. Also while MGS gets a lot of shit for having long ass cutscenes it never compromised on the gameplay sequences like modern western cinematic games do. MGS is well known for and highly praised for its interactivity, game design and "TECHNOLOGY". Plus much of the story in MGS1 and especially MGS2 was metanarrative about interactivity in games and its subtext wouldn't translate to other mediums.

You should get a job

>well, no, you see, videogames are better because I get to press buttons while the movie plays

jesus christ. is this what non-californians think we say? thats not how you use that word.

Competitive call of duty takes a lot of strategy and on the fly thinking desu

Yeah a lot of games change depending on the level that they're played.
A game without good opposition can be like watching a movie with dubstep playing instead of the original audio accompanied with brazilian subtitles.

Well, you haven't wised up enough to stop sucking reviewers dicks.

no part of cinema watching is smart . it's all just a series of images with sound

did you like Melancholia? i just wrote a review of it

This

tfw too poorfag to play video games

You see, movies are better because I get to see images while listening to the radio drama

People that play video games are manchildren, but so are people that watch Marvel movies and shit of that nature. It's equally as pathetic.

Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /lit/, whatever the fuck you are, you're all the same pretentious little shits that don't contribute in any way except raising sales, fans that are fed whatever the current market has to offer.

It's not
This thread has better vidya discussion than anything I've ever seen on Sup Forums

>tfw too smart 4 video games and shitty blockbuster flicks like Winter Soldier and Rogue One

>video gaems
>Patricians

You like these games because they are part of the highest budgets of their industry. Like the idiots who praise the Transformers movies or Pirates of the Carribean. You're a moron praising anti-art garbage.

I didn't say they're art. I said they're fun.

>talmud tv made me intelligent

Videotoys are a children's entertainment, you're supposed to grow out of them.

gr8 b8 m8

Friendly reminder that the only patrician video games are fighting games.

They're so deep and high iq that literally all of Sup Forums hates them and their community because they aren't smart enough to play them, not even
memeing

kek, i play videogames and these threads are my favorite desu.

i acknowledge videogames for what they are, not pretending they are some higher form of entertainment. they were designed for children for the beginning

true. a decent video game is MUCH more rare than a decent movie

This is what autism looks like

The AssCreed movie is post-kino