Is Leia the great portrayal of a fictional character ever?

Is Leia the great portrayal of a fictional character ever?

Luke very well may have good reasons for doing what he did. He left a map didn't he? He obviously wanted certain people to find him. It's kinda unfair to assume that he just ran away for no good reason especially if he is basically a psychic all-seer and leia is not.

Han did kinda run away though iirc.

>Leia kept fighting
>she doesn't actually fight
Huh

b2r

If only everyone had enough tactical knowledge to start an assault on Death Star based on hunch from a guy who was a storm trooper earlier that day.

>old crusty woman that can't do anything and is just a figurehead
compared to
>hot battle princess that ended up doing more in her own rescue than most of her rescuers

yeah episode 7 is totally the best version of the character....

people are superficial.

Feminists are insane and retarded.

>kept fighting
>didn't notice the First Order building the largest superweapon the galaxy has ever seen

Truly a feminist icon

Women don't take such things into consideration. They want all of the accolades, glory, and respect that comes from hard work and accomplishment without actually working hard or accomplishing anything. If you call them out on it, you're a sexist, misogynist shitlord.

>running around shooting disposable goons is more important than being a military commander

male logic

>TFA has more people who like it for feminist reasons than people who like it as a movie
huh

>being a military commander
What did she accomplish exactly as a military commander? What was the great battle that was won though sheer power of her amazing wit? Has she actually done anything on screen?

>3 months as commander of "resistance" army
>lets the capital and a few other planets get destroyed

yeah, let's pretend she wasn't more impressive in the OT....

Don't be retarded. It's the exact same thing as when Trump says "we're going to fight ISIS". Of course he's not going to be in Mosul shooting a gun, it's more important to be commander-in-chief.

>They want all of the accolades, glory, and respect that comes from hard work and accomplishment without actually working hard or accomplishing anything
There are millions of women who work their asses off everyday while you shitpost on Sup Forums

Why are there so many misogynistic idiots on Sup Forums?

Reactionaries see a minor flaw in something and will shit bricks over it.

Instead of admitting there's a good and bad side to say feminism, they insist it's pure evil and needs to be purged.

This board is so God damn stuck up. Stop shitting on things that you dont understand.

We fucking get it, youre sheltered and privileged and can't relate to feminist characters, maybe it just isnt for you then. Stop pretending it doesn't have artistic merit, because in a few decades time youll all see it for the revolutionary piece of work it is.

Also Id like to see you all make something even close to this.

You go fictitious girl!

It's almost like Disney Planned for all of this to happen.

This is some Baudrillard shit. Seriously.

this is the dumbest shit iver ever read.

>revolutionary piece
are we still talking about star wars?

Yeah and if after Trump is in charge the US is blown up by a super nuclear bomb a hundred times bigger than even the Soviet Union could build people would say he did a pretty shit job.

some people just don't understand kino

I was with her until she started shitting on Luke and Han. What makes Star Wars so good is that the three of them are all brave, there's no token coward hiding behind boxes for comic relief.

>Luke, a farmboy with no military experience, organizes a daring rescue from the biggest military base in the galaxy
>Han, a criminal who mostly fights in bars, goes with him and charges headlong into groups of stormtroopers without fear
>Leia, who just spent the past few days getting tortured, grabs a gun and starts shooting without a second thought, then finds a way to get them out of there

And this is just the first movie, they all get better and stronger as time goes on. They're all heroic. Leia doesn't do silly damsel in distress shit in 4, but she's also not a Rey-tier invincible super-duper action star who does everything alone. Because that would be a boring story.

>Unlike Luke or Han, Leia keeps fighting when things seem impossible. In spite of all the losses she's suffered, in spite of impossible odds.

>"Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1!"
>"Never tell me the odds!"
>*Successfully navigates the asteroid field*

You're not supposed to enjoy inspiring stories about good characters though, you're supposed to project your own self-hatred onto children's films and imagine the character who looks most like you represents you in some way so you can feel ok about yourself for a few seconds.

>Han did kinda run away though iirc.

Not exactly. I remember Han running away on two occasions:

1. When he went charging, by himself, after like 10 stormtroopers, then it turned out they were luring him into a room without about 30 of them and he turned back. Leia even says "well, at least he's got courage" (sarcastically, implying he's got nothing else, but still)

2. He abandons the rebels before the attack on the Death Star because he points out (correctly) it's a suicide mission and of course it's not his war. Then he has a change of heart, saves Luke, and gets to be the hero.

And if you want to look at it from a feminist/SJW pov, everyone respects Leia as an equal. Han is just as rude to her as he is to literally everyone else, Luke trusts her to shoot better than he can and hands her his gun while trying to get that grappling hook thing to work, and in Episode 5 she gives the orders for the Battle of Hoth and everyone obeys.

>there's a good side to you being fucked over
Oy vey I enjoy getting fucked over so much please can I get fucked over some more please

>Instead of admitting there's a good and bad side to say feminism

There's a good and a bad side to fascism, that doesn't mean I want to give the American Nazi Party a chance to run Congress

>lead the rebellion

But they're the New Republic. If anything, the remnants of the Empire are the rebellion.

I was kind of with her until she started comparing Leia to Hillary Clinton.

Leia was the weakest of the OrigT trio.

she honestly makes a case for a better portrayal we could've had in the SeqT, although I still think it's bs that slave leia is put down.

now shes passed away.

Leia is stronger than most of the "stronk womyn gurl power" characters out there today. Like Black Widow in the Marvel movies, who doesn't really do anything until her 3rd or 4th movie appearance (Winter Soldier).

>OrigT
>SeqT

Why are you doing this?

he wants to be different and cool, duh.

muh strong woman. Why can't it ever be that someone is an exceptional human with these people? They always make it about sex, gender, and race.

Especially as far as Star Wars is concerned, because Leia was very much an equal member of that group of heroes. Hell, in many cases she was the one giving them orders (like in the beginning of 5).

>Be military commander
>Hide like a faget in a base

Least Admiral Ackbar was on the frontlines with his men during the OT.

i hate people who swear like this
>"man that is fucking rad and i'm fucking cool and don't give a fuck because i swear whenever i feel like it!! XDD"

Why are girls so useless?