Belarusian Psycho

Sup, Sup Forums.

I have directed a feature film called "Belarusian Psycho" which tells the story of Dmitry who decides to lose his virginity, and invites three girls to celebrate his 22nd birthday in a countryhouse.

This movie was partially inspired by the story of Elliot Rodger, and won the Best Belarusian Film Award at Minsk International Film Festival.

You can watch the movie here:
vimeo.com/188538351

The movie is in Russian, and the English subtitles are available via the "CC" button.

What do you think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/189179348
twitter.com/AnonBabble

im gonna watch it and tell you, keep the thread alive

this better not be shit you faggot

REEE STOP SHILLING YOUR SHIT AGAIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Still looks cheap OP, I already told you.

I'll try to keep it alive.

>Belarus
>tfw have deep family ties to Belarus
I will watch it for u user

that what mumblecore does to you

>that opening shot
>that sloppy camera audio

instantly dropped.

Sorry, it gets better.

Hey Thor, how you doin'

Not so good. Barely anyone has something to say about my movie.

Lol. Sorry brah. I bookmarked it, it's late but I'll watch it tomorrow if I remember.

I'm honestly impressed you made a feature and won a fucking award for it, congrats.

Thank you.

Here is a picture of me accepting the award.

Girl looks like a dirty gypsy or black. Is she?

Fucking nice. Good to see that at least one of the Sup Forums oldtimers has made a name for himself in the industry.

Build wall, illegal trash.

Didn't know Daniel Radcliffe was Belarusian.

Still I'll watch your movie OP

Did you at least get to fuck the nigger ?

>those shoes
Im going to assume your film is as bad as your fashion sense and not watch it

>he doesnt know about sneaks
Oh boy

this

I don't know what to say...it looks incredibly amateurish, but so does most stuff in festivals by debuting filmmakers.
In a way, I guess, that is where it has to derive it's charm from...maybe it's a good stepping stone?

My fear is that since you received some kind of recognition for it that you might believe this is good enough for anywhere out of Belarus.
It's not, they basically gave you a 'tard-award...best, specialest filmmaker.
Feel glad you got this one under your belt and now do something actually pretentious.
People sneer at the term, but it will make you grow on an analytical level since great film making is not "trusting your instincts"...it's constant doubt and nothing but decision making.

Shit's Belarusian, how the fuck do you expect it to look? Watch some capeshit if you want an "expensive" looking flick.

No excuses, you can torrent everything. There's plenty of info/reference for free on the internet.

i would watch more than a few moments of it, but youve been nothing but a drain on threads for as long as i can remember

Yes, the movie was a lo-fi production.

Actually, I competed (and won) against a dozen other movies, including studio productions with a budget of half a million dollars (pretty much as high as it gets in Belarus). My movie was by far the most lo-fi one. It has screened outside of Belarus too, say, at Wiesbaden Film Festival in Germany.

Did you watch the movie in the entirety?

Anyway, you can watch the trailer for my second movie here, which was less of a lo-fi production:
vimeo.com/189179348

Both movies were no-budget productions.

Don't give up on your dream. Learn and grow, the only way for you is up.

Чecтнo, ты мoжeшь cтaть эшo мoщным peжиccepoм, oднaкo

the track at the end and the title card are awful
otherwise it looked moderately interesting

I like the trailer. What's the track at the end?

Thank you.

The track is "кcилeмa - terra plana".

HAHAHA, That logo...Ben Rivers much?
I've seen your movie entirely, but whatever.
Trailer looks totally fine, totally what I meant with it's pretentiousness...

What I'm saying is...don't think of your movies as "lo-fi, no budget"...think of them as amateur efforts and that you will grow from them.
The accolade you got in those quotes from the press or whatever are ridiculous.
If you can't recognize your own shortcomings, it's a problem.
You are not an auteur, you don't have a style yet...but it looks promising, so keep on going!

Thank you.

Bump.

sure
also i hate you and your posts
youve ruined a lot of threads

looking handsome, thor

Hi Thor. Congrats on the award. You are my favorite indie filmmaker from Belarus and I'm proud of you. I never watched your movies but you look cute.

t. an old friend.

The sound and cinematography are awful.

Looking handsome, Thor

Looking handsome, Thor!

Wait, you guys actually make films in this board?

hola reddit

Looking handsome, Thor

Looking handsome, Thor

Looking handsome, Thor

thor is such a fucking badass

wish I had his jawline

It would be much better if you'd shoot your film in the traditional language of your country (Polish) but it's still an alright film. I can't really constructively criticise it, I don't know much about short films and lower-budget ones

the Skype scene was true kino