RIVERDALE Character Portraits

Thoughts, Sup Forums?

ARCHIE ANDREWS (KJ Apa)

>An intense, conflicted sophomore grappling with the unexpected interest of several girls, a passion for writing and performing music against his father's better wishes, and the mysteries that surrounded the town of Riverdale.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9XmFTADupMc
youtube.com/watch?v=SXOmJO2lOSU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZwRPsSoztGc
imdb.com/name/nm5224900/?ref_=tt_cl_t12
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie's_Weird_Mysteries
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

VERONICA LODGE (Camilla Mendes)

>An intelligent, confident and extremely popular sophomore who has just returned to Riverdale from New York following her father's scandalous arrest, seeking to reinvent herself and getting caught in a complex love triangle.

BETTY COOPER (Lili Reinhart)

>A wholesome and studious sophomore who hails from a dysfunctional family and harbors a longtime crush on her best friend, Archie, turning to her new best friend Veronica for life advice with unexpected results.

JUGHEAD JONES (Cole Sprouse)

>A sullen sophomore with a dark past, Jughead is estranged from his former best friend Archie and dedicated to uncovering the secrets behind the gruesome murder of Riverdale's golden boy, Jason Blossom.

Alice Cooper my Archiefu

I'll check it out, dig the new comics and some cw shows

CHERYL BLOSSOM (Madeleine Petsch)

>A wealthy, entitled and manipulative sophomore eager to create conflict between Archie, Betty and Veronica, and still reeling from the violent death of her twin brother Jason Blossom.

What is this show? The characters sound like they could make up a Stranger Things/ chronicle/ life is strange kinda thing

JOSIE McCOY (Ashleigh Murray)

>A gorgeous, snooty and ambitious sophomore and leader of a popular band, who scoffs at Archie's efforts to become their songwriter, but slowly grows to appreciate his determination.

KEVIN KELLER (Casey Cott)

>A cheerful, quick-witted, openly homosexual sophomore struggling to mend fences with his conservative father and find a love of his own.

FRED ANDREWS (Luke Perry)

>Archie's father. The easygoing owner of a local construction company, who hopes Archie will follow into his footsteps one day rather than pursuing a career in music, and harbors secrets of his own.

HERMIONE LODGE (Marisol Nichols)

>Veronica's mother. A silver-tongued stunner who returns to her hometown of Riverdale after her husband's imprisonment in search of a new beginning, and shares a secret past with Fred.

ALICE COOPER (Madchen Amick)

>Betty's mother. A domineering, emotionally brittle newspaper editor who imposes exceedingly high expectations upon her daughter and is not above punishment should they not be met.

>domineering

Niice.

>An intense
No
>conflicted sophomore grappling with the unexpected interest of several girls, a passion for writing and performing music against his father's better wishes
Sure
>and the mysteries that surrounded the town of Riverdale.
Are these Weird Mysteries Archie's to solve?
>who has just returned to Riverdale from New York following her father's scandalous arrest
This better be a joke.
Like, literally. This better turn out to be the setup for a very good mistaken identity or refused to pay taxes gag, Hiram Lodge isn't Tony Montana.
>hails from a dysfunctional family
Stop
>>A sullen sophomore with a dark past, Jughead is estranged from his former best friend Archie and dedicated to uncovering the secrets behind the gruesome murder of Riverdale's golden boy, Jason Blossom.
Literally every part of this is wrong.
>A wealthy, entitled and manipulative sophomore eager to create conflict between Archie, Betty and Veronica
How can this come
>and still reeling from the violent death of her twin brother Jason Blossom.
With this?
At least Valerie looks on poin-
>Josie
>harbors secrets of his own.
It better be where he hid the TV remote

THIS IS NOT MY JUGHEAD REEEEEE

Teen Twin Peaks.

>not muh archie

Why is archie gay?

Why is Veronica not even close to Betty's attractiveness? Whyd they make her fat?

As long as they dont go full edge I think this is good

>It's a Predator episode

can't wait for january 24th

>Josie is black
>when Valerie was already black

I'd be annoyed but I have standards through the floor in the basement for CW so I'm really not even.

>having her but not Hiram

Hiram Lodge was in like 20% of all Archie comics. One of the most popular formulas is "Archie/Reggie/Jughead do something to annoy Mr. Lodge."

it's just so dumb, they could have easily worked it into their edgelord universe that the band had a falling out, maybe over something like Melody OD'ing and Josie and Valerie went their separate ways, Josie becoming a solo artist while Valerie started her own band the Pussycatz (z to avoid copyright that Josie still owns and stick it to the ginger bitch).

Never write again.

>fucking his teacher and josie
>investigating a murder, shits on archie
>pops illegals pills, will do ANYTHING to be popular
>estranged from archie because he's a homo who stuck his tongue down archie's throat
>was in an incestuous relationship with her brother (really)
>gang storyline
>sucks dick at a truck stop
>cuck
>murderer
>fucking a student

I love you too, boobear

Sounds fucking lame

Holy shit, a show about Archie Comics

>Betty/Veronica lezzing out
I'm onboard

Which one Sup Forums?

Veronica has looks AND money

really makes you appreciate the comics, them bitches were fine as fuck on paper.

most interesting character for sure, big change from the comics obviously but still the most prominent reason to watch the show.

deceptively good pic of betty she looks like crap in most others i've seen i'll take veronica

JUGHEAD IS HOMOSEX

according to the producer (greg?) modern times leaves the door open to a threesome between archie/betty/veronica

betty has and always will be superior waifu

youtube.com/watch?v=SXOmJO2lOSU

Hot as fuck, but hispanic???
She's alright I guess, doesn't look like much of an ass from that angle.
Looks like a crackwhore
Oh god, no......
Meh. Not a milf
Definitely not a milf.

Who gives a shit about the rest.

Is this guy supposed to be a Reggie replacement?

>archie's rival is some asian manlet

no wonder he seems to be unstoppably macking on every female in his vicinity with little resistance

Your milf standards are whack.

WHERE THE FUCK IS SABRINA?

In the introduction comic set the summer before the show, Archie is apparently entangled with Josie...

BLACKED

She's supposed to appear at the end of the season. No outright witchcraft though.

Apparently Betty is a pillpopper that is forced into eating cheerleader snatch to stay on the team.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZwRPsSoztGc

>the cw ruining another staple of my childhood
FUCKING STOP

The Asian is actually 6'3.

asians are manlets within

ALPHA
L
P
H
A

Fox locked up those rights, but she can appear with Deadpool and Moon Knight.

Fox has Moon Knight? Fuck me.

>didn't even bother to dye his phone to ginger
DROPPED WITHOUT REGRET

No, Kevin Kocklover's an actual homo introduced recently to the cast in the comics.

Chances are Reg will appear mid-season as a frenemy to Archie in Jug's absence, solving as many problems as he makes similar to Veronica.

Then later he'll be revealed as Jason's killer at the end but through some seemingly accidental means. He'll either be convicted with manslaughter but let off due to being a minor or not guilty enough to charge, or most of the gang who know will just agree to just keep it quiet. Likely because he has dirt on them.

Then his last scene will suggest it only seemed accidental because during the first half of the season he was off screen setting up a bunch of stuff to deflect direct blame. He'll have killed Jason for Cheryl (either literally because she's crazy and asked or just to get Jason out of the way so he could bang her) or Hiram who is now basically Lionel Luthor or because of some literally gay drunken gangbang subplot between Jughead, Kevin, Jason, Reg and Daddy Andrews that needs covering up.
Fuck it, Hot Dog was there too.

>stay out of riverdale!

Best Simpsons gag

>from Rosario Dawson to this

Fuck off

Why do they all look 90 goddamn years old?

By phone, I mean pube

>The parents were involved in a similar love triangle

Pottery.

Serious question: in spite of the Betty/Veronica thing, are they aware that Archie is an insecure beta with a shitty car and a dork best-friend?

Why is Reggie of all people Asian?

Why not make Ronnie Asian or something?

Reggie?

Reggie is literally supposed to be the most handsome alpha devil in Riverdale.

he's also supposed to be an unlikeable shithead so it works

>with unexpected results
Lesbians confirmed.

Fugg

why is the mother hotter than the daughter

>forced lesbianism
das it mane

imdb.com/name/nm5224900/?ref_=tt_cl_t12

are you fucking gay?

>No LGBTQuark ferrofluid characters

REEEEEEE

>they turned Archie into a teen crime mystery thriller soap opera

Why?

Because Archie has been many things, including a teen crime mystery thriller soap opera. With zombies.

>>they turned Archie into a teen crime mystery thriller soap opera

You act like this is something new

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie's_Weird_Mysteries

he's fucking his teacher, blossom, betty, josie and veronica in this series

>Only in 8 of 12 episodes
Money's still on him being the killer.

Who thought this was a good idea?

Who?

Archie has experimented with different genres in the past sure, but his story has always been primarily a light slice of Americana. Fun stories about kids who get into all sorts of misadventures, with zero repercussions. There's never drama or darkness on this level.

someone get her a sandwich

Archie's Weird Mysteries was a comedy.

>mfw Andrew Rannells played Archie on that show

The rest of the cast that was not important enough to get official portraits.

REGGIE MANTLE (Ross Butler)

>A wealthy and sarcastic sophomore who fashions himself as the big man on campus, and vows to destroy Archie once he threatens his popularity.

fat bitch

MOOSE MASON (Cody Kearsley)

>A friendly and good-natured sophomore and the star of the football team, who finds himself forming a connection to Kevin despite ostensibly being heterosexual.

I hope he's not this skinny in the show.

Good Moosejaw tho

DILTON DOILEY (Major Curda)

>The smartest kid in town, Dilton provides Jughead with a vital clue to the mystery surrounding Jason's death.

>Moose attracted to something not Midge
I think we're done here.

GINGER LOPEZ (Caitlin Mitchell Markovitch)

>A ditzy and airheaded sophomore and one of Cheryl's cronies, she might know more about the seedy going-ons at Riverdale than it appears.

I saw that the whole josie and the pussycats are going to be black

gay moose?

TINA PATEL (Olivia Ryan Stern)

>An ambitious and cutthroat sophomore, she is Cheryl's best friend and second-in-command, but would stop at nothing to take her place.

More like Jay-Z and the Black Panthers amirite?

this guy was recast because asian groups attacked the show for the smart!asian stereotype

he is now black

>Reggie
>unlikeable shithead

Sometimes. Some of the best stories are about Reggie being a nice guy who doesn't know how to express himself and hides behind competition and sharp wit though. Doesn't happen often but there's lots of instances of Reggie showing a heart of gold when it comes down to important friendship things and really being frustrated Betty and Veronica like Archie so much.

Actually now that I think of it Reggie is the only remotely complex character in the comics.

ETHEL MUGGS (Shannon Purser)

>An introverted sophomore who comes into her own after being drawn into a friendship with Veronica and Betty when they team up for a revenge plot on Reggie.

>recast because asian groups attacked the show for the smart!asian stereotype
>he is now black

POLLY COOPER (Tiera Skovbye)

>Betty's older sister and Jason Blossom's ex-girlfriend, Polly experienced a devastating nervous breakdown that Betty's parents atribute to Jason, creating a long-standing feud between the two families.

Wow they're going deep into Archie lore.

I wonder if they'll have Jynx Malloy and Lucky Penny, and Trula Twyst lusting after dat Jughead dick.

MARY ANDREWS (Molly Ringwald)

>Archie's mother, Mary left Riverdale two years ago to follow her dreams, but returns in her family’s hour of need. She not only reconnects with Archie and her husband, Fred, but also her former high school friends Hermione Lodge and Alice Cooper.

Come on now, do you really think they'd be able to get away with the dynamic Moose and Midge have in the Comics? In Current-Year+2 ?

HAL COOPER (Lochlyn Munro)

>Betty's father, a supportive parent who harbors an intense hatred for the Blossoms.