youtube.com/watch?v=2btMNaFmYZk
youtube.com/watch?v=QJF13nTR_lA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not including "I'm Sexy and I Know It"

the last 2 episodes were legitimately amazing

the prime minister of greenland was hot as fuck

i thought it was great
great acting (prob jl's best) but his costars as well
really feels like it was shot in the vatican (which ofc it wasn't)
thematically appropiate blurred lines between visions, reality
i thought it was really interesting that it showed a (i believe to be) highly pious character that is also the one with the most doubts and struggle with god as his personal concept and also as the concept of the roman church
the show doesn't shy away from intrigue and politics (its basically a better house of cards in the vatican) but it also doesn't pander to anti-clerical sentiment (imo)
do recommend

what does KINO means ? from a french speaking guy

Holy Father it's time for your snack

literally our guy
youtube.com/watch?v=Nsd4clC_X3k

Him destroying sister bice was a great scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=VzyPoosr9pI

*walks towards you*

I'm still trying to figure out what his personal agenda is. What is he trying to accomplice? It's like watching House of Cards but without the soliloquy.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pf7wyUw1R6c

He was just trying to find his parents

It's called the Young Kino for a reason.

>she will never look at you like this
why do we bother living?

I'M READY TO WAGE A WAR WITHOUT END AGAINST YOU

kinda looks like portia de rossi before she fucked up her face.

It's from the same dude who made the Great Beauty.

Of course it's kino.

It's amazing how subversive simply portraying genuinely expressed religious conservatism in a mainstream show has become. I'm a bit of a lapsed Catholic and I loved it

C A T H O L I K I N O

youtube.com/watch?v=LmbyWGCwX90

you all forgot the best scene

Blocked in my country. Great scene though. I loved that they build up to it for a couple of episodes.

This scene sold me. Where can I find this thing?

Do they make him a stupid villain to make this look ebil, or is the show really this redpilled?

Its airing in the US on the 17th of January. Else you can grab it from your local torrent farmer.

And I could answer your second question but that would just spoil it for you.

Lenny's search evolves, he's certainly not a one dimensional slack job like frank underwood. I hate that people compare this show to house of cards.

Jude Law is doing a great job hiding his accent, holy shit

>le redpill

The show will probably fly 15km above your head to be quite honest, try Westworld.

Fuck off you smug prick

I was just referring to the possibility that this show might not do the predictable thing where the religious conservative is inevitably portrayed as villainous or wrong.

No I see that.

In the beginning he was very cold and nearing the end of the season he actually assembled the domestic workers to say he loves them. And loads of other stuff that shows him showing compassion which you wouldn't expect during the beginning of the season. Now I drew the similarity to House of Cards because like Frank, Lenny has his own agenda.

What if it does? Will you have seizures while watching it? Just give it a chance and stop being so paranoid, dumbass.

Why did everyone want to fuck Dussolier?

youtu.be/Qgq5k2r68I4

His holy aura I believe, he was such a lawful good character.

No, it would simply be refreshing if it didn't play out in the manner that these kinds of stories usually do.

I'm going to watch it either way, but Jesus Christ, please try and and be less insufferable in the future

>you'll never hold a young sister mary in your loving embrace

kill me already

youtu.be/hForsHxKDPI

Just watched episode 6

when he flings that baby in the hospital room that was perhaps the most jarring scene I've ever seen in my life

The trailers that are released really show a house of cards kind of show. Also the first 2 episodes kinda give that impression. Luckily it isn't.

yup really clenched my anus when that happened.

>fling

He just let it slip, man.

what a faggot you turned out to be little one.

Oh I didn't watch those, I agree that it had a pretty down to earth start but I think this was raviolino's plan all along, have the show progress along its main character to a more divine objective.

The first time the intro comes in on episode 3 was some great shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=dPjW75fIbUo

I can't get into this show it feels like it's trying to be edgy as fuck I can smell it coming off the dialogue

I gasped audibly

It really isn't

Here is one of those trailers:
youtube.com/watch?v=adyK3EJHIbo

The soundtrack is fucking great in this series. I especially like it when this song comes on:
youtube.com/watch?v=oecHq2neweA

Makes me want to rewatch the whole series again.

Also this is a great one:

youtube.com/watch?v=K0qwGPpimic

The show markets itself, and begins as, an edgy show about an atheist pope and all the evil that goes on in the Vatican, but as it goes on it becomes the show that made me, and a good chunk of Sup Forums, want to be more religious.

It's the opposite of edgy actually, but we may have a different concept as to what edgy means. Maybe you're turned off by the show's particular aesthetics and story telling.

There's a list on spotify with the full soundtrack, awesome stuff.

Described really well the way I felt watching it. Its a shame its not discussed more often here. Has it aired in the U.S already?

Also that line in the last episode:

>"That goodness, unless it's combined with imagination, runs the risk of being mere exhibitionism."

Forgive the meme, really made me think and its hard for a tv show to achieve such thing.

Finally, the one I liked the most was Voiello, the actor portraying him was top notch all the time.

17th of january its going to air. I think we'll see more discussion threads after that date.

Voiello was /my guy/, /your guy/, /our guy/ and /the guy/

I want to rewatch it but I'm waiting for the US airdate precisely because I want more discussion.

Think I'll join you. I kinda hate myself for binge watching it.

Voiello was based, not quite as based as Gutierrez tho

The opening alone is one of the greatest.
youtube.com/watch?v=2btMNaFmYZk

Last two episodes truly are amazing, as an user stated above. Show in general is really good but those really take the cake.

episode 9 seems really bizarre compared to the entire show, maybe it's intentional since it doesn't feature the pope and it takes place "in the real world" (a way of showing how crazy the world is to the people of the vatican maybe).
the acting was kinda over the top, especially by the gay kid and kurtwell, kinda like they didn't do many takes or a second unit director directed it or something. don't know something felt off about it although i still liked it and loved the show.

>when the Pope winks at me

No, it would just be a waste of time watching cliche writing, and I'm guessing most people don't enjoy wasting time

Y U N G

P O P E

Speaking of Kurtwell: which version of his story was true? The one about his family apartment.

With it being HBO and based on the pope, I'm guessing the go all edgy with it. Does the pope like kill people or have gay orgies or something?

How can it be HBO but not aired in the US? Or did it leak on torrents having already been seen by critics?

The Young Pope, the first TV series by Paolo Sorrentino, was produced by Fausto Brizzi, Lorenzo Mieli e Mario Gianani, together with the French company Haut et Court TV and the Spanish company Mediapro. The project was financed by Sky, Canal+ e HBO, which contributed 40 million euros, with part of the money coming from the European Regional Development Fund.

HBO isn't the main producer.

Did he have different stories? I forgot. I imagine the discrepancy is just there to really cement that he's a slimy fuck.

>Will you have seizures while watching it?
No, I'll just stop watching it because it's cliche trash.

Are you autistic?

As I already said up above, it starts with the Pope being a huge dick to everybody, and it sells itself as a show that will display all the evils that go on in the Vatican and how religion is bad, but as the show goes on it evolves, and the Pope evolves, and by the end the show is pretty pro-religion and we always get Anons in TYP threads talking about how the show made them want to be more religious or at least less anti-theist.

Watch it. the start is pretty edgy, especially the very first scene that's supposed to hook you in, but it evolves past that.

The first time he tells it to Gutierrez and he says the landlord was nice and told him the back of the train stuff, the second time he tells Lenny the guy molested him.

This t b h. I would watch at least the first five episodes. If you don't like that show at that point then you probably won't later.

originally he describes the guy being very kind, shaking his hand etc. but later he describes him as basically a psychopath who rapes him.

I thought he might've made the latter version up to cheat the Pope.

This.

Means good cinematography

In his first adress he denounces abortion, sex before marriage, homosexuality, and a bunch of other stuff, he also tells the people that they don't deserve him.

He tells his assistant that as a kid the apartment manager arrived when his parents were out and told him that the rent was going up (and his family would have to leave), but later he tells the pope that he was "actually" sexually abused by the apartment manager when he was alone at the house

But you're probably right, I personally think it's meant to be ambiguous (though given his actions he was probably just trying to manipulate the pope, given the Church's sex abuse scandals historically)

ok so this isn't hot garbage like The Borgias then?

You can't compare it. It's a pretty unique show no soap opera shit going on.

Watch it and find out. Or don't if you're exclusively expecting some "LOL DEUS VULT" stuff.

alright

Not at all. The most obviously immoral thing the Pope does is getting a priest to reveal the cardinals' confessions, irl the seal of confession can't be broken for any reason

And whatever happened to the guy with the stigmata healing people.

I never watched it with subtitles, what was the guy with the stigmata talking about? Was the "inquisition" scene real?

It was real, the police investigator that comes to talk to Voiello mentions that the goat-guy told his family about it.

Voiello hints that he's locked in a monastery.

we don't know, Voiello couldn't even thell the crippled kid

You watched the whole season without subtitles? wow...

So they must be playing him and the church off as a villain, at least for the start, because he calls all "those nasty things" evil

So were the "miracles" real?

Yes.

Friendly reminder the Viello is the best character.

Was he dare i say /our/ guy?

Him and Cardinal Gutierrez were amazing characters, the whole show was fantastic and there was so much actual character development unlike most shows.

>those comments
I don't know why people are getting so butthurt

So if he clearly performed the miracles, why was he doubting God so much? Did he think what he did was a coincidence?

He doesn't believe in god because he still hasn't found his parents.

>I'd rather assume the show is bad and incompatible with my edgy juvenile political agenda, than actually watch an episode or two and make up an actually informed opinion.

This awful board doesn't deserve TYP. Delete this thread.

Why did he care so much about that slut that was trying to double cuck her husband with him? Was she supposed to be his Mary Magdalene?

Miracles don't necessarily inspire faith since somebody can always doubt them. There's a relevant quote by Dostoevsky that goes "In the realist, faith is not born from miracles, but miracles from faith."

youtube.com/watch?v=QJF13nTR_lA

she was the only one who liked his homily lel