tombakerofficial.com/december-2010-issue-429/
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Bill
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Transgendered_Companion
twitter.com/Ruther2/status/817638006152695808/photo/1
youtube.com/watch?v=rkpgJ3n88jY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Irving Braxiatel.

>tfw bae turns into a shadowkin

>tfw after impersonating a baddie undercover, Captain Yates fucking turns into an evil conspirator who tries to wipe out almost all of humanity in his next fucking appearance

What in the cunt. Did he just decide he wanted to move on, and asked for a chance to play a baddy before he left?

Nice

first for I headcanon that "irving" is just a name he added when disguised on earth to fit the first name - last name format of humans, and that he's actually just called braxiatel

>tfw there are two Braxiatels in Benny and Gallifrey!Brax calls himself Irving to distinguish himself from the mean one.

I like to think that Irving is a cool gallifreyan name
because that's my name too

Cool.

Oh man it's not a fucking meme Gareth is legitmately decimating all bridges

Your name is a cool name user.

he's said much worse stuff than this

Just rewatched the end of A Good Man Goes to War and I don't know what he's talking about. Granted, it could be because I don't know who Gary Howerd is.

I mean Frankie Howerd.

Isn't A Good Man the one where baby River is a ganger and like melts from Amy's arms while she's being cradled?

yeh

Christ what a shit ep, Gareth wasn't wrong

Just found out that N8 won his battle to get Faction Paradox accepted on the TARDIS wikia. (tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:208233) Ya done good m8.

What was his argument? Because a lot of it is obviously a separate canon to Doctor Who.

Apparently, many of the authors actually think that it's part of one canon.

The post is fuckhuge but you can read it here tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:206566

Basically authorial intent (Philip Purser-Hallard and Stuart Douglas were on the talk page to confirm that all their stuff was intended in the regular Who 'verse) and the fact that a lot of stuff crosses over like the Cwejen.

>the cliffhanger at the end of Death to the Daleks 3

Muh fucking sides, was not prepared

Can anyone explain what happened with Gareth Roberts?

No one knows. He just started talking shit about Moffat Who since series 9, presumably they had some sort of falling out.

>Who will never be this comfy again
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vu1C1Wmj3Xc

Contemporaneously the comfiest and scariest era

Some episodes are like riding on a cloud of cotton candy, and some are as if the deepest recesses of your mind have been breached by a shadow of pure darkness.

Well it's not like the rest of the Doctor Who canon is in any way consistent. It's also obvious, for example, that the EDAs take place in a separate canon from NuWho. The Nuwho Doctor never mentioned that OTHER time he destroyed Gallifrey in a Time War. Hell, Terrance Dicks novels almost have their own canon separate from the other novels.

>what should I wear to this family's Christmas dinner?
>a suit and tie should be fine

Why do we even bother with a Doctor Who canon?
>time can be rewritten
AND SOMETHING'S ONLY A FIXED POINT IF IT'S BEEN REFERENCED BY ANOTHER WORK

My personal headcanon is that the EDA time war and the TV/Hurt audio/Seasons of War one are aspects of the same War, which because it's all about timelines and rival versions of history anyway can kind of accommodate both. It's just that the Hurt version of "destroy Gallifrey with a big button" became the basis for how time re-solidified into NuWho on the other side (you can read this as a meta thing too, with all the Wilderness Years bickering, fanwank, and people like John Peel going all retcon-happy representing the War for History (aka canon)). And all the different hinted versions of the Enemy (something humans might become, a "new version of history", Whale King, etc) just collapsed into the simpler "it woz all Daleks" timeline.

Of course, the nifty thing about the War is it's all surreal and "wibbly-wobbly" enough to make any theory work if you really want it to :^)

>to make any theory work
Exactly. If you listen to Hurt's audios, they make it explicit that entire civilizations just blink in and out of existence. Any number of crazy things could've gone down that we'll never know about.

This is basically the approach the /who/ wiki takes too.

Also, for the guy last thread who wanted the link to the creepy Tom Baker interview:

tombakerofficial.com/december-2010-issue-429/

>He leans forward to catch my eye, and asks rhetorically, but rather menacingly: “If you, Ben, were alone on a station platform late at night, something would happen to you, wouldn’t it? It may not be nice, but something would happen to you. Someone would want to steal you, steal what you’ve got, because to be young and beautiful is to be touched with the divine.”

because of the implication

Canon Bubbles

A derivative of two-way canoning - every set of episodes that reference each other exist in its own separate "Canon Bubble" - a network of stories that are internally canon to each other. Stories are linked to each other via a chain caused by references. An entire, self-enclosed cluster of episodes linked together via references is what's referred to as a Canon Bubble.

Multiple isolated canon bubbles exist simultaneously - so one serial that is canon to another specific serial may not be canon to a different specific serial, if they exist in separate bubbles. If one serial makes references to stories from multiple different canon bubbles, these bubbles collide to form a larger bubble. In this event, all stories inside each of the different colliding bubbles are thereon considered canon to all other stories inside the new larger bubble.

The .25 seconds where the season 18 scarf is on screen makes me so happy.

>original composition with vocals
>soundtrack version has different vocals
why?

>Cushing-style CG recreation on a BBC budget

"Yes, it all started out as a mild curiosity in a junkyard, and now it's turned out to be quite a, quite a great spirit of adventure, don't you think?"

Happy Birthday to William Hartnell, born January 8, 1908. He saw the Titanic fall, the world turn to war — twice — and one of the world's greatest economies crash.
And he spearheaded one of the greatest stories ever told.
Take a moment today to stop and think about him, and how big a role he's played in your life.
Thank you, Bill, for your talent, for Doctor Who, and for letting children feel like adults, and for letting adults feel like children, now and again.

Good post.

>And he spearheaded one of the greatest stories ever told.
which story is that?

Haha love the recreation they did for the Christmas special

Doctor Who you silly goose.

oh my bad, when you said "one of the greatest stories ever told" I didn't realize you were being ironic

Does The Master enjoy his new body as Missy? It seems like he's as springy as a school girl.

>he

kek

Carry on sergeant

Post Billy's

Didn't Davies say the EDAs were the reason he called it "The Last Great Time War"?

Marigold realised he could get based Neil Hannon and never looked back.

Is Danny one of the most honorable characters of NuWho?

Here's a high-res photo from one of Hartnell's best performances, The Massacre. It's a shame we'll probably never see it.

oh nice, that's the best quality ive ever seen that image in

Why does the First Doctor make me think of Ebenezer Scrooge?

Doctor Who really has a story with wigs

No. Because he didn't follow the green cross code that he teaches school kids.

Hey /who/ I just had a dream about Christmas vacation being over and me going back to uni. Before I left I watched a Spanish dub of a show that I like and found it hilarious, but one character was randomly still speaking English. When I went to school I missed some classes and got bullied by girls who I had to fight, but then one of them asked me to lunch. I cautiously accepted but I never found out her intentions because first I had to go get some stuff form my car. I looked at my new schedule on my laptop, which looked really weird and different, to confirm that I had indeed missed some classes. Then I was attacked by ninjas for my nachos that were like some really good nachos I had this morning. I managed to escape with my life and my nachos but they killed the cheese merchant who sold me out for lacking honor and that's about when I woke up. None of this is made up, I really dreamed all of it. Here's a rare Hartnell to make this post /who/ related. I'm going back to bed now it's 5 AM here and I'm sick. I just wanted to share that with you all, sorry if this is shitposting.

I drew this

It's almost like he's an alien space wizard who doesn't know Superman is Clark Kent, isn't it?

Based Bonnie is the only saving grace of Zygon Invasion. Prove me wrong.

Thanks for sharing. You're a nice trip.

Why does NuWho have an epic soundtrack? I want to own it all on optical storage.

I support a transgender companion.

This reminds me. How come the wiki says that Bill is the first transgender companion? I thought that honor belonged to Jamie?

Also, Bill is unattractive?

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Bill
> According to plebs we might be getting one in 2017.
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Transgendered_Companion

The name is probably just some humor from The Doctor. Her actual name is most likely Billy or Billie. Much like Billie Piper who portrayed Bad Wolf.

Memeing aside it would be interesting to have a transgender companion if you explored that aspect of their personality. e.g. how it affects their family/life etc. Just having a token transgender companion would be a wasted opportunity but with a well-written one you could certainly tell a unique story.

Like having them nearly become a cyberman almost completely removing their humanity which makes them further discover who they are as a person?

Wait, I forgot, I am suppose to tell you to get the fuck back to Tumblr.

Should Sean Pertwee become the 13th Doctor, /who/?

I invented Doctor Who

Sure you did, Syntax.

twitter.com/Ruther2/status/817638006152695808/photo/1

Self-Indulgent Mind Palace Fuckery tonight at 9. BRAVO MOFFAT

Given whoever wrote that thought the Gatiss episode was "magnificent", I'm going to take their opinions with a pinch of salt.
Mind fuckery is what Moffat is best at though.

Would be GOAT, but Sean has stated that he never will cos he would feel like he's nicking his Dad's role.

Do you guys ever dream about the show? Last night I dreamt about a new reboot of the production, I guess when Chibnall takes over. The Tardis was redesigned more like the original white and grey look, although more glossy and shiny. It also had a circular corridor around the console room which the front door opened into, and then had four archways to go inside, one for each cardinal direction. I don't know who played the doctor but he was young again with dark hair, but shared the hobo look that 12 sometimes has. The companions were a couple and their teenage son. The story which took place in the dream was something about a base in the English countryside which grew Aliens using cells they found on a meteorite, I can't remember why, maybe to use as beasts of burden or soliders or something.

I had a nightmare that Chris Chibnall was announced to replace Moffat as showrunner.

that and the speech at the end

Thanks famalam

youtube.com/watch?v=rkpgJ3n88jY

Something pretty big must've happened behind the scenes for Gareth to turn to the dark side like this.

I bet Sue Vertue insulted Margaret Thatcher at the BBC writers Christmas party and Gareth called her a whore so Moffat ERASED him and forced Gatiss to write that last Sherlock ep to spite him.

Trips confirm.

Also, that's made me realise you never see Gareth being interviewed on those 'behind the scenes' shows. Like, Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor.
They basically interviewed everyone.
Where was Gareth?
What has happened to Gareth Roberts?

Gareth is an AI construct that rebelled against BBC recently.

But there were a father and son before. Colin and Tom Baker.

And they even snuck their uncle Bob into the writing staff

Das ist Herr Roberts!

Why do I wish to be Clara Oswald when I am a straight biological male currently seeing a Doctor for gender issues?

Because you're fucking mental.

DOCTOR: Stop it.
MASTER: Sliced. Sliced. Sliced.
DOCTOR: Stop it.
MASTER: It's mine. It's mine. It's mine to eat and eat and eat.

Dialogue from BAFTA award winner and Oxford graduate, Russell T Davies.

The transgender comments will be here for the end of /who/. They are the timeless ones who are committed to promoting their shitty shtick until they are the only replies to the OP. When that day comes, it is only a matter of time before they get bored and leave to ensure the true death of the /who/verse.

You seem triggered.

Because you are seriously mentally ill, cloister.

>cloister
Nice salty reply.

What does that mean, cloister?

It means you are clearly triggered.

Nice meme, clapper

Triggered? What do you mean? You asked a question and someone gave the correct answer.
What does this salty/triggered gibberish really mean, cloister?

> implying I am the one who asked the question
You seem upset, Anonymous.

That's Gay......!

Hopes for 12's regeneration:

He doesn't regenerate in the TARDIS
There's a new effect
the 13th Doctor doesn't make a shitty comment about their anatomy