Have they jumped the shark?

Why are they making ironic follow up videos to their Rogue One review?

Is it damage control? Have they lost it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TOgtj00Rp8s
youtube.com/watch?v=JyDSqWyEMWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They lost it last year when Saganfan1983 blew them the fuck out

No. Keep being butthurt that they blew your favourite star wars movie the fuck out.

Rogue One is a movie set weeks before A New Hope.

Now the empire uses star destroyers as it's their primary vessel
The empire has ATATs just as nazis had panzers in every front or USA has Abrahms in all bases
The rebels had the same helmets cause that was the standard alderaan trooper
The rebels use the Tantive cause it's the same ship we see in the opening of A new Hope
Vader appears cause in ANH that Moff tells him his religion has not help him retrieve the plans so we understand Vader has been looking for them and using the force to get them
The Death Star had to be the same as in the New Hope as it's the same fucking station yet we see it shooting a smaller but still highly damaging beam wich is great
We see Xwings and Ywings cause again it's set a month before ANH and those were the rebel starfighters

How exactly is this fanservice?
Why would a movie set before A New Hope and telling how did they get the plans be any different?
You could say the movie them in itself is fanservice cause there was no need to tell how they get the plans but that's like the whole point of the movie.
Disney paid a lot so they make movies to win shekels, is not that complicated.

it's funny

Meanwhile in The Force Awakens, wich is set 30 or 40 years after ROTJ we see XWINGS again
TIE FIGHTERS again, A DEATH STAR again but this time much more hyped and stupid one
Leia again, The Millenium Falcon again, the Tatooine look alike planet again
The jungle planet again, the cantina again, the droid with the plans again...

In Rogue One all the characters were original, the only that wasn't was Mon Mothma, Tarkin, Leia and Organa but one is the leader of the Rebels, the other runs the Death Star and Organa is the father of Leia she talks in ANH so there's a reason to show them
In TFA we don't even see the New Republic fleet as all of them are in the same planet for some reason.
And while the New Republic has thousands of systems and the First Orders only one let's make the Resistance so the good guys are still a small group so they are the undedogs just like ANH

So I ask again, how is R1 more fanservice than TFA?

Stop watching reviewers.

but it's better than watching movies. I didn't watch a single new movie in 2016, but I watched cumulative hours of movie reviews.

>AT-AT
They aren't AT-ATs though, they're ACTs which are totally different

Stop arguing with me.

Yeah, I'm really not getting why they're obsessing so hard over this. A slow month for movies aside from Rogue One, I guess.

Do YouTubers themselves make these threads just so they can try and wrangle a few extra views? I literally don't know anyone that actually watches "YouTube Reviews"

It's either going out and seeing a bunch of "Fuck You, It's January!" movies and trying to wring some entertaining content out of them or dwell on Rogue One while people still care about it.

cause nothing special have come out and they have to keep the youtube money rolling in

>people still mad and talking about it
>they keep making videos
>free money
>you're still mad
>they're still right

kek

Ey?

They're milking it for ad revenue.

let me get this straight.

Mike calling people out for disagreeing with him ISN'T butthurt.

-BUT-

Anons calling Mike out IS butthurt.

??????????

REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY makes one ponder about the mentality of Red Cuck Media drones.

You aren't disagreeing with him. You're wrong and throwing a tantrum.

Mike please.

What happened?

No. :)

it's okay if you act like an annoying clown and say the opposite of what you mean as long as you do it ironically and sarcastically

Funny that people are acting as if they haven't done this before because they know they get high views for it. Same thing they did with Ghostbusters and other Star Wars shit.

Its okay that people who you obviously don't like don't agree with your opinion about a shit flick.

Right?

Yeah.

Honestly, I don't really have any problem with it. They gotta get paid, and milking haters is a good way to make that money.

They're doing it because it's fun, amusing, and it pisses off fanboys like you.

my criticism was about RLM in general
I haven't even seen the movie
nice strawmanning though

yesterday there was 20 starwars pages aroun 10:30est in the morning, and 6 rlm pages. there doing a fine job if u ask me, I wouldn't mind thrice more rogue one videos, we need one with rogue one footage and nothing but static and/or rich evan's laugh.

>thrice

I will not

also before anyone points it out I recognize the hypocritical nature of my comment sarcastically approving of sarcasm

I was highlighting how little effort sarcasm takes, and that RLM's main schtick and has been for years

I really stopped caring about Star Wars because Im one of those autistic manchildren who liked the franchise because of the EU but I have to take this bait.

TFA is a soft reboot, it can stand on its own and can be a starting point for more movies and other kinds of cash ins.

Rogue One is literally a fan service that cant stand on its own as good as TFA or a typical spin-off movie. Just look at all your points about Rogue one and then your nitpicks about TFA.

Fucking dumb 3rd worlders trying to be clever and spamming shit without thinking for at least 5 seconds.

>it can stand on it's own.
>needing ANH ripoff with terrible characters and a story that makes just as much sense as AoTC is what star wars needed.
You might want to go back.

>Have they jumped the shark?
Sure.

The TFA review was shit. They jumped that. They even insulted TR-8R and ignored the part where Han had apparently never used Chewie's bowcaster before, which didn't make sense for him to use it anyways because Chewie was doing just fine using it himself.

The humor itself is still okay even though it is less edgy than it was previously, but I'm not gonna fault them for being inconsistent over a multi-year period.

It is their opinions that are wrong.

>ignored the part where Han had apparently never used Chewie's bowcaster before
OMG PLOTHOLE!
Seriously why would they even bring that up? Why is that such an erroneous problem?

>liked the EU
>like TFA
yeah sure pal
>TFA is a soft reboot
>it can stand on its own
Holy fuck you are trolling right?
>nitpicks about TFA.
I haven't even start
A remnant of the empire digged a whole planet and makes a beam that can cross the galaxy in a minute but it travels slow enough for all to see
All planets see each other
You can enter its shield at lightspeed
It can't move but it has to absorv a whole star to shoot twice
so basically it can only shoot twice
"nitpicks"

it's a bigger plothole than some of the omg prequels plotholes of rlm
Liking the copy of ANH that TFA is and then hating R1 cause it's fanservice is fucking retarded.

Oh so you don't understand what a plothole is. Got it.

>A remnant of the empire digged a whole planet and makes a beam that can cross the galaxy in a minute but it travels slow enough for all to see
>All planets see each other
>You can enter its shield at lightspeed
>It can't move but it has to absorv a whole star to shoot twice
>so basically it can only shoot twice
these are plotholes
R1 hasn't any

>You can enter its shield at lightspeed
This one doesn't bother me because it is risk/reward even if plot armor and nanosecond coordination between main characters.

The whole watching 5? planets blow up from the surface of some other planet in real time was just lazy. Hell, blowing up 5 planets for its srs time didn't make any sense.

I can see why the first order might want to blow up planets, but they didn't even really take credit, there was no holonet transmission at the cantina.

>This one doesn't bother me because it is risk/reward even if plot armor and nanosecond coordination between main characters.
it makes the whole endor battle pointless

I don't care about the fanservice arguements.

I prefered TFA marginally just from a viewing experience, both were pretty shit though.

Why do they feel so entitled to shit all over every single film they """review""" despite Space Cop being an abject failure on every level? If that was me I'd just shoot myself from the embarrassment. What losers lol.

Apart from the fact Jinn told everyone abou the death star but in ANH no one knew about the Death Star

They get to shit on fanboy autists while simultaneously raking in views. And then a few months or a year down the line Mr. Plinkett will make a full review and create even more butthurt. Rogue One is the gift that keeps on giving.

>lost it

They're critics, they never had it.

What do you mean no one know?
Are you sure?

youtube.com/watch?v=TOgtj00Rp8s

>in ANH no one knew about the Death Star
thats not true, Rebels did

I agree with your posts but I should mention that Threepio was also in Rogue One, as well as Ponda Baba and Cornelius Evazan. I would consider those cameos to be fanservice.

Oh, and I almost forgot but Saw Gerrera was a character from Clone Wars so that's fanservice for the hardcore fans, the ones who know that Darth Maul is canonically still alive.

Why do you feel so entitled to comment on their reviews? Where is your successful youtube review series?

those are just cameos of 10 seconds
that's not fanservice
fanservice was to put c3po and r2d2 in the prequels

Why? A combination of getting trolled by youtube comments, and a desire to continue the dialogue and expound on points he feels he/they missed in his original work.

Rogue One was bretty bad, the story was really retarded, the characters were unlikable (except for the robot). The final mission, which they embarked on with a small force because the council of rebels or whatever were divided, was ultimately turned into an ultra shit show BECAUSE the rest of the rebels decided to show up and "help" by drawing attention to a covert ops mission.
That part was completely retarded and pretty much ruined an already meh story up to that point.

They thought they were the foremost authority on Star Wars and now that the majority of their fans are finally waking up and disagreeing with their wrong opinions they can't handle it.

>non force users say "may the force be with you."

interesting, the semi-religious nature of it

This is what happened. Believe it or not, I dont care.

RLM was among the many influential "faces" that got payed by Disney to shill for TFA in a campaign for extreme damage control (which succeeded)

RLM then praised the movie even though it's shit, and because Rogue One is so different, they now feel the need to shit on it to defend their stance on TFA. This is also because TFA is a much bigger deal than RO, so shitting on RO would bring legitimacy to their bribed review of TFA. Or so they thought.

IN reality they've been payed to shill more than once. It's very noticeable in the recent mega productions that have been shit but they liked.

Now fans are getting suspicious and they're (RLM) trying their hardest to damage control for their Rogue One review. Not because RO is important in itself, but because it's the gate that would uncover all the other paid shillings.

Screencap this if you want to save it for posterity.

THEY ARE MAKING ALL THIS VIDEOS BECAUSE THEY KEEP GETTING BACKLASH ABOUT THEIR NEGATIVE VIEWS OF ROGUE ONE.

THEY MADE A PLINKETT VIDEO TO TRY TO EXPLAIN THEMSELVES BETTER. THEN THEY MADE ANOTHER PLINKETT VIDEO TO RESPOND TO THE CRITIQUES OF THEIR FIRST VIDEO. THEN THEY MADE THIS NEW ONE TO RESPOND TO THE NERD-BLOGGER TYPES WHO PRAISED ROGUE ONE AND SAID RLM WERE LOOKING TOO DEEPLY INTO IT.

keep up people

This is a new level of autism.

I'm loving how worked up Sup Forums is getting over these RLM videos. Shitposting potential is at record highs and everything is high energy as fuck.

They're in panic mode

It's pathetic.

RLM is dying fast. Soon it will transform in your average reddit vlogger youtube shit everyone else is.

Smiliar to what AngryJoe has become with time

Oh shit

>RLM is dying fast

Every episode they put out from now on will be about Rogue One. They can't help themselves.

Jack is mainly responsible for Mike jumping the shark. I can't believe he's made you read my "review" of Reddit Letter Media

>posting in a friend simulator thread
>idolizing an aging group of youtube vloggers from Milwaukee
>he gives his real-life "friends" money every month

Rich
>an unemployed construction worker, the trick monkey fraud of the group. knows two tricks: forced laughter and becoming violent. brava, rich! brava!

Jack
>a failed viral marketer with an ugly wife and children with terrible names ('myson packard?'). he knows he's the least popular cast member and desperately tries to fit in by making fun of reddit on stream

Mike
>an over-the-hill "director" weighed down by his talentless friends. only makes "ironically bad" videos because they're immune to criticism. his latest production 'Space Cop' has exposed him as a fraud and proved a spiritual and economic disaster. he will eventually go the route of orson welles, balloon up to 500 pounds and die at the ripe age of 50.

Jesse
>the curdling definition of a parasite. ditters on her phone while the men do all the hard work. got caught buying jewelry with actual Patreon money.

Jay
>the only cast member showing any self-improvement or growth. still has a long way to go, but has already outgrown RLM.

I like how Reddit Letter Media is a company founded upon criticism, insulting and berating others and their works, but HEAVEN FORBID that anyone criticize them! They'll even ban you from their stream if they catch a whiff of dissatisfaction. It's amazing how creatively lazy the group has become. They were better when they were a starving group. Now they can sit on their fat asses, drink beer and make fart jokes while you throw money at the screen. Amazing.

>people legitimately take other people's opinions this seriously instead of just watching it for enjoyment

hpargarap tsal eht yllaicepse ,"weiver" siht detufer yllufsseccus REVE sah enord kcuc MLR elgnis a ton wfm

I like RLM and I agree with this. Their videos are fun to watch but from any other viewpoint they're pretty pathetic individuals

Giving Rogue One this much attention is just showing how much they truely enjoyed it. RLM is fighting a losing battle within themselves to hate on this movie.

Rogue One was a very enjoyable movie for Star Wars fans. RLM are Star Wars fans and it upsets them.

I cant hate on Jack since previously recorded is a good show, often more interesting than HITB

I do hate that fat neckbeard SJW on best of the worst though

the "nerd talk" or whatever podcast satire was pretty good tho

its less about Rogue One and more about retarded fanboys and people who profit off retarded fanboys

You don't understand. They're not mad that the movie used the same props as A New Hope, they're mad that the movie exists at all. It makes sense for the rebels to use the same things as the rebels in IV given the nature of the story, but the believe that this story should never have been told at all. They want something new, like a biggerer and badderer Death Star and Luke-but-without-all-his-faults and rehashed trench runs and other new things brilliantly introduced in TFA, which is a much better and wholly original film.

anyone wish that nerd talk was a real podcast? I thought it was pretty good. i could get used to an rlm that was nerd talk plus pre rec.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>prequel babbies BTFO
>Disney babbies BTFO
>lol y us so butthurt

top kek, based RLM does it again

>Giving Rogue One this much attention is just showing how much they truely enjoyed it.
So by that logic, Sup Forums actually likes blacks and other minorities in movies, since this place bitches about it constantly.

>nerd talk
i ment nerd crew

Nice repost.

Everyone on this board avidly watches youtube reviews and prattles on about them endlessly, stop pretending you aren't one of us senpai.

>RLM was among the many influential "faces" that got payed by Disney to shill for TFA in a campaign for extreme damage control (which succeeded)
>Screencap this if you want to save it for posterity.

Wow what an insightful theory you have, certainly nothing people around here have been saying since day 1
You ARE right though

go the fuck back to plebbit you nigger shill

I can see where you're coming from but at the time TFA was enjoyable about a week after seeing it. So their review is understandable

RLM have always been the half-informed opinions of a pleb, a normalfag, and a crackbaby.

I'll leave it to you to decide which is which.

I think they're just trying something new. Why not. Do you have a problem with change, OP?

Rich is clearly the normalfag. Just look at him, the chad bastard

>Is it damage control?
How in the fuck could anyone interpret it as damage control? A bunch of people were pissy that they didn't like the new Star Wars movie, so RLM proceeded to make multiple videos directly insulting those people that were already mad at them. It's like the exact opposite of damage control.

it's ironically bad damage control

everything RLM does is ironic and lol so bad it's good XD

this includes poking the hornet's nest aka the internet

it's attention grabbing, and any publicity is good publicity

viral marketing 101

youtube.com/watch?v=JyDSqWyEMWw

love from patreon

>I routinely visit a site where the people get this upset over youtube reviewers disliking a film they like

guess i'm retarded

I kinda hated the two Plinkett videos but that fucking podcast was brilliant
>Also, I'd like to thank our other sponsor, Nerd Box
Fucking lost it

I'm LOVING all the butthurt pol neckbeards itt. Truth hurts, eh?

The difference is that you're a wookiepedia autist treating Star Wars as a documentary, while RLM are (semi) well-adjusted people who like Star Wars as a film series

Rogue One has no reason for being besides explaining the first two sentences of ANH's opening crawl, which is a real shallow reason to make a movie. All you can fall back on is "MUH TIMELINE" which only autists care about

>it's ironically bad damage control
Jesus Christ you faggots are tripping over yourselves to find things to complain about, regardless of how little sense you make.

Delete this. This is for patrons only. Seriously.

Jealous of they're success, Sup Forums?

>Jealous of they are

Faggot.

The problem isn't so much that they trashed Rogue One. It's that it created a context that discredits like 99% of their prior reviews where they give passing grades to movies that were way worse and also didn't need to exist. They are hypocrites. We gave them a pass for it because they were always laughing with us, but it's hard to look past their faults when they are laughing in our faces in obvious cash grabbing attempts to pull in a more cynical audience that hates everything.