I've been trained in your Jedi arts by count Dooku

>I've been trained in your Jedi arts by count Dooku

That's nice, George. But perhaps you could have shown us some of this training, rather than having Grievous simply tell us?

Or how about any interaction between Dooku and Grievous at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PKgv6xyY5MM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

please name ONE (1) movie that has NO exposition

i'll wait

>for 800 years have I trained Jedi, my own council will I keep, on who is to be trained

That's nice George, but perhaps you could have shown us some of the training, rather than having Yoda simply tell us

>I haven't felt you this tense since we fell into that nest of Gundarks.

That's nice, George. But perhaps you could have shown us some of these past times between Anakin and Obi-Wan instead of having Obi-wan simply tell us?

>I haven't pozzed this many Asian twink assholes since I was in the war.

That's nice, Raimi. But perhaps you could have shown us some of these twink assholes instead of having uncle Ben simply tell us?

Hey narrator could you shut the hell up and just show us?

>And he was the best star pilot in the galaxy, and a cunning warrior.

That's nice, George. But perhaps you could have shown us what made him single best star pilot in the entire galaxy and how he was cunning warrior instead of having obi-wan simply tell us?

>you father fought in Clone Wars

That's nice, George. But perhaps you could have shown us some of this fighting, rather than having Obi Wan simply tell us?

Or how about any footage of Clone Wars at all?

DUDE
U
D
E

CROSS
R
O
S
S

MEDIA
E
D
I
A

PROMO
R
O
M
O

LMAO
M
A
O

LOL ITS IN A CARTOON/BOOK/COMIC SO ITS OKAY TO HAVE BAD A BAD SCRIPT AND DIALOG LOL

Of all the things to complain about Grievous, this is what you choose?

>Master. That's General Grevious' ship, straight ahead.

That's nice, George. But perhaps you could have shown us who this General Grevious is and what he is doing, rather than having Anakin simply tell us?

Or how about any character building/previous conflicts with Grevious at all?

>see Grievous in the cartoon
>oh shit this guy kicks ass!
>hear he's going to be in Episode III
>oh shit this is going to kick ass!!
>they reveal he can split his 2 arms into 4 and use 4 lightsabers like a cyborg Shiva
>OH SHIT THIS IS GOING TO KICK SO MUCH FUCKING ASS!!!!!
>spend middle school math classes daydreaming of how cool it's going to be to watch Obi-Wan and Anakin (and maybe even Ki-Adi-Mundi and Mace Windu and Shaak Ti and co.) fight Grievous all at once in an extended fight sequence
>movie comes out
>Obi-Wan solos Grievous
>ten seconds later, Grievous loses two hands
>ten seconds later, he runs away
>my fucking face

I know one of you fags is going to go on about the EU explanation of Obi-Wan's fighting style being a 'perfect counter' to Grievous' (?!?) but what it really comes down to is Lucasfilm's laziness. Plain and simple.

Ridiculous statement.

KYS, kiddo.

>Obi-Wan's fighting style being a 'perfect counter' to Grievous'

This is what people say about the Anakin v Obi-Wan fight too. Some book somewhere says that Obi-Wan fights with some gay ass defensive fighting style, so he his a hard counter to Anakin.

Obi-Wan uses form III: Soresu, which is the best style for defense. Basically he just waits it out and waits for his opponent to make a mistake.

Fag.

>Obi-Wan uses form III: Soresu

Which movie tells us this?

So he watches his moments during aggressive opponents and strikes when he sees an opening.
Boohoo, git gud, scrubs.

I like how the lightsabers are floating in his hands.

Dear god, the cgi is bad even for early 2000s standards.

we will see the training in the upcoming stand alone trilogy, starting with "Grievous Begins" coming 2018 ("The Grevious Knight" and "The Grievous gets blasted with a blaster by ben kenoby" are coming in 2020 and 2022. "Grevious: Resurrection" is expected in 2025)

Oh you have autism. I see.

I'm so glad that the movies tell us this and that the EU books didn't have to write around it in an attempt to rationalize some shitty writing from George Lucas.

He's using the Force.

Man, just imagine if every instance of lazy filmmaking could be explained away by some ancillary bullshit in a book printed a year after the movie leaves theaters.

I don't think that's a valid complaint in the least. While "show, don't tell" is a good general guideline, it isn't a rule or a law. A movie can only show so much, and I'm not sure what taking time out of the movie to show Dooku training Grievous would add to the movie beyond bogging it down with something we don't really need. That movie wasn't about Grievous. He was a bit character. In truth, we don't need to see him train.

Seeing more of Anakin's training, on the other hand, would have been a good idea.

here you go OP