This is the greatest acting and directing in the history of film. Rather than short-circuit the immersion of cinema...

This is the greatest acting and directing in the history of film. Rather than short-circuit the immersion of cinema, the bizarre dialogue, surreal atmosphere, and unfathomable plot simply draw us in further.

The experience simply cannot be shared if you did not see it in cinemas -- as we enter the utterly outlandish world of CIA and Bane, it becomes clear that we, in fact, do not get to bring friends. This subversion of cinema is unprecedented -- as movie history disappears around us, it becomes a struggle to stay on the aircraft. For perhaps the first time in movie history, we are isolated. The cryptic nature of all happenings onscreen deconstruct the communal nature of film, the shattering of the "flight-plan," leaving us distrustful of our neighbor. What we cannot know frightens us, and the lack of consensus draws us into a solo game, a dialogue between movie and viewer. There is no longer an audience, simply another passenger. The world of the Dark Knight Rises is so unpredictable, so dangerous, so utterly compelling, that it's idiosyncrasies increase the veracity of its artifice, rather than undo it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gYYldiV8vW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is it art?

But did CIA die though

B R A V O
N O L A N

No, because Bane didn't shoot him first.

I hope the person who made this post burns in hell

I bet your head is hotter than hell

Have you ever noticed that during this shot, the view is angled such that the ground and the sky are perfectly even in the frame? What did Nolan mean by this? Let me tell you.

They're not balancing for CIA alone. Nolan is using natural symbolism to show the moral dichotomy between CIA and Bane. CIA's lofty aspirations towards achieving law, order and justice (the sky) are being challenged by the dirty reality of Bane's life in the shadows (the ground). At the beginning of the movie, of this divine confrontation, the forces are in balance but that quickly changes. Bane crashing CIA's plane, a physical metaphor for his principles, from Heaven to the Earth shows Bane's initial victory for darkness. Bruce Wayne therefore becomes the inheritor of CIA's spirit as he finds himself stuck in the Pit, a location deep within the Earth, where the light had been sent to die. But Batman overcomes that, rises from the Earth, and defeats Bane, and is last seen in his own plane, the same physical metaphor that CIA had. Whereas CIA was crashed to the Earth, Batman flew off into Heaven therefore showing that morality and justice still have a place in the world. CIA probably smiled down on him

youtu.be/gYYldiV8vW4

you're a big reddit

Nolan doesn't believe in outdated memes like the rule of thirds
He's literally inventing a new cinematic language
BRAVO

You lads ready for the prequel?

you think its just a routine mission, but then it hits you like a brick wall

BANE?

thats when you knew this fire was about to rise, and thats when i knew that cinematography will never get this perfect again

It transcends art

This is kino in its purest form

this actually makes sense to me

truly when kurosawa invented the word "kino", this is the motion picture he foresaw

Who the fuck is "Bruce Wayne"?

He appeared in the after credit scenes

Does he die?

People actually watched those? They went on forever!

It will be extremely painful.

I didn't know CIA employed death eaters under his command.

Can somebody shoop the cia man at .the Dunkirk mole?

maeks think

>bizarre
Is this a jojo reference?

In the original script Bane was supposed to snap his neck.
In the movie, his fate is left unclear.

>When I put on this mask, people will care who I am

POETRY

I thought his fate was quite clear

CIA can't work with angels. You gotta get down there in the mud with the hotheads if you're gonna bring down big guys.

sequel potential
>CIA: THE UNTOLD STORY
subtitle:
>you don't get to bring any friends

I'm partial to this one desu

>CIA is confirmed to be in Dunkirk as one of the pilots, seemingly confirming a mixed DC/Dunkirk universe

holy shit

Stop cutting out Hugh. Being on piss duty doesn't mean you can't be on the poster.

THE FIRE RISES

How did Bane ever fit that motorcycle helmet on his head with that mask on?

There are so many subtle references and allegories to Nietzschean philosophy in this short scene. Hotheads will never understand.

When Agent Wilson calls Bane a "big guy" he's clearly referencing him as the Übermensch, while himself indulges in slave morality represented by the authoritarian institution that is Central Intelligence Agency. Note how Wilson never references himself as his real name. There is no individuality in him, only CIA. The essence of slave morality (represented as the "flight plan", opposed to master morality - the "master plan") is utility: the good is what is most useful for the whole community, not the strong. But he does not see beyond initial good and evil.

Also prior to the scene, Wilson shoots out of the plane without actually killing anyone. He does so out of misguided anger, furious that neither faith in god nor scientific knowledge has not given him the rest or respite he desires. At the same time, CIA shooting the sky symbolizes the death of God as a source of morality for people, leading to the unhooding of Bane, the Übermensch.

When Bane crashes the plane with no survivors, he's crashing the entire worldview based on slave morality. He's crashing old thoughts and institutions such as religions (Christianity for example). He's crashing secular humanism. He's crashing herd mentality. He's crashing even himself, as he overcomes his former self to become the over-man. In this crash, a fire rises in the wreckage - the triumph of "life" over "logic"

Then, in the end Bane reminds Dr. Pavel that "Now is not the time for fear, that comes later!" The world is necessarily moved in a cycle, endlessly repeating all past events due to finite amount of matter and infinite amount of time. In this eternal recurrence, the plane crash will repeat - again and again.

But if life triumphs over logic, the only meaning is life then is the will to power, that means the big guy will always be in charge here.

Bravo Nolan.

>CIA=literal spook

here's the drink i brought to NYE

Dr Carmack I'm UAC

Was CIA based on a real person?

Is he gonna crash that plane?

Yes, but this time it's with survivors. This shows how BANE's character progresses between the movies.

lmao what a gay voice