RIP Adult Swim

Let's be real. Adult Swim is done. They've been on a downward spiral for years. Their golden years were from 2001 to 2008, but they still had a decent lineup until about 2011. Their ratings are tanking, they're only producing garbage, and their nightly schedule is absolute shit crowded with FOX reruns and Robot Chicken.Even the fact that they're airing Space Ghost, Birdman, Brak, Sealab, and Venture Bros. can't save them. Hopefully the ATT&T-Time Warner merger will end up dissolving them.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/78121939/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AS died when they cancelled MDE: World Peace. Fuck them.

This.

Yeah total fucking pussies if they cave to pressure like that.

this. Not that Adult Swim was ever good, but they had they're one shot at being half decent and blew it.

Thoughts and prayers to the manbabies in this darkest hours.

Who the fuck still watches cable tv? Especially in the middle of the night while stoned, when you can just watch the shit on youtube without comercials.

Calm down, Sam.

>wanting edgelord live action shows on adultswim

they started dying the moment they started playing shows that where not cartoons.

DUDE UNEMPLOYMENT LMAO

While I mostly agree with you MDE World Peace was an exception.

this. Tom Goes to the Mayor was fine, but anything Tim and Eric and their ilk have done afterwards is straight garbage.

was it though? I'm not just trying to disagree here but how did it separate it's self from the typical crap that has gotten air time?

I think that's a whole other fight. Adult Swim has always been about playing avant garde shit that wouldn't last or exist anywhere else. Sure, everything was cartoon at first but you're arguing for more or a purist viewpoint while we're talking about quality.

Reminder that people like the fans from Sup Forums are the real reason the show is off the air. It was the nods to those people that crossed the line

He thinks it's better because it agrees with his world view. He doesn't like things based on quality.

If you don't get it, you don't get it.

rick and morty is their saving grace

And it still sucks

that's objectively not true, please stop with your edginess.

Eric Andre is breddy gud

I saw a few eps of mde and it was just stupid, not funny.

Not as long as season two is on the way...

wrong

>muh health insurance
>muh conspiracy
fuck off, Sam.

Why do people here like MDE? It's just Tim and Eric-tier "I'm smarter than you and that's why you don't think my show is funny" autistic shit trying to pass off as comedy.

Delocated>JGLG>>>Neon Joe

There, I said it.

hey sam.

Lmao jfc Sam, let it go. Your show sucked, anyone would've cancelled that unfunny mess

>Why do people here like MDE?
Sup Forums
The show was just not funny and was trying way too hard to appeal to the Sup Forums crowd and look like it had some hidden messages under all the shit

It didn't and Sam got cucked and fucked like the little bitch he is

He's red-fucking pilled! He'll hang you shills with the Jews on the day of the rope! HEIL TRUMP!

I liked it because there was somewhat of a point to it rather than just dude lol I'm yelling and breaking things.
I also thought it was really funny.

The Eric Andre Show is past it's prime. Every show with that Tom Green prank setup has a limited lifespan.

Rick and Morty is quickly turning into a mismanaged mess. They're also going to inevitably become slaves to their tasteless core fanbase. I suspect it has peaked as well as a show.

Robot Chicken survives on hollywood circlejerking. It's awful but I guess young kids still enjoy it.

Squidbillies is actually still based and going strong but their schedule is all fucked up.

Decker is tryhard garbage that would have been a less funny Colbert or maybe Sacha Baron Cohen project ten years ago.

Some of their online stuff is funny, like Fishcenter. AS needs fresh material like that badly. They had a good shot to hang on to relevancy a few more years with World Peace, but too bad. And it's not like Sam alone could have saved them. There's no telling how that show would have turned out.

Up until late last summer I had cable. It was the only channel that I kept on and didn't change the channel (except for Robot Chicken). This went on since it had Futurama.

Unless you are over 40, this is THE all night channel. Especially if you grew up watching it.

That's true, but they don't have much going on anymore.

>waaahh they got rid of my show so now I'm going to spam the boards about how the channel sucks so that it will eventually become the accepted viewpoint

>I liked it because there was somewhat of a point to it rather than just dude lol I'm yelling and breaking things.

Really? Because that's what it seemed like most of the time. Even if there might have been a point, the style didn't do anything to better communicate those points and felt masturbatory about this "anti-comedy" style more than anything else.

>tfw AS was doing a HD remastering and re-transfer project for its airable copies of older shows last year
>now Brak, Space Ghost, Sealab, and Harvey Birdman have all popped up in an hour long block on the schedule for next sunday
>tfw there may be pool bumps involved

I mean that's totally fine if you think that, the kind of humor just clicked with me. I also valued it because the humor wasn't completely innocuous and the show took a few risks with what you can say and put on tv. I'm not saying it's any big deal and I'm not telling people to like it, I just liked it that's all.

Squidbillies and Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell are pretty much the only quality shows still going. I also watch the Mike Tyson show for Based Norm MacDonald. Venture Bros. is a classic, but who knows when they'll ever have a new episode.

The Tim and Eric/Eric Andre stuff has run it's course.

They cancelled MDE.

They're going to fall to the Trump curse (and the curse if being sad old out of touch people like MTV)

that show where they're in hell is pretty funny

but yea all of their new shows look like edgelord trash
>that one with the dog that kills people

This.

Not even an MDE fan, but when you're an youth orientated entertainment product and you get cold feet about being too edgy you're essentially signing your death warrant.

>Not crossing the line

That's how you get old and die user.

The streams channel is pretty fucking great. FishCenter is obviously the signature show, but Bloodfeast (hosted by 2 of the 4 FishCenter guys) and Swap Shop have both managed to create their own brilliantly insane but clever little universes. Sadly the other stream shows will likely remain shit due to their inherent ties to things like popular culture, sports, pop music, click bait, etc and other shit only normalfags care about.

Because it's Woh Edgy (but inclusive and inoffensive).

Worst combination possible.

They show FOX reruns because it brings in ratings, which helps them fund original shows.

You're going to have to accept it staying or stop watching.

>They show FOX reruns because it brings in ratings, which helps them fund original shows.
>You're going to have to accept it staying or stop watching.
Yes, but they used to not show as many reruns. It would be like 90 minutes of Futurama and Family Guy total. Now it's 8 hours hours of Family Guy, Cleveland Show, American Dad, Bob's Burgers, and King of the Hill.

those shows are decent/good though with the exception of cleveland show and bob's burgers

This. First original show they had in a while and then they trash it because hasbeen Tim got butthurt over Trump winning or whatever.

we get it. Sam triggered you.

Stop shitposting in every thread the moment he gets mentioned now

t. eric andre

Its not about being "triggered" he's genuinely not funny.

no, its clearly about you guys being triggered because literally NO ONE gets this upset over someone just because they dont think they are funny.

Now stop shitposting and being annoying faggots the moment anyone even mentions sam. we get it, you hate him.

Im not responding to you anymore because I dont want this thread to devolve into a shitpost thread btw.

>Stop shitposting in every thread the moment he gets mentioned now
Only when his fans stop spamming him in every vaguely Adult Swim related thread. When will they realize that Adult Swim was a huge thing on Sup Forums before that show and will continue to be long after its cancellation.

>REEE STOP DISCUSSING THINGS THAT TRIGGER ME!

whats your fucking problem?

I hate Adult Swim

They were getting popular before Sup Forums was a thing.

>whats your fucking problem?
Sam's cancerous fanbase who derail every Adult Swim thread
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/78121939/

Did Sam Hyde even have a career before Sup Forums was a thing? Seriously, piss off.

Fuck off I see the same shit from that thread being spammed in MDE threads as well, like that retard that can't understand a Nielsen rating.

>I see the same shit from that thread being spammed in MDE threads as well, like that retard that can't understand a Nielsen rating.

Are you talking about this?
>Rick & Morty (Season 2): ~1,970,000
>The Jack And Triumph Show (Season 1): ~1,380,000 [cancelled]
>Robot Chicken (Season 8): ~1,280,000
>China, IL (Season 3): ~1,270,000 [cancelled]
>Children's Hospital (Season 6): 1,220,000
>Children's Hospital (Season 7): 1,165,000
>Black Jesus (Season 2): ~1,160,000
>Squidbillies (Season 10 as of December 2016): ~1,130,000
>Mike Tyson Mysteries (Season 2): ~1,120,000
>Decker: Unclassified (Season 1): ~1,100,000
>The Eric Andre Show (Season 4): ~1,090,000 (This was the lead-in for World Peace)
>Neon Joe: Werewolf Hunter (Season 1): ~1,070,000
>YPFIGTH (Season 3): ~1,040,000
>Venture Bros (Season 6): ~1,030,000 including All This and Gargantua-2, ~1,010,000 excluding
>Aqua Teen Hunger Force Forever (Season 11): ~1,000,000 [cancelled]
>Brad Neely's Harg Nallin' Sclopio Peepio (Season 1): ~986,000 [cancelled]
>Mr. Pickles (Season 2): ~973,000
>YPFIGTH (Season 2): 963,000
>Million Dollar Extreme Presents: World Peace (Season 1): ~897,000 [cancelled]
>Dream Corp, LLC (Season 1): ~896,000
>Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule (Season 4): ~871,000 [cancelled]

They had been working on a tv show for years. Tissue Box is one example of it. They also went to adultswim multiple times and got funding from them to do videos.

Fuck Adult Swim

Yup thats the one. That exact post was made earlier today too.

translation: Rick and morty is popular and I don't want to seem like I'm some sort of normie

Aqua Teen was the only decent show to ever air on Adult Swim.

what's your point? I didn't even like the show but it was obviously canceled for political reasons

Monkeydust > anything made by Adult Swim

Ah yes, those six weeks were the absolute pinnacle. The highest of highs for the channel. Each week the world sat at the edge of their seat, anxiously anticipating the newest installment of Million Dollar Extreme: World Peace. You couldn't escape it. The antics of Samuel Hyde and the gang was the watercooler conversation every Monday. It was like Beatlemania for the new millennium. It was only downhill when it was shockingly cancelled. Stock plummeted, rating fell down the toilet. It was game over.

As long as you realize it really wasn't something revolutionary like a bunch of mindless fans seem to think it was. It was a show following along with a trend (one that I don't enjoy at all) but with a different than standard viewpoint.

this. fpbp

simply epic, enjoy your upvote and gold

Shut up

>Let's be real.
Stopped reading right there.

watched 3 episodes on youtube just now
i think its pretty funny
shame they cancelled it

What about Moral Orel?

Sam no matter how you try to disguise your shilling you will never be relevant.

I have no idea why they started airing Decker on tv. It only really works as a side show to On Cinema. If you're not full immersed in the On Cinema lore it doesn't make any sense. Also have no idea why they started airing the fourth season on tv when there's 3 previous seasons. The continuity isn't like completely necessary, but it still exists somewhat.

>be edgy comedy channel
>have a show that's edgy comedy
>cancel it for being too edgy

ffs [as] how can you fuck up this bad?

They deserve it for killing metalocalypse.

Home Movies was better

Eric Andre is Walmart Sam Hyde you fucking retard

> It's just Tim and Eric-tier "I'm smarter than you and that's why you don't think my show is funny" autistic shit trying to pass off as comedy.

I'm actually appalled someone had the thought process to make this comparison.

fuck you.

This thread started being about shitposts right here.

Sam isn't funny. get over yourself you crybaby faggot.

Lots of shows are canceled for political reasons, if your show performing worse than shows producers may have actually liked and still canceled is obviously gonna get you canned.

I am being completely sincere. I would consider myself a member of the "alt-right" and I am very hurt by the cancellation of Million Dollar Extreme: World Peace

I'm sorry, but your taste in humor is awful.

what ever happened to that game that they were making?

Which game? They publish a lot, and I'm not certain but I think they actually have in-house devs as well.

home movies blows chunks

I haven't watched adult swim since ...fuck. since sealab 2020 was still making new episodes. Funny how you stop watching Adult swim when you grow up and realize that shit isn't really funny.

I can't imagine the sort of people that find shit like Tim&Eric or Rick&Morty even remotely amusing. It's really telling of our society that kids will just go along with what they are told is "funny"

This

Tim and Eric quite literally ruined Adult Swim with their obsession over propagating their "humor". Maybe ruining it was a long running joke of theirs, to which there is no punchline because it was never funny to begin with.

this. Fuck Adult Swim. I even checked out the "classic" shit too.

>Space Ghost
overrated proto-eric andre bullshit
>The Brak Show
irritating shit
>Harvey Birdman
lolsorandom ADHD liberal pandering humor
>Sealab 2021
same thing, except with shitty proto-Archer elements
>Home Movies
kids show with fart jokes and terrible animation

Robot Chicken was my shit when I was a teenager. I still have some of the Toyfare Twisted Theater comics that inspired it.

it's almost as if it was meant for boys in their early-mid teens and not grown men

Your Pretty Face is Going To Hell was pretty decent quality.

Adult Swim is lame. People barely watched it before World Peace and even less will watch it in the future.

I was talking about MDE, they set up a subreddit and everything. it sounded breddy gud

Adult Swim was only good between 2002-2004 and that was because of classic anime, and redubbed Hanna Barbara cartoons. After that was the terrible Tim and Eric and family Guy rerun that killed off the channel.

>Moral Oral, Metalakolypse, Robot Chicken, Athf, squidbillies, The Eric Andre Show and even MDE were never good

>t. cuck

>Adult Swim is done.

No. It is not, and even if it were which it isn't your proclaiming so wouldn't make it so.
Your opinion is not fact based. Please stop wasting your time thinking you're right about events that really don't have any significance.