This entire scene

>this entire scene

youtube.com/watch?v=PLV-Vpy1gqQ

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

>not making yoda a powerful forcerer (sorcerer) instead of a jumping little critter

ffs lucas

Dooku had to distract Yoda in order to get away. He would have been toast.

Who da man? Yoda man!

At least you can see the action.

I am still amazed Lucas didn't use Yoda walker as concealed lightsaber

Because that's what you would have expected. I actually think it's cool how he forced the lightsaber into his hand instead of grabbing it.

I am not criticizing it, it would be way too obvious

Not an argument.

yoda had no business throwing down with a light saber
none
shit was unintentionally funny
yoda shoulda been using the force. minimal movements.

>Luke tell you did I that I invaded Genosis with a massive army of clones as a preemptive strike and fought Count Dooku to a stand still.
>a Jedi uses his power for knowledge and defense never for attack

So many things wrong with this scene I don't even know where to begin.

Is there a SINGLE thing about Attack of the Clones that's legitimately good?

>use the force to drop 5000 tonnes of metal on Obi & Ani
>Yoda has to stop it!!
>Runs away insteads of executing Yoda who can't defend himself at the same time as rescuing friends

???????????????????????????????

Herslags middrift

that was not his mission and having Windu taking over the council wouldn't end well for Sheev

Kasdan: The Force was available to anyone who could hook into it?

Lucas: Yes, everybody can do it.

Kasdan: Not just the Jedi?

Lucas: It’s just the Jedi who take the time to do it.

Marquand: They use it as a technique.

Lucas: Like yoga. If you want to take the time to do it, you can do it; but the ones that really want to do it are the ones who are into that kind of thing. Also like karate. Also another misconception is that Yoda teaches Jedi, but he is like a guru; he doesn’t go out and fight anybody.

/thread

>Why not just make the villain a gigantic coward?

wtf retard

thanks for letting us know, autist

This proves nothing.

>has to stop what he's doing and focus all his attention on levitating the pillar
>has to grunt and physically exert himself to move objects with the Force

b-but I thought size matters not?

Who hurt you

Why didn't he send that huge pillar into dooku's ship? Size doesn't matter, but for projectiles, it does.

Giving Yoda and Sheev lightsabers was a mistake.

They're above that kind of thing.

Your headcanon is irrelevant.

ur irrelevant

This is the root problem of the prequels. Lucas didn't understand the characters he established in the OT movies.

Ian McDiarmid had that kind of impression of his character going into the prequels. His headcanon is not irrelevant.

>Lightning can be blocked with a lightsaber
>Yoda can somehow absorb it and shoot it back

hmmm

>Luke, did I ever tell you about that time I completely missed a great sith lord grabbing all the political power because I was busy on a wookie planet? Luminous beings we are...

if you're the size of a hobbit, wouldn't it make more sense to try to chop off your opponent's legs rather than jump at their shoulder level so they can defend themselves as they're used to against equal sized humanoids?

>Lucas didn't understand the characters he established in the OT

That was the OT. Anyone can change a lot in 25 years.

Dexter's Diner is objectively kino you contrarian

That would make sense but you have to keep in mind that the footage of Christopher Lee awkwardly waving a lightsaber prop around was shot first, then CGI Yoda was added to match his movements. Lucas didn't think any of this shit through.

this tbqhf

Regardless of how you feel about Yoda with a lightsaber, I know at least the theater I was at had people practically on their feet when they saw Yoda pull back his shirt and force grab his lightsaber.
Was a pretty cool feeling desu.

Sheev not even bothering with Lightsabers would have been so much better.

If you have to have him fight at least once with one, like against Windu, he could have easily snatched one of the cannon fodder masters'.

The damage was done with Episode 2. Yoda and Sheev are around the same level. If Yoda gets a saber, Sheev gets one too.

A lot of people laughed. It looked cute and funny.

I'm disappointed Dooku never got popular in the EU. He is a cool character. Every other fucking character has their own comics and spinoff books. Dooku got some shitty cameos in the cartoon and that's it.

Back then he didn't fight anyone. Lucas wasn't discussing the prequels with them.

But Sheev was 25 years younger in ROTS. He wasn't the same person.

Serious question my guys.

Why does Padme talk like all stuck up and english sounding (royal) and then on ep.2 sounds like ordinary american?

>Sheev not even bothering with Lightsabers would have been so much better

I think it would have been dope as fuck if someone took a swing at Sheev and he just slapped that shit aside with the force. Just made a pimp-slap gesture and casually dismissed that amateur garbage.

Kinda like Vader nonchalantly deflecting Han's blaster shots with his hands in Empire.

Manlets when will they learn

>queen
>not queen

>these are the people trying to criticize lucas and claiming they understand his characters better than him

He uses lightsabers in the lords of the sith novel too, which is closer to the OT and Disney canon.

Received Pronunciation in her official capacity as Queen.

erm yes that is correct

Why is Yoda so shit at the force? He is 800 years old, and barely better than Windu who is like 50.

you never saw Windu using the force tho

The better question is, why is a queen a democratically elected position?

>better than windu
>yoda stops force lightning with his bare hands

Star Wars royalty has a tendecy to do that it seems.

>headcanon

Sith other than Anakin obviously didn't use light sabers as evident by how Palpatine regards them in ROTJ. At the very least, it makes no sense for Sith to use them.

Why can yoda barely even move then all the sudden he's jumping all over the place

yoda would have chose to sacrifice obiwan and anakin if dooku pressed the attack

simple math, if yoda was dead they'd now all be dead anyway

because she has both her queen and handmaiden personas

as senator she's just her

Windu easily kicks Sheev's ass and then deflects his own lightning back him.

adrenaline, he probably feels it in the morning tho..

sheev set up the whole thing knowing anakin would arrive.. else windu would have went down as quick as his posse

Sheev knew Anakin was coming, it was the perfect opportunity to turn him over.

Plus it was a 4v1

no, lightsabers are just a jedi invention, it's why palpatine disregarded them in ROTJ
by that time, the jedi were long extinct, and it had been a long time since he used one himself
why the fuck else would he want luke (lightsaber user) as his new apprentice, and why would vader still be using one

you guys that aren't able to follow a basic children's story, always claiming inconsistencies when it's your own headcanon that makes it so

Because he gets high on the Force.
Shut up.

because he's an 80 year old who's somehow superior in lightsbaer combat than every jedi

its fucking stuipd

why. the fuck do people actually believe this?
mace windu is regarded as the best jedi besides yoda
let me guess you think palpatine had some force mask on his face too?

I'm not surprised that the typical fat star wars fan is unfamiliar with the idea of adrenaline since it's unlikely you've ever exerted yourself physically enough to feel its affects.

Because he is "evil" but not edgy evil. He is more of a father figure that creates order from disorder which is unappealing.

WE WUZ JEDI MASTRS N SHEEIT!

>how Palpatine regards them in ROTJ

25 years after the prequels

This is actually a legitimate point. The least Lucas could have done is make Yoda move more nimbly all the time in the prequels instead of giving him that same lumbering old man walk.

>what is the force

Did you forget it enhances the abilities of whoever is strong with it?

It's not unique. The first French kings were elected. Then it became tradition to elect the elder son of the previous king so they went away with voting altogether.

so much for lightsabers being heavy to hold

yes but he killed all of the other jedi before Mace windu had done anything, and he wasn't injured or anything so it was basically 1v1

'Elective Monarchy'.

That was a great scene dumbass

It's a humorous contrast+archetype, like the blind old Wuxia master hobbling along who suddenly snaps into hardman when he gets in a fight.

Windu came a lot closer to killing Sheev than Yoda did.

It's pretty ridiculous. Almost all swings are unnecessary. Almost none of Yoda's were on target, but empty swings Dooku should have ignored.

>nerds will never get over it

great argument

>what's elective monarchy

Jedi in their prime > kids who are just learning and old men who can't fight like they used to.

right.. it wasn't just Lucas doing whatever he thouht looked good

This is why Star Wars was a mistake.

i liked some of it

>christopher lee had to walk back and forth on a set twirling a stick around like a moron "fighting" this cgi abomination

Christopher Lee did little, if any actual saber swinging.

Also

Everyone loved this scene when it first came out. I remember in the theater the audience cheering and talking about it with my friends at school like it as the best thing ever.

hes the one who took the fucking job

I'm so sick of this harrison ford, ian makellen "I'm too much of a serious actor for this"

the minute they signed the fucking contract they accepted what they fucking are

worse than most cartoons

please. Christopher Lee loves all sci-fi fantasy shit. ESPECIALLY if it has bad cgi.

Maybe we're sick of morons like you who can only see one narrow viewpoint of any situation. The worst part is I could explain it a million times to you and you would force yourself to reject the idea because it would hurt you too much to accept other possibilities.

news for you bro

>*loved

Yoda jumping around and shit were the best parts in the prequels for me.

I can guarantee you're on food stamps or autism bux or otherwise helped in life by other people because you're incapable of sustaining yourself

neck yourself, autist

WTF Dooku had the high ground the entire time! DROPPED

lol, unbelievable

That's because the audience were idiots.