Admit it. When it came out you liked it

Admit it. When it came out you liked it

I loved it and still do.

Redditor, there is a full set of archives for Sup Forums in December 2015. You can see that while there was a wave of Disney shills attempting to claim it as a good movie, there was a solid vanguard of kinographers who denounced it as shit.

The first five minutes when Kylo catches the blaster laser filled me with hope that the movie might be good. Then the rest of the movie continued and the hope slowly dwindled away until it got to the 3 foot tall CGI alien woman and all the hope was gone.

Nope, I wanted to too
Tried to rationalize to myself why it wasn't that bad all the way home and then had to just admit that it just fucking sucked

Of course I did, I missed episode 3 in cinemas, and seeing the opening crawl on a big screen actually put the biggest grin on my face, a rare moment of joy.

meh, I thought it was cheap nostalgia that was enjoyable once or twice

the prequels were better

People only started calling it shit after RLMs positive review. Before that there were lots of threads about apologizing to JJ, Daisy, Boyega etc, you have a shit memory.

literally me. I even contemplated seeing it again cause maybe it was just a bad theater experience.

I had a much better experience taking my asian gf to see TPM 3D for her first SW flick. She cried when Anakin had to leave his mom, and was in awe during duel of the fates.

we're married now

No. Not at all. It's a hollow copy of the OT. One can smell the rancid stench of cautionary corporatism. What a shlock of nostalgia pandering filth.

Nope and most of my theater didn't either, we all clapped when it started, and when it ended we all just sat up

>heard people sigh with all the scenes with black boy
>movie over
>me sitting up looking around and at this user sitting next to me and gos with a smirk
>"well that was something"

this movie is shit and was always shit

THOSE WERE THE DISNEY SHILLS YOU THICK BASTARD

Good on you man.
I also had a great time at the 2012 TPM re-release.

nah, i knew it was mediocre the moment i left the theater

actually, i knew it'd be a bad movie during the opening scene

>poe dameron just watched the stormtroopers kill an entire village
>runs up to kyle ren
>"tee hee nice night huh? so who talks first, me or you"

it's not a star wars movie.

>People only started calling it shit after RLMs positive review.

the prequels were not as good as IV, V, and VI. Character moments, man.

I have about as much respect for The Force Awakens as I do for the dog shit on my shoe.

It is reddit, it is capeshit, it is cheeto dust, it is video games. It's nothing more than memes enjoyed by simplistic pledditors. I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the reddit memes that comprise Cuck Wars: The Search for More Money.

I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it.

The OT is too small scale to be enjoyable space opera.
PT was more what SW was always supposed to be.

>inb4 you mean shit?
At least put some thought into your bait.

Naw

Story: 4>6>5>3>1>2-----------------------------------------------------------7

Viewing pleasure: 6>3>1>2>4>5-----------------------------------------------------7

I don't care about how you rank I-VI. All REASONABLE movies. They at least all fit into Star Wars, and they at least seem to follow the same logic and universe rules.

What the fuck is seven? I see people talking about a rehashed story, and that's true. But whatever, I could look past that. I could look past the SJW theme. I could look past the more than shit fuck awful villains. I could look past Fischer's fucking terrible performance. How the fuck does that shit make the final cut anyways?

But for fucks sake, there's not even an intro to the new Republic? It's introduced about one minute before it's conveniently wiped out from who knows how far away in about 30 seconds . The whole republic, never introduced, destroyed with 4 planets. What the fuck? And you can see the fucking fasterthanlightspeed beams from a different solar system real time. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THEY CAN HYPERLIGHTSPEED know it's recharging. About 30 minutes after it fired. And it takes 30 minutes to recharge. 30 minutes to consume a sun.

And they can hyperlightspeed arrive on time while knowing exactly how much time they have left? They have nobody on the fucking thing as a spy, how the shitfuck can they know how much it has left to go?

I can look past R2D2 waking up for plot convenience. I can look past WALL-E 2.0.

But I also can't look past Rey's control of the force. Uh, no, that's not how it works. Period. There is no 'I learned how to fight and basically beat a Sith who's been training for the better part of his 20yearoldish life in a matter of hours!' Click here to see how you too can learn the force and manipulate it at an advanced level in just MINUTES.

Seriously blind yourself and stick your hand into a bin full of B movie scifi flicks and their plots and science fantasy still can't compare to this horseshit.

>story
>OT above PT

Wasn't saying the prequels were better than the OT, just that they were better than TFA. At least you have a political subplot that's fairly interesting on the prequels even if the writing is terrible. My ranking would go like

Empire=ANH>RotJ>Rogue One>Ep3>Ep1=Rogue One>Ep2

I can't remember if the cringe worthy panning scenes of dead Star Destroyers and AT-ATs was when I lost hope for a good Star Wars film or if Poe's little "so who talks first? dance off bro u and me" quips came before that.

Why do you get more viewing pleasure from watching TPM over ESB? Is it like the feel of the blasts from the AATs hitting the Gungan shields being more satisfying than the AT-ATs blowing up the shield generator on Hoth?

no it was shit
the 4 other people I went will all were disappointed too

whoops, the second rogue one should be TFA

>I don't care about how you rank I-VI. All REASONABLE movies. They at least all fit into Star Wars, and they at least seem to follow the same logic and universe rules.
That's my biggest gripe with this crap, the prequels at least felt like logical expansions of the universe.

I was enjoying it until they introduced the Starkiller. Then the movie dropped in quality.

Because they all originate from one and the same mind.

But I don't, I watched it in a packed theater, I was on the edge of a row next to the aisle, and was surrounded by little noisy children that kept talking during the quieter scenes.

>I don't know where you get your delusions, laserbrain
>huhuhuhuhuhu
>laugh it up, fuzzball
Do you think this exchange is cringey, too?

TFA is worst Star Wars movie and I said it from the day of its premiere.

I enjoyed RO surprisingly enough.

It's literally ANH but worse

This and just the overall feel of the movie. The colors, the sound and scenes themselves like the standoff between Maul and Qui-Gon are intense.

A lot of people liked 300 when it came out, same with avatar. Doesn't mean they were good. Same with star whores

This

You know you sound like a beta orbiter, you're probably a cuck too.

I almost walked out of TFA
The overacting was so cringe.

still do

>am I fitting in yet, I said the things

Yup, same

No. I was the one who was full on CAP LOCK for the better part of a week. Go back and see for yourself. Maybe it's out there some where. I was full on cap lock. I was raging all week. I was too stunned to think. I was mad as hell. TFA was shit, and I called it shit, and I didn't have the exact words as to why it was shit but I knew it was shit, and I hated everyone, everywhere for a long time. Waited 30 years for that shit and I ached and raged and got rid of everything star wars. Years of collecting and following and I just chucked it all away. I literally raged quit. I was teasing to rage quit way before then because of all the shit Jar Jar Abrams said, but I didn't rage quit until I saw the movie. It's like Doctor Who. When the fag lover made Doctor Who all about the minorities and fags, I raged quit that too.

Doctor Who with mickey and so on was nice, the fag wives fucked me up good. I wanted to find that British cunt and stab him with a spoon.

It was good on the first showing.

Then on subsequent showings the flaws became glaring.

I'm different. Yeah, I get the effects feel cooler in TPM, but I get tired of effect. I mean, I used to watch movies just based on how impressive the effects are, but I get tired of them after repeat viewings.

I get more pleasure from watching how characters act now. I enjoy the Dagobah scenes a lot in ESB because Frank Oz's performance as Yoda. There's a lot of satisfaction when he finally stops acting like a crazy man in front of Luke and gets serious. Then Luke is like "ah, shit I look so bad in front of Yoda now. Fuck."

Dude, when he lifts the X-Wing out of the swamp, too, and the force theme plays. The swell of emotion I get from watching that...and then Luke realises he got owned by Yoda again. Heh.

ditto

Speak for yourself faggot. I was disappointed.

stop samefagging, Lucas

George Lucas remarried?

I mean, it's not a false dichotomy situation here. I certainly can appreciate both ways of looking at it. It depends on the movie I guess.

THIS.

I don't think it's a good movie but I still enjoy it. If that makes me some pleb redditor then I guess that's okay

It's a blatant New Hope ripoff that was precisely engineered to appeal to millenial hipsters and nostalgic boomer families. How did this shit get positive reviews? I'd rather watch Death Wish 5.

I liked it. It was special. It can't be in this day and age where everything is 'OMG SICK NOSTALGIA REFERENCE' social networks and nerd culture have doomed movies and games to mediocrity

Sad!

I noticed all the flaws in this retarded plot at the first time. I was incredibly mad about this mind trick shit and pulling lightsaber out of snow. I knew this movie was shit. But i still rated it 7/10, due to fast. intense pacing. When i came back home, i realised that it was the shittiest fiesta i'd ever seen, and it deserves not more than 3/10.

You can love whatever you want. I have my support, man. You can like TFA and still be a cool guy. That's my belief.

felt like a fan movie

these new Star Wars cannot add anything new or they upset American manchildren

If you're a woman, I still call them "man" and "guy" btw.

I fell asleep halfway through the movie.

Yeah, they should have just adapted the Grand Admiral Thrawn storyline or something. At least that gives a feeling of continuation, I think.

Maz Kanata's castle, I figure. You thought it was amusing that Han nicknamed Finn "Big Deal," though.

Yup.

Then I watched a lot of good movies, read some intro film texts, started watching things actively, and heard a lot of arguments against it

They should have made something ENTIRELY new. Fuck skywalkers, empire, rebels, solo. You can even make fucking Old Republic, but not OT shit, please.

>It's a blatant New Hope ripoff
its a soft reboot. You are not smart for pointing this out. the film makers did it on purpose

I didn't mind the similarities to ANH until they introduced Death Star v3.0

>You are not smart for pointing this out
This isn't a fucking Robert Christgau review, I'm not trying to be smart. I'm stating the obvious that Disneyfags will try and diffuse with crap like "soft reboot."

It was entertaining enough to not be shit. The continuation aspect was weak, the First Order coming up with a huge army and an even bigger Death Star made the events of the first 6 episodes seem pointless. The main character was a total Mary Sue as well, had they just kept Poe as an active character and had him flying the Millenium Falcon as well as dropped the mind tricks scene instead having her rescued like Luke was by Obi-Wan when he was attacked by Tusken Raiders her Mary Sueness would be reduced to an acceptable level.

Well, that's what the anthology films are supposed to be for. Rogue One is just a warm up.

yes, I'm sure all the marketeers """""loved""""""" it

I guess you don't like Superman, then. You could say that the interesting thing about them lies somewhere else. Like how Superman is interesting for trying to fit into society or how restrained he must be in his powers, you can say that Rey's interesting arc is how she is reluctant to answer the hero's call. She just wants to go back home to Jakku all the time, but one can enjoy her in the film by watching how her motivations change in the film.

I'm not saying that part was really great. I don't think it was, but it's something else to her, I suppose.

How does it feel to have no taste in movies at all?

Yep. Hell I even like Adam Driver now after it.

You're better off asking someone that you have a better knowledge of what they like and don't like. You can't really judge from just one movie.