Hey, I don't frequent Sup Forums, but what do you guys think of "The Expanse"?

Hey, I don't frequent Sup Forums, but what do you guys think of "The Expanse"?

Sci fi spacer political drama. Social commentary. Punks, intrigue, space-truckers, and the occasional zero-gravity scene which is passibly done. How have I not heard about this? So far it's great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SpfCkkKP9eE
washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2015/11/17/this-is-the-group-thats-surprisingly-prone-to-violent-extremism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dark Matter > Killjoys > The Expanse

It's boring as fuck and not a single character is worthy of emotional investment. But I'll take whatever sci-fi I can get at this point as long as it doesn't shamelessly pander to women like everything else does currently.

just about good enough to make me want to tune in for the second season but i hated how they ended s1 on a cliff-hanger with none of the plot threads satisfactorily resolved

....Oh what the fuck. Ep. 3. Naomi is an engineer and can improvise fixes. "These are the hallmarks of terrorist traits"? What the fuck?

I already forgot about it, liked the blue shit dead girl though, and the Mexican guy that crashes his ship with no survivors

>Dark Matter
>Killjoys
Oh yeah?

Wait, I looked into killjoys once. Looked kinda campy. Like that... cleopatra 2020 thing level of campy.

Dark matter?

>When crew members working on a derelict spaceship awaken from stasis, they have no memory of who they are or how they got onto the vessel. The only clues to their identities are weaponry and a destination -- a remote mining colony soon to become a war zone.

EEeeeeehhh, amnesia? That a little trite. So you think they pull it off well?

Is great, the best sci fi show at the moment. Can`t wait for the S2 to start.

I like the ending of ep 3.

Bolting the naive guy to the wall. Quiet credits and hollow announcement.

Man, they're doing the whole "flip and burn" thing like a real fucking spaceship.

They have someone who actually knows a bit of physics. Fuck yeah!

Not the best show ever or anything, but I really liked it

Check this battle sequence

youtube.com/watch?v=SpfCkkKP9eE

Sup Forums generally liked season 1.

I hope they do a good long "previously on," I don't remember shit.

It if fucking great. I'm sick of half assed comedy sci-fi and goody two shoes bullshit sci-fi and action genre masquerading as sci-fi bullshit. The Expanse fits the bill.

>I hope they do a good long "previously on," I don't remember shit.

KYS

Not as dumb as it sounds, engineers make good terrorists.

washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2015/11/17/this-is-the-group-thats-surprisingly-prone-to-violent-extremism/

WHAT
NO
WHY

Because "previously on" bullshit is cancer. Learn to use your fucking brain or rewatch it. Video entertainment is already low-IQ enough as it is.

This. Killjoys and Dark Matter are fucking terrible and barely even Sci Fi. The Expanse is the only Sci Fi show in recent years which has aspired to the heights of the genre.

All of these. It's not the best show, but it's best, most hard sci-fi show currently ongoing. Give it a watch if you're on the fence. A lot of great political conspiracy going on too

Watch out, we got a genius here.

>Learn to recall everything you've ever seen
How?

>rewatch it
Got a family and a job, no time.

. . . I'm aware of that fucking trend.

Just a pain in the fucking ass for bright kids and stem-type geeks.

>tfw no belter gf
;_;

I liked the effort put into making their own "this is how the future works" crap semi-realistic. Racism against space people, Mars being Nazi's but in the "good way" somehow, Brown people of all stripes aren't to be trusted. But they also fall for stupid SJW tropes: the obviously agressive guy on their team looks like a human pitbull, The black chick with a foreign accent is quirky, the MC is pretty jewy and a pussy until the story needs him not to be.

The attempt to add some real sci-fi into the show is great though.

I take you are the person that asks the other people watching the movie, "what is going on!?"

>Got a family and a job, no time.
>plenty of time to shitpost on Sup Forums

I guess the family doesn't come down to the basement that often.

I like my sci-fi like I like my eggs..... HARD!

It isn't true though. It is just political leveraging for bullshit.

>Divide and rule

>movie
No, I can recall anything I've seen in the last 2 hours.

Now if I started a movie a year ago, and finish it now with no recap, yeah I might ask what is going on.

What's your problem?

>wanting to be spoonfed
>being a brainlet

The instant you start watching a new episode, you should recall the key points of what is going on. Otherwise, how do you even know you watched the show in the first place if you need to be reminded so much and have your hand held?

Hard sci-fi really isn't the genre for you. You are merely watching the pretty colors. You should probably go back to your GoT thread.

I find her weirdly sexy and I'm not sure why.

wew

You're a jerk. I understood the first season just fine. That was a year ago, and I haven't seen or thought about it since. Be nicer.

>on TV
>hard sci

Yeah sure m8. While The Expanse is harder Sci Fi than the other schlock on at the moment, it pales in comparison to any decent hard Sci Fi books.

You should seriously consider suicide as a solution to your autism.

Who is you favorite character and why?

the qt belter prostitute

cuz

she was a q t

He did literally nothing wrong.

>comparing books to visual mediums

This. I watched Bitten just for him and Supergirl

The sad part about this thread is that none of you will remember it tomorrow and we will have this thread again.

...just like last week.

it's brety gud

so when does the next season start?

let's hope they don't do what they did last time and release four episodes at once that totally killed any kind of fan base to develop at the beginning.

the OP being a pussy mary sue is a trick though. The books take the piss out of him constantly and finally force him to admit that his being a goody two shoes all the time directly resulted in the deaths of thousands of people.

He allowed Holden to walk all over him during the escape which caused the deaths of his teammates and himself. He died before he could deliver the readouts of the earth ships to Mars. Sounds like he fucked up pretty bad desu.

>Ops, I don't think I'm up for
>GET US OUT OF HERE
>got it

HAHA, that was great.

The running through gunfire though.... they might have a physicist on board, but military personnel, tactician, or anyone that's been in a firefight? Not so much. Standard hollywood action bullshit right there. also, you don't just bump into the hanger like that and fly away. Although maybe I'm used to thinking about airplanes which want to be light as hell.
Dunno. I like noir in reasonable doses. So whoever the fuck the cop with the hat maybe. Stupid fucking hair though.
HEY! The rookie is alive.

I liked the scoripo captain. For what bit part he played.

The "lead", guy, the one that was going to be XO. Eh, his acting is ok. Could be better. Dunno.

Yeah, the belter prostitute is hot. Nice working clothes.

But yeah, I'm going with the cop.

HA, "the ani-bus.... anubus".

Think that's just the actor fucking up or was it scripted to make it more.... "human"?

It gives doubt that detective chapeau can actually "crack the case".

Filthy belter scum with their low bone density, cut the O2 off to the whole belt I say.

>Super rad spaceships and shit
>Not entirely robotic worker colonies

>Not entirely robotic worker colonies
Man, I have no idea how stories are supposed to work when there's literally no point to have humans anymore.

Robots for labor.

AI for engineering.

>eh doesn't rewatch season one before S2 premiers

gtfo

Did they have someone open their helmet in zero P?

That's REAL bad for you eyeballs. Lungs do the explosive decompression bit. You can live for a few seconds, but it's not a casual thing.

no time, but maybe if I just rewatch the finale, it'll get the old synapses fire up

They're not, he's just shitting you. DM is unintentionally funny and KJ isn't even that.

This guy's right, you know. If you aren't able to recall the goings on and the basic show family tree from a week ago once the show starts you should probably not watch shit instead of endorsing wasting our fucking times with repetition.

its only starting in feb

>from a week ago

you mean year ago, and I'm assuming we'll need more detail than just the basics.

I remember this show being pretty details-oriented

That anubis bit is in books too.

Better to do an episode 0 specifically for people who require it that airs at an earlier date than waste the time of the people that don't need it.

>tfw to intelligent for a short recap

>shitty memes
End yourself.

rude

>it's a mr. autismo shits up a comfy thread episode

Top comfy show at the moment tqbh

I think it's fantastic, a spot on adaption of the books.

Casting and acting are good, the FX and set design are good, and we already know the writing will be good. Definitely one of the best SciFi shows to air in a while.

I do wonder how long they're planning to run, though - the first season only covers up to half way through the first of six books.

Killjoys is schlocky fun if you can get over the shitty music in S1, but I always hope people are joking when they say they like Dark Matter.

The first episode was decent so I tried to stick with it, but god is that show awful. Bad acting, bad writing, generic characters, horrible SFX.

Maybe I can understand liking it as a guilty pleasure if you're nostalgic for 80s SciFi, but god. It's just so bad.

>the ship's controls are a bunch of samsung galaxy tabs S2 9.8"

syfy would never be able to handle its own shit

GAS THE BELT
SPACE WAR NOW

okay