No best director

>no best director

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iAZ9I98JMpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=iAZ9I98JMpI

He tried too early. Should have waited another year or so.

He has been back just a couple of months, give it time.
His next Kino is going to steal all the awards.

Truly a mystery

Looks like hes morphing into a penguin man

>5 hours long

He had no chance, all the awards are going to La La Land, Moonlight or Manchester by the Sea

It's like asking why didn't George Miller win last year.

it did enough, now he's popping up at mainstream events without people freaking out

That picture is old as hell, he's cleanshaven again

>What went wrong?

the people that killed Jesus have a hard time forgiving Mel

Best Director should have gone to Denzel Washington.

It's not enough to feature a leading jew, they'll want him to make an anti-white film before they think about nominating him.

This, a few years back Jodie Foster and RDJ were the only people willing to stand up for him.

Now he is getting fucking award nominations and even got to star in some redneck Taken ripoff.

blood father was better than taken

they made him shave that glorious beard for this?!?!

I like him but he did nothing special in Fences other than adapt a play to a movie format.

Now Best Director goes to people that make their movie stand out, like Inarritu doing the meme long shots in Birdman and shooting with only natural light in the Revenant or Ang Lee and Cuaron doing 100% CGI movies without anyone noticing.

He spoke out against the wrong group of chosen people that own literally every studio and guild in Hollywood.
>Not hyperbole

>Calls out the jew.
>Kikewood doesn't like him anymore.
Not really that hard to understand desu.

(((Them))). But at least he got nominated. Hacksaw Ridge was beautiful. Is amazing how he made a movie like that with just 50 millions.

>Is amazing how he made a movie like that with just 50 millions.
This tbqh.
The guy may be a bit crazy but he does know how to direct a good movie.