Your Name

So this movie's been getting a lot of praise lately. Have any of you guys seen it?

dude please stop spamming this, just go over it >>Sup Forums

Sup Forums has terrible taste.

Terrible ending. Typical shounen shit

>the anime board doesn't like muh shitty movie so I'll start a thread on the board that constantly shits on anime
brilliant m8

I agree, it should have happened regardless.

Loved it, it actually reignited my love for anime.
Reduced to tears in the last 30 minutes.

People here like anime well enough, most of it is trash though.

Is it some romance bullshit?

In any case, Sword of the Stranger is the best anime action movie ever.

Honestly, there isn't that much romance in it, only hints of romance

No, when does it come out in US theaters? OR did I miss it cause I know there was already a screening

Sometime this year, I don't know exactly when but yes, it was out in select theaters

How often do they talk about their epic fingerboxes or say "too soon" ?

Watched the leaked screener last night on kissanime, its a great movie. Im really not into romances but this is more than worth it

Both of those things don't come up, from what I remember

>post yfw it beats zootopia

I doubt that's gonna happen, it's probably gonna get snubbed again

Plenty of people on Sup Forums like it actually.

I enjoyed it a lot when I went to see it, but I was right at the end of my work year with a project deadline looming so in a pretty stressed frame of mind. I think some overly optimistic, completely unrealistic and full of plotholes fantasy drama was just what I needed in that context.

Can say the same for the people in the screening with me. Of the 10 or so people in the screening with me I wouldn't be exaggerating to say 4 or 5 of them had a tear in their eye at the end.

i don't get the romance in this film, they never even meet until near the end, all they know of each other are rules of things not to do
they have no way of knowing what the other person is like outside of how their friends treat them
also not a fan of bodyswapping, but at least it went somewhere interesting

i thought it was alright but the directors worst

Most people on Sup Forums like some anime, I would say taste here is better than Sup Forums as people tend to avoid all the loli shit

Mods are actually deleting Your Name threads on Sup Forums since like forever, though since it has become a worldwide hit (and a possible Oscar nomination), I think posting it here should be okay too.

The movie is a piece of shit. It shares nearly all the flaws Shinkai's movies usually have like flat characters, but it adds even more cliches and overly sentimental crap. The movie is, however, has little emotional depth despite its reliance on its characters and this connection between the main characters.

>Buzzwords galore

>can't defend this shit movie

Here's one example of what I'm talking. Instead of actually developing their relationship, the bulk of them getting to know each other is left to a montage with some music in the background.

The movie makes point to contrast the city with the country, but this isn't actually significant at all despite one of the few desires the girl has leaving the rural life and living in the city. She gets that wish granted through the body swapping, but it actually doesn't really matter. I can go on. Emphasis is put on the red string of fate, but where does this connection actually come from? Boring expository dialogue goes to lengths to elaborate on musubi, but it never goes beyond "we're connected." The movie sets up a conflict between the girl and her father, but this actually goes nowhere. Sure, the guy's in her body and argues with her father, but the actual turn around when he decides to believe her at the end has no impact because there's no actual build, exploration, or depth to their relationship. It's just stern powerful father figure has a change of heart to put as simply as possible. That's a problem with Shinkai in general. It's almost as if he writes his movies backwards and around these "emotionally charged" moments he thinks up. It's why logic is mostly thrown out the window in this movie. There's many, many flaws you can point out and I'm just going off memory from several months ago.

And the capeshit and Star Wars board doesn't?

>Instead of developing their relationship
Which could have been a whole other movie, bro. It was fine the way it was, deal with it.
>The movie sets up a conflict between the girl and her father, but this actually goes nowhere
This is wrong because he actually listens to her in the end.
>Sure, the guy's in her body and argues with her father, but the actual turn around when he decides to believe her at the end has no impact because there's no actual build, exploration, or depth to their relationship
Why? When you could resolve it with exposition and resolution? Why do you want a whole nother movie? You've never actually written a film before, have you?
> It's almost as if he writes his movies backwards and around these "emotionally charged" moments he thinks up. It's why logic is mostly thrown out the window in this movie
You do know he was adapting a book, right? Shit was 200 something pages, which he had to cut down to 100+ minutes of screentime.

I was surprised it got such a long, proper run over here instead of the typical way anime movies tend to get crammed into two day runs at indie cinemas, but it deserved it, it was really good.

>This is wrong because he actually listens to her in the end.

Yeah, genius, I mentioned that.

>It was fine the way it was, deal with it.

You can't even defend this movie or have no interest outside excuses. Why bother replying?

"Excuses"

You've never written a film before, you want a fucking book? Then read the fucking book, you moron

>wanting actual emotional depth to a movie dependent on your emotional connection means you want a book
>defends reliance on cliches with "it could have been a whole other movie, bro, deal with it, it was an adaptation, you never wrote a film"

We're done here, but I'm sure you want the last word edge wise repeating yourself.

You forgot to mention no one looked at the date, which is the first thing you see when you open a smartphone

God damn fuck off already it's fucking trash.

I'm shattered

This

I haven't seen it because I can't find it on torrents.

TPB has a 300mb copy, but that's it.

>inb4 ratio cucks post screenshots from private trackers

Have you ever written a film?

nyaa.se

That's whole "logic thrown out the window" part. The guy also didn't seem to really remember a fucking meteor destroying an entire town fairly recently.

You can watch it on kissanime

Suspension of disbelief, bruh, that I can look passed

Also, it would be easy to forget the name of the town that got destroyed if it's small and insignificant, he didn't know the town's name, he just knew the scenery.

Yeah, it deserves to be watched in HD

Only a DVD screener exists so far, just wait until a blu-ray rip is out, the visuals are half of what makes it worth while, the plot is pretty silly.

Is this from the "a boy falls in love with a girl" copypasta? Is that why it's being spammed so much?

It's by the tfw no girlfriend guy