vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/01/the-young-pope-hbo-review
youtube.com/watch?v=cKUKWTkf5vs
youtube.com/watch?v=yE99LvM7OzA
youtube.com/watch?v=kxaNpgCAGhc
youtube.com/watch?v=3X1bc4kNLHI
youtube.com/watch?v=_z498JqZD_k
youtube.com/watch?v=Hb5UBbw-dF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What would happen if muslims attacked vatican city?

*leans to the side*

/ildivo/

A E S T H E T I C

Third Secret of Fatima

They can try it.

They did.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_raid_against_Rome

Already prophesied. It'll be a turning point for the church in a right direction.

Memes aside i like it

>Turning point

In what way?

unironically this

Our current pope wouldn't do anything. Pope Picus XIII would call for a holy war.

>Francis is martyred
>Benedict XVI takes over
>calls for a holy war
>profit

It's a bit vague, but we know the (anti)pope will be attacked and the city around him will be hellish (due to fighting or bombs). Afterwards, Church will go more or less full Pius XIII and turn back to faith instead of being weak like for the last 100 years.
Might happen this year, too. I'm banking on a grand ISIS attack.

Whoops, the Muslims who attacked Rome in the 9th century were sent by the Abbasids, not the Umayyads.

>What have we forgotten? What have we forgotten? We have forgotten Bane. You! You have forgotten Bane. I want to be very clear with you. You have to be closer to Bane than to other memes. I am closer to Bane than I am to you. You need to know that I will never be close to you. Because everyone is alone before Bane. I have nothing to say to those who have even the slightest doubt about Bane. All I can do is remind them of my master plan. And their hot heads. I don't have the proof of Bane being a big guy, it is up to you to prove that He isn't. Are you capable of proving that Bane is not a big guy? If you aren't able to prove it, then it means that Bane is a big guy. For you. And He refuses our offer until we post Him, Him exclusively. Do you understand what I am saying? Ex-clu-sive-ly! Twenty-four hours a day. Your hearts and minds filled only with baneposting. There's no room for anything else. No room for cunnyposting, no room for generals, no room for actual discussion. "IT'S FIVE FUCKING YEARS", I've heard hotheads say. "STOP WITH THIS FUCKING MEME IT'S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE". But the pain of being a foocking hothead is unbearable, extremely painful. Without Bane... you are as good as wrackage brothers. Dead, crashed planes wandering the streets. We want to post dank memes. You want to post dank memes? Go post Bane first! I won't help you. I'm not gonna show you my folder. Search for it. Find Him. And when you have found Bane, perhaps you will wonder why he was shooting a man, before trowing it out of a plane.

youtube.com/watch?v=BIj_bNd2oew

How would a holy war even work? Catholics around the world fly to the Vatican and are armed and trained and then flown to Mecca? Who's paying for this? Wouldn't other countries stop this from happening?

TO NOT FORGET

>vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/01/the-young-pope-hbo-review

HBO’s Vatican drama is darker and harsher than the memes would have you believe.

But . . . I don’t know. I’m having trouble reveling in it right now. The show’s accidental similarities to real-life events—Lenny was elected Pope in a stunning upset that confounded the Vatican establishment’s assumption that a more familiar veteran would win—are so keenly felt in the first half of the season that it makes for difficult viewing. I don’t really want to watch this amoral, perhaps insane autocrat exert his ordained might, upending an age-old institution while others fearfully scramble—disbelieving and caught entirely off guard—to save what they can. Sorry, that’s just not the kind of Sunday night I want to have right now. I’m sure those with stronger stomachs—or, indeed, different political sensibilities—will find something exciting or trenchant in The Young Pope’s political annihilation. But, for me, it’s no fun.
[...]
The main Italian in the cast is Silvio Orlando as a beleaguered, mole-flecked cardinal tasked with advising this cocky young Pope, and thwarted at nearly every turn. Cardinal Voiello is horrified by the new Pope’s flouting of tradition, his refusal to submit himself to observance of common courtesies and ethics. (Ugh.) Voiello plays the role of dutiful vizier when in the presence Pope Pius, though we know—and Lenny knows—that he’s much craftier and more resourceful than he lets on. A potentially satisfying bit of intrigue is developing there, but for my sanity’s sake, Voiello better be able to topple this frightening, power-mad narcissist.If not, all of Sorrentino’s style and quirky Euro humor will have been in the service of something rather cruel and redundant. We’ve already got a real authoritarian fox (Trump) in the henhouse to worry about. Lord help us, we don’t need another one on TV—blessed though he may be.

>American Pope

>vanityfair.com/hollywoo
why do you give them views
why do you bother reading crap

It would be a conventional national war with a strong religious subtext

I don't know but catholics don't really have military backings

youtube.com/watch?v=cKUKWTkf5vs

kino

Meh

>watching the young pleb

I don't think there's anything to stop the Vatican from forming their own army. Realistically if a holy war were to ever be called it would be over an ongoing war with nations that are already involved in fighting, and the pope would just put out a call for Catholics to join their nations or a specific nations army. I know some countries like France have foreign legions where they'll let people from other countries join their army and it'll be like that.

Just gonna leave this here

>Time for your snack

I actually laughed out loud at that.

In most countries it's illegal to join other countries military

youtube.com/watch?v=yE99LvM7OzA

most kino moment of the last 20 years.

>caricature-like characters created to appeal to an American audience
>Catholic magazine

Pretty ironic coming from people who still believe in an imaginary sky friend.

Looks like this burger got triggered lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=kxaNpgCAGhc

K I N O
I
N
O

European anti-Americanism is getting really fucking obnoxious. The notion that Italian television has subtler, deeper, or more realistically drawn characters than American television is absurd

>Catholic church's """"punishment""" for child fuckers is "le send them to Alaska >:l"

youtube.com/watch?v=3X1bc4kNLHI

watch this entirely

kek

>hurr americans are dumb
>i believe there is a omnipotent celestial being that gets mad when i masturbate

>Implying I'm religious

Lmaaooooo
Typical American

A few things going on here: this isn't intended to be a show with written characters so the point doesn't stand; this isn't a particularly popular show; the people who do like it tend to watch it because it's so dumb and ridiculous; Americans think it's so dumb and ridiculous that we've turned it into a sort of meme. We gave the world The Wire and Columbo; we're not bad at tv.

That is objectively great TV.

I don't know about the reaction of the church, in that case, but i'll personally start to slaughter every filthy mudslime in my town.

Imagine if a terrorist attacked the Vatican and a missile was launched at Mecca

>ugh

based Bernice!!

this fucking bullshit is deemed kino? GTFOutta here

jesus that's so staged

>i believe there is a omnipotent celestial being that gets mad when i masturbate
unironically yes

Ketchikan, Alaska actually looks like a nice little place to live.

CATHOLICC

Sadly, no western government have the balls to react in a similar fashion. They would probably apologize for the general islamophobia of their people. I'd still slaughter kebab on my own though.

Nice """"""punishment"""""" for child fucking.

Pls don't derail threads, just post Voiello pics

no you wouldn't

Why did everyone - EVERYONE - want to fuck Dussolier?

Just finished after seeing the threads here.
Truly a masterpiece

1st episode was boring as hell I almost dropped it

you are becoming a minority in your own countries stay mad white bois

pleb

1st episode is literally a pleb filter

Liked the show still dont like the real pope.

Based Cardinal

this clip by itself blows all of The Young Pope out of the fucking water

masaka...

why do people not like this show?

fuck is the rest of the show on the same level? this is great

>dont like the real pope

Then you don't like God.

it's not retarded pleb bait like Game of Shit or Westworld

What the fuck did the 2deep4me ending mean

reminder that if you believe in a fire and brimstone god who wants you to wage war and exterminate your enemies you aren't following Jesus' teachings and are a fake Christian

Why don't you like Pope Francis?

This. You can't be a real Christian unless you are an atheistic communist who strongly supports gay pedophilia.

Westworld was good though except the black hooker's arc

>If you kill your enemies, they win

youtube.com/watch?v=_z498JqZD_k

I want to protect his smile

>strawmen

you can choose to ignore Jesus' message but you can't overwrite it to make it something different than what it is

Was it revealed that Gutierrez was homosexual before the scene in the last episode where he just tells Lenny that he is? It was hinted at in ep. 9 with his conversation with the young liquor store tennis player guy, but were there any statements or hints before that?

weird that they made an entire show based off a wkuk skit
youtube.com/watch?v=Hb5UBbw-dF4

You don't know what you're talking about.

literally what Jesus preached faggot. Christians are either cucks or they aren't good Christians.

Requesting webm of dancing Greenland PM qt.

Gutierrez said he had another secret beside his alcholism

No. Dear lord it was awful.

it would be extremely painful

>"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
Matthew 10:34

>Jesus was stern and confrontational that means that he was violent as fuck
what was the point of this post? Jesus was indeed a very uncompromising man who held extraordinarily high standards for proper behavior, but he was also a pacifist. He preached nonviolent confrontation until the enemy yielded, and specifically denied his followers' urges to grab weapons and go beat the shit out of people.

this phrase, in context, refers specifically to his goal of upsetting the status quo and forming a new faith among men. his actions would tear families apart and he was well aware of it. he wasn't telling people to literally grab swords and fuck up the romans or the pharisees.

The Bible says to put down your arms and not fight. So I mean there is that. But Catholics aren't big on following the Bible anyway.

>specifically denied his followers' urges to grab weapons and go beat the shit out of people.
except when he fucked up merchants in the Temple himself

>The Bible says to put down your arms and not fight.
Of course so the Arab kings and Jews etc. could control the pesants

What? You thought a fucking Bible was word of some supernatural God? top kek

Jesus telling his apostles to put down their swords in a specific instance means no Christian can ever fight again.

t. teenage fedora tipper in charge of interpreting the doctrine

yes, the one and only time he exercised violence in his whole career, and was noted as being an instance of him losing his temper and forgetting himself. that does not change the fact that violence was never a part of his message. I ask you: when does he tell his followers "remember that one time I went into the temple and slapped around those merchants until they left? I want you to emulate that."

not an argument

>But Catholics aren't big on following the Bible anyway.
Better than Martin "dude good works don't matter bro, just go to church once a week and you're all set for Heaven no matter how much of a cunt you are to others 99.9% of the time lmao" Luther