Comfy LotR Lore Thread

Comfy LotR Lore Thread
How the fuck didnt she get horrible callouses after walking around barefooted for several millenia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D5VaxFzBmLI
youtube.com/watch?v=HKGQFkWI_bM
youtube.com/watch?v=yi_eGZneJrE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

magic

Elven medicine and ethereal bullshit

I'm guessing her ring protected her feet by blessing the ground

>Nenya's power was preservation, protection, and concealment from evil. Galadriel used these powers to create and sustain Lothlórien.

It was
At least for spotting one army and not one Hobbit infiltrating it after the guards have slaughtered eachother

but it was capable. note that at this point most of the garrison was pulled out for the final battle, and something extraordinary happened when sam killed shelob. under normal circumstances, it would've taken an army to penetrate that entrance.

Shit

elves are self-healing because of the evenstar, even if the "magic" was fading by that time.

a thousand years before they were able to fully recover from deadlier wounds, like arrow shots and sword hits

Chris dead when?

That keep looks like a real bitch to get in from down here

he's 92 already

Pls no, poor Tolkien is already a skeleton bayblade in his grave

Samuran making probably the strongest army in the Third Age and he doesn't give it a commander. Genius.

>Like his father, Michael also had Atlantis-haunting dreams while J.R.R. never mentioned his own to him.

what the fuck? are the members of the tolkien family descendants of atlanteans?

there were commanders in there like the nigga on the rock

They had a plan and made decisions, it wasn't that that got them boned

He probably was mind commanding him or some shit

>Atlantis-haunting dreams
> are the members of the tolkien family descendants of atlanteans

Its Numenor you illiterate peasant

same thing tbqhmf

What's your favourite food and drink to eat whilst watching the movies?

Mine is dominos half and half (pepperoni/meat feast) with cookie dough ice cream and i usually drink around 3-5 desperados a film.

I also leave the window wide open but get under the covers so there's a small chill in the air but it's a comfy chill.

>Michael also had Atlantis-haunting dreams while J.R.R. never mentioned his own to him

>he passed the rights to the wrong son

pic related

I credit it more the the Uruk-Hai being tactically adept than them coming in with a plan. The nigga on the rock was more of hype man than a commander.
At least Saruman was smart enough to use explosives; the Uruk-Hai would have been stuck outside the walls all night.

meat

nice mediterranean palette

>Another capeshit thread

Great.

Elves are light on their feet. Legolas walked on top of the snow on Caradhras while everyone else sank

midget gems

I loved that scene. No one remarks on it at all but if you are paying attention and know your lore you'll catch it.

>It was a shortcut!
>A shortcut to what?
>MUSHROOMS

I smile evertiem

bros...

Don't go dead on me fuckers. I'm drinking some good beers and love watching you plebs talk about LotR shit.

>eating anything other than a single bite of lembas bread

>That poor, third World shithole feel
FTFY

I've always thought about just buying a load of doner meat, order some ribs and cook a few steaks and have it on a big platter, but I don't know if it's worth all that hassle or not. I'm always trying to enhance my experience when watching these films however...watch them once or twice (sometimes I watch it with someone who has never watched them before) every year.

>Meanwhile Tulkas, being the embodiment of pure raw physical strength was a better fighter but sucked at everything else.

Physical strength doesn't come into comparison when dealing with beginning-Melkor. In the very beginning he was toppling entire mountains, flattening out entire valleys and directly contending with all others in creation, 1 versus them. He fled before Tulkas because Tulkas does not cry or suffer from confrontation, but laughs and loves it. Fear was one of Melkor's greatest undoings.

best scene

youtube.com/watch?v=D5VaxFzBmLI

Tell me about the rain in middle earth

The best scene in all of the films is "She gave me three". When you know the story and why Legolas gives Gimli that look it makes it so poignant.

Salty powk

we have lembas bread in sweden

nice grapes asshole

>Balrog and Gandalf already fought even before meeting, on the staircase Gandalf places a word of power on the doorway such that nobody can cross it, the Balrog places his hand on the doorway and breaks the enchantment with such power that Gandalf's actual spirit was almost snapped in two

Fighting the Balrog was not a light decision, I like how this is actually carried over to the movies, you see Gandalf coming down the stairs after that big opening all out of breath.

Not in this scene but the Balrog was done insanely right:

youtube.com/watch?v=HKGQFkWI_bM

youtube.com/watch?v=yi_eGZneJrE
Stay mad

explain

I JUST understood this.

Holy.

Fucking.

Shit.

Galadriel, please.

Elven kings of the caliber of Finwe and Feanor had asked her for a hair of hers and she had discarded them
The expression that Legolas subtly conveys in that scene is "Holy fucking shitballs"

If you are going all out, you should cook up a feast of all Tolkienverse foods, like the feast at Bilbos, mock lembas, salt pork, ale, etc.

Didn't Saruman basically invent blackpowder just for attacking Helm's Deep? I don't think even the dwarves had explosives, and they would most likely have used it all the time.

Can't remember if the Uruk-hai swords were described in the books, but in the movies they are designed to fuck up Rohan riders. Saruman really knew his shit.

Are you asking your boys what's on the menu?

Oh wow. Where did you read this? Appendix?

Reddit.

What makes it Lembas?

he did, he was master craftsman especially adept in industry and metalurgy

The best part is Gimli doesn't even understand why it's so meaningful. He's just happy to have her hair.

galadriel will never give me her hair

Silmarilion
Supposedly her hair had captured the light of the Two Trees and Feanor wanted it because this ishow he came up with the Silmarils
She denied him because she basically didnt like him

Feanor created the Silmarils because of that hair. She wouldn't give him a single piece so he created the Silmarils to approximate her hair's beauty.

in apendixes Tolkien wrote that Legolas and Gimli contruted their own ship and went together to the undying lands, so I imagine he found out the siginifance there and was balling hard among elves thanks to that

>Frodo Baggins I give you the light of Earendil, our most beloved star.

This scene has just so much backstory behind some of these gifts. Earendil was probably one of the most important characters in the entire mythos. God-rending feats.

Then I guess I'm not giving Saruman enough credit for the preparation of the seige. I was just baffled he didn't send an experienced commander.

>get off ship
>"hey faggots guess whose hair I got"
>"you have to go back"

>Galadriels hair inspired the creation of the three most legendary jewels ever made

>gives Gimli three hairs, his own jewels.

>galadriels hair set in motion all this bullshit, from the War of Silmarils to the War of the Ring

I would have shaven my head centuries ago desu

he also used spells to control Uruks and increase their morale, they were dumb on their own so there was no sense in appointing one of them commander. propably also had Dunlendings and smarter breeds of orcs acting as officers

Feanor was probably one of the most insane characters in Lord of the Rings, simply for making that oath.

It's so far out there that it's hard to know whether he's an immense badass or just completely batshit insane.

>"Come on, Gimli. let us see them!"
>"No."

>mfw uruks raid my wife

So basically
>Feanor asks for hair because he likes the colour
>Galadriel is a bitch about it
>Feanor makes his own colourful light and puts it in the Silmarils
>Melkor loves it and steals said Silmarils
>All hell breaks loose
>After thousands of lives, dozens civilizations and about two fucking continents being obliterated there is finally some end in sight
>A random guy asks her hair again
>"Yeah, fuck it, have some back up too, we are not going through this shit again"

According to the Multiverse Theory she not only will, she has.

>Didn't Saruman basically invent blackpowder just for attacking Helm's Deep?
Gandalf made fireworks. That means that he had access to blasting powder before the Battle of Helm's Deep. I'm guessing that Saruman invented it during some of his centuries at Isengard and only told Gandalf and possibly a few others of the wise who could use it without drawing suspicion (the Hobbits just thought fireworks were some more wizard magic) and would see the need to keep it secret.

lel yeah pretty much

Feanor did nothing wrong. Everyone coveted his Silmarils and then fucking beach hippies gave him lip. They deserved what they got.

I wonder what Celeborn thought of his wife giving away hairs to that hairy scottish manlet.

Apparently one of her hairs was in the bow she gave Legolas too, that's why it was so good.

This, it's by far the most repeated of the long list of LotR Fun Facts.

>Movie Trivia Rankings

>Valinor Tier
Silmarilion nuggets of insight, Appreciation for small artistic touches taken from the books, Understanding the spectrum of legendarium between Sil, Hob, and LotR.
>Example: being able to describe how hilarious close Aragorn and Arwen are on the family tree

>Middle Earth Tier
Knowledge of races and cultures, Naming the Valar, Core Simarilion concepts and anecdotes, Ability to mourn lack of songs and characters from books cut from LotR movie
>Example: Coming to terms that merging Eomer and Erkenbrand was wise, while never forgiving the lack of a Scouring

>Harad Tier
Muh Blue Wizards, muh trap Sauron fallen angel, muh Feanor, muh Viggo's broken toe, muh PJ cameo, you've heard them all a hundred times.

>Azog Tier
Considering anything from the Hobbit movies as factual.

Probably doesn't matter considering Galadriel most likely tops in their relationship

>giving a shit what Celeborn thinks when you're the second most powerful elf in terms of spirit

>MUH SILMARILS

Every fuckin time.

>The fuck did that dwarf just ask for?
>UGH Eru damn it. Last time I denied someone my hair, shit went bad fast.
>I don't need that.
>Fuck it, I'll just give him some hair

maybe she learned a lesson?

>Ability to mourn lack of songs
if you do this you're a faggot

>Example: being able to describe how hilarious close Aragorn and Arwen are on the family tree

About a hundred generations?

>Feanor is completely right about something
>"wow why won't Feanor shut up this thing he was right about what an asshole"

Nah, Galadriel just loves fucking with people she doesn't like. She didn't give a damn about potential consequences or Gimli, she just thought it would be hilarious to spit on the graves of everyone she used to disrespect.

>Legolas replaces all of the hairs Gimli got from Galadriel with one of his own hairs and Gimli doesn't notice

>Here, have this
>Smell them, put them under your pillow, jack off, idgaf, just dont make any jewels
>Fucking weirdos, whats wrong with those people?

How come in LOTR Legolas never mentions the girl elf from the Hobbit movies. Wasn't she a good friend?

>Implying Tauriel isn't the greatest character in the Tolkienverse

Hobbit isn't canon

giving/keeping hair as memento was a fairly popular and pure practice for a long time, tons of references to it in folklore all over the world. it is, after all, part of someone that is disposable, which enables all kinds of romantic interpretations.

>Something has changed with the hairs I received from Lady Galadriel, Lelogas
>Oh? How could Galadriel's everlasting, golden hair change?
>They smell of semen. And it's not mine.

Forgot muh pic

Arwen is a fucking pedo

Ill admit Pippin song was tasteful. They could've ended TfotR by mourning Boromir. Maybe fading into the credits that way, even cutting to Frodo and Sam boa ting away.

Reminder that Ar Pharazon was the last true king of man and also did nothing wrong.

You've uncovered my clever ruse, well done, take this (You), it will be a kek when all other keks fail.

>Having sex with a 80+ year old is pedophilia
But it's fun to think how long she lived before he was even born. Anybody know?

>Coming to terms that merging Eomer and Erkenbrand was wise
No it wasn't. It robbed us of Eomer and Aragorn fighting together at Helm's Deep and becoming bros.

my point is there are far too many songs in the books

Yeah my grandma gave my grandpa a lock of her hair to keep with him during the war. tfw rubbed it on myself to feel what a girl's hair felt like Not my proudest moment.

According to Google she is 2710 years old when she met Aragorn.