In your opinion, if Ghost in the shell and Death Note, which are big Hollywood productions...

In your opinion, if Ghost in the shell and Death Note, which are big Hollywood productions, become huge or even moderate successes, will we see a trend of anime and manga being adapted into movies?
Will projects like Cameron's Alita or that live action Akira be re-vitalized? Which other source materials are most suitable for an american normie audience?

>None of them
>No trend
>Alita is going on by Robert Rodriguez
>Akira never ever
>Monster should have been done by Guillermo del Toro but it's not gonna happen never ever becuase that fatfuck gets all his things canceled because he's that much of fat jesus christ why you are so fat del Toro you event went to video games now because you are now even more fatter because playing video games all day night with Kojima which is a fucking westaboo who wants to make movies but he's not getting any chance because japanese film industry is shit so he makes 9 hours long cutscenes in his video games so he can believe he can do movies so he now hires Le walking dead crossbow man and Mads to be in his video games because Mads is now everywhere as the bad guy with his square face and mongolian eyes looking so meany.

>Akira never ever

I so hope this is true, ever since I'd heard rumors of a live action version years ago I've been stockpiling ammo so I can go on a killing spree in Hollywood if they actually go through with it.

Death Note was turned into a netflix movie you ape.

Taco should really stick to adapting pre-established source material. He's a good director and excellent with all things mise-en-scene, but he's an awful writer. Back when watching crimson peak the thing that really stood out was the awful dialogues but it all came clear when the credits rolled with del torro for screenplay...
I actually read the first few chapters of his vampire novel thing, it reads like bad fan-fiction and it doubt he's doing it ironically...

>JOHNNNYYYY!
>STEVEEEEEN!

Is L still a negro?

Still a movie, it's not like a tv-movie tier or something.

Hollywood can probably adapt mangos and animes better than Nips TO BE HONEST.

Nip directors always try and bring the idiosyncrasies of manga to the film at it ends up just being cringy as shit. All the exaggerated reactions and sounds makes them unwatchable.

>muted slowmotion close-up of character's mouth gasping in awe

Kek has spoken, weebs ABSOLUTELY BTFO.

OF COURSE

live action anime and manga movies often suffer from having to reconsile budgetary constraints with predominantly extravagant settings...

also there has to be something wrong with the japanese VFX industry, maybe they use dated programs, their cg consistently looks like it's from the late 90s, in the US even independent movies can do better.

serious question, will they also change Ls manerism and speech to fit this casting change? Him crouching on a chair like some massive autist looked silly when he was a skinny japanese - if the black dude those that the audience's gonna burst out laughing...

except del taco is also terrible at adapting pre-established source material. have you read his screenplay for mountains of madness (based on the lovecraft novella)? it's literally cringe city, like if a 10 year old high on sugar though to himself that his lovecraft shit is kinda cool but would be much cooler with, like, EXPLOSIONS and, uh, EPIC QUIPS!!! Oh and let's make Cthulhu a kaiju (that's japanese for monster lol) and have it throw a ship at the screen IN 3D XD!!!

The VFX I don't get, even larger budget titles look like absolute shit most of the time.

>Implying Kanye won't personally fund it

>Rodriguez

I'd say that's not a bad choice given the tone of the source material but I'm worried this also means a massice scale-back for the project. Cameron has such a huge scope, I'd have loved to see him develop the world of Alita, the aesthetics of terminator go perfect with it...

Kanye has adapted absolute pretentiousness and egotism to such an extent that it warrants nothing but applause. I'd unironically love to see him do a feature film. Too bad he's finally gone insane and wants to found a large tech company or something

kayne went bankrupt, so no, he will not.

that's exactly what I'm saying. He needs to stick to sets and directing and let someone else write the screenplay. Also he's probably terrible in dealing with studios and/or budgets since all his shit gets cancelled. Now were getting fucking pacific rim 2 but no conclusion to hellboy while ron perlam gets older by the hour...

haha. how. but as long as he's only broke and not in debt he could always shit out a "daring" new album and make a few million bucks

Soon.

>Cameron's Alita
shut up about this he let it go to someone else.

Almost 100%. Light looks like a twink instead of a Chad and L looks like an R&B singer. Black L new quirkiness will be tourette's and he'll say nigger at random.

I'm so happy that British kid isn't being shoved in my face all the time. I fucking hate that buck toothed grin and retard accent.

Comic/cartoon adaptions will never work, comics are already visual and anything in live action will be a flaccid retread.

I'd actually like to see a detective conan film. it's a neat concept and relatively grounded, they'd have to get a good child actor though which seems to be impossible these probably because they're all too traumatized from being passed around like a joint at a sorority party...

All I want is a high-budget (Syfy? HBO?) adaptation of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, with all the Imperial characters speaking German with subtitles.

>Light looks like a twink instead of a Chad

This is worse than making L black, bitches being all over Lights cock is a major plot point for god's sake

>"all i want to do is whitewash"

fuck you.

If he packed on the pounds Kanye could play the Clown leader in a live action film aka the only black guy in Neo Tokyo

Cry a river nigga!

careful not to fall for it

Do you think there's a single living Hollywood director who could improve upon the original? Akira's pretty much a perfect movie...