youtu.be/teTOkGXa_W8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How would marvel handle this scene

zod says "you didn't see that coming?" as superman snaps his neck

lois is replaced by black widow and does a leg suplex thing on clark

I'm cracking up just looking at this image. snyder you absolute madman

Exactly the same but make a billion dollars

fun fact, nobody has ever explained what was wrong with superman killing zod

they wouldnt of had such a retard scene in the first place.

>wouldn't of

Supes pull Zods head up and the camera pans outside the building with a huge laser shooting out and destroying the building, killing the people regardless.
Zoe dies from using toom much energy, and Supes feels bad about himself.

but it's important that you never show any people die or anything

there's just the implication of death, it's never seen

otherwise kids might get sad

Why didn't Superman just cover Zod's eyes with his hand?

1. his hand would just get blown away, heat vision is shown to be quite powerful in MoS

2. zod says he's going to kill everyone on the planet, superman either has to kill him or every human dies. it's not just about those 5 people in the room.

Why Kryptonians have the power to fire lasers from their eyes?

I can understand that his body was made for another gravity/planet and then they have more strength or speed, even flying could be explain because the difference in gravity.

But how do you explain the lasers from the eyes?

where they get that energy from?

how an eye can make a laser?

They have actually. The movie does nothing to really establish that Superman doesn't kill so when he's finally "forced" to kill Zod there's no real emotional impact. I've been saying this for a while but I found this video today that actually articulates so many of the things wrong with MoS youtu.be/teTOkGXa_W8

>Zod is killed
>Superman kneels down
>I need some shawarma

>Zod fires his lazors
>Spidey walks in, saves everyone and leaves with a quip
>Supes, with an RDJ-esque beard and unusually high heels on his red boots, snaps his neck and looks down to him in disgust instead of crying for having to kill the last member of his race
>Lois (played by Gwyneth Paltrow) awkwards walks in, also in high heels
>they quip a little, improvising dialogue, then they kiss
>AC/DC starts playing
>"SHOOT TO THRILL, PLAY TO KILL"
>roll credits
>directed by Joss Whedon

this is so funny because that's how actually handle emotional stuff

tell that to zods snapped neck

>it's okay if I kill Zod
>but no way I am going to allow a human to kill human criminals

Really makes you think

Nigga Supes disintegrated that nigger terrorist in BVS by flying him at supersonic speed through a wall.

Superman would not overeact or cry and just make a quip directed at the audience, something like "lol what would you have me do?". Everyone would accept him killing Zod because it would be lighthearted and tongue in cheek.

why didn't Zod just terraform mars?

>*snaps neck*
>"Does anyone have any orange slices?"

2 things

1. i don't know why "forced" is in quotes, unless you think that killing is never ever ever ever justified - ie you're retarded - superman was justified in killing him. he had no alternative. so by any rational standard of morality, superman was forced to kill zod.

2. the film doesn't restate what everyone already knows, but jor-el does emphasize the moral principle embodied in "hope" that every individual can be a force for good. killing someone is expressing that this person can no longer be a force for good. so it's tragic because here's jor el stating this as a principle of the ideal superman is meant to embody, and then superman is FORCED to kill zod, essentially saying "this person can no longer be a force for good."

one of these, probably
don't forget the 3-4 seconds pause to let the audience laugh over the quip before dialogue can continue

Superman would hesitate, then Batman would put a kryptonite spear through Zod's chest. Supes just shakes his head and tells Bruce that they're going to talk about this later. Bruce winks and tells him to get back to his girlfriend.

They should have established him as the good old-fashioned goody two-shoes Superman earlier and in the previous film, but they didn't. So he's right, there is no impact of him learning he has to kill.

And that decision itself is questionable as something Superman "needs" to learn. I view that as a sloppy failure in writing, taking a cheap way out (and doing a terrible job of it at that, as discussed above.)

ON A FARM?

>Dance off bro
>They all start doing the Zod Dance

This. This is the actual Marvel one.

>Zod: What are you [pause] doing?
>Supes becomes a quipping machine
>Lois and Clark hold hands and destroy him with the power of love

>having a villain attack people is retarded

Mars is already taken by Dr Manhattan. But seriously, it's because Clark has the codex. It'd be pretty pointless to create a new Krypton and not be able to create people to suit certain needs whilst "cutting of degenerative bloodlines"

>The movie does nothing to really establish that Superman doesn't kill
How the fuck could you do that? He didn't actually kill anyone apart from teh Kryptonians.

>Lois and Clark hold hands and destroy him with the power of love
I'm ok with this.

You can put humans in prison. What is he going to do with Zod?

Absolute utter shit. I tried to rewatch this last night and didn't make it through.
What an idiotic pile of junk.

Look at this Marvel fanboy, why don't you go rewatch Guardians of the Galaxy for the 15th time.

>building up the fact that Clark was raised by farmland U.S.A. and has virtue and morals whilst also benefiting from his Kryptonian DNA. He has to make a choice between his two identities. Fight to preserve humans or fight for Krypton
>killing Zod is pointless. There's no build-up, tension, and now Superman is a killer who thinks inmates dying because of Batman is bad even though he's complacent about Zod
Some people will just never get it

Where in my post did I mention marvel, you sorry triggered fuck.
Are you even 16 yet? Go get fucked, you loser

this line was so fucking terrible, I'm convinced it was an attempt to see at what drivel they can stick in a "quip moment" and still have the general audience laugh at it.

I think the answer is "absolutely anything"

It's a joke, retard

Good advice.

Guardians of the Galaxy is a far superior movie.

Well for one Michael Shannon wouldn't have been in a MCU film, since he's incredibly anti-Trump and MCU is very pro-Trump.

I was gonna post the same thing
what the fuck were they thinking?

>remember Batman, brutalizing criminal is bad!
>now excuse me while I fly this guy in the sky at supersonic speed scaring him to death because he threatened my girlfriend

Really activated my neurons

Why didn't Zod just move his eyes in their sockets? Has he got severe opthalmoplegia bilaterally?

The beams only go straight.

They said the same about me but tell that to my gaping anus.

>Literally destroys a small town and a major metropolitan city
>Thousands of casualties
>Kills Zod so he doesn't kill 3 people

>she was my world and you took her from me
>Lois, you are my world
>did the nightmares ever stop? They did when i met your mother. She was my whole world Clark
Clark's actions have consequence. There's always a negative part of the outcome when he takes matters into his own hands. He's flawed already but, like lots of people, makes rash decisions based on his love for Lois.

>what is the point of the flooding farms and drowning horses story???
>I'm too stupid to follow a development between multiple movies

Yes, i'm sure those would have been the last three and if Superman had just left Zod to kill them in the first place everyhting else would have been fine.

>*crack*
>If you love your neck so much you can mourn for it

I am genuinely surprised someone is defending this film. I thought people who liked these sorts of superhero shitflicks just didn't care.

>Doesn't give a shit about the thousands of people he has killed over the course of his fight.
>But is willing to murder to save three random people.
>Three random people who had ample time to move out of the way of his lasers.
>And Superman had the power to just twist his neck out of the way to buy them time, but didn't.
It's forced melodrama, almost on the same level of tripe as Oscar bait.

Why didn't he just fly up at extreme speeds?

I especially liked how they both spent the last hour flying through buildings like they were nothing, but suddenly in this room they can't fly in any direction anymore

>"We redirected the flood alright. Sent it to the Lang farm. All their horses drowned. Your grandmother baked me a cake, called me a hero. While i ate my hero cake i could here horses wailing"
Hmm, i wonder what the point of this story was???

That the DCEU sucks and it'll never improve because nobody wants it to improve.

Dude, it is a good line. Zod looks down on anything not military since he was engineered for military use, literally viewing it as subhuman laywork.

MoS was a good movie.

Thanks Mickey, how are things at the house of mouse?

There would be no internal conflict and the hero would snap his neck without hesitation
Followed by
>"Looks like you finally caught a break"

People like you are why the DCEU will always be a joke. Either they stay the course and they continue delivering under their expectations or they become good and DCucks accuse the DCEU of "selling out to Marvel" or some shit.

Congrats, DCEU is dead, and you killed it.

>The movie does nothing to really establish that Superman doesn't kill

The movie did not have a responsibility to do this you fucking retard. Film is not about pandering for fucking arbitrary plebeian comic canon horse shit details.

Haha fag, you're the one that veered off discussion instead of keeping on the topic that Superman is touted a hero even though he feels he shouldn't be because he messed up saving the day. One of the central complaints of the movie is one of the main questions it wants its audience to ponder. Jesus you're butthurt, tell Mickey to go easy on you tonight

>The movie did not have a responsibility to do this you fucking retard.
>It's not like it's an origin story or the beginning of a cinematic universe or anything, GOD!

Can you even attempt to meet me halfway here? I wouldn't be in this thread if I didn't like DC on some level.

Snyder just fucked everything up, we had an awesome set of tv shows like Superman TAS, we had video games like Injustice, we had decades worth of comics that also dealt with the death of Superman, yet in one fell swoop, they not only missed the entire point of what made Superman great but they also went out of their way to squander every opportunity they had based on the direction they decided to take this movie.

I wish I was a Marvelfag, at least if I was I could feel happy about how shitty the DCEU is doing. Instead, I'm just heartbroken.

Disney should just go ahead and buy DC too

Fuck you and your wrong opinions, MoS was great and your bias against Snyder has blinded you to it.

>"what was i supposed to do, just let them die?"
Just because it's not explicitly stated does not mean it's not touched upon

They probably would have set-up the character trait that Superman is morally opposed to killing others first, you know, for bigger impact.

It's something that a professional writer would do.

MoS is shit, it ruins everything that made Superman an inspiring character and left us with this charismatic simp whose unfit to wear the S on his chest.

He allows a small town and a city to get blown up, his negligence has lead to the death of thousands, he wandered around the world like a hobo until he was 30 years old, his father dies in front of him and he doesn't even do anything to save him, I could fucking go on.

Nothing in this movie tells me this is Superman. If you took away the costume and changed the names around, I'd honestly believe this movie was a Superman ripoff like "Hancock" or something but with slightly better production values.

I'm so sick of Snyder, he's ruined every movie he's touched and he's likely going to be the head of this shitshow until Marvel's cinematic universe is done and DC doesn't have to play catch up anymore.

Underrated

> He allows a small town and a city to get blown up, his negligence has lead to the death of thousands,

Gay

Fuck of nancy boi, no one wants your 1930's vision.

Except that's exactly what it means dear. I can count the number of times Clark gives a shit about humanity, based on his actions during MoS, on one hand.

He saves people from an oil tanker explosion, he claims that his mother cannot be replaced, he kills Zod to save a random family, he saves a school bus of children from drowning...and that's it.

Isn't Superman from the 1930's?