Is Black Mirror any good? I watched the first episode and it was pretty funny...

Is Black Mirror any good? I watched the first episode and it was pretty funny, but I want to know if the rest of the series is quality before I get too invested in it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nah it's liberal shit

makes me think of a big poo!

It's Twilight Zone for tumblr and Reddit, avoid it

There's not much of it and it has a few really great episodes. Even the episodes that aren't great are enjoyable on one level or another.

Season 1 episode 3 is one of the best so if you're wavering you could try watching that and seeing if you enjoy it.

Considering each episode is its own story you don't really have to commit to anything. just watch an episode when you're bored.
if you don't like it, the next episode is probably completely different.

Watch the rest of season 1 and the Christmas Special.

The rest is meh, but there's two episodes from the most recent Season that are watchable.

Black mirror is like Sherlock, it makes stupid people think they watched something smart.

It's good. Best anthology show in a very long time. Sometimes the message triggers sensitive pussies.

There's an episode featuring Hayley Atwell's breasts
But in general Black Mirror is hit-or-miss, it's brief enough that some episodes will probably appeal to you though. If you don't find yourself liking one you could just skip it, they're all pretty self-contained.

Nice parroted opinion faggot

>I watched the first episode and it was pretty funny
I don't think it was supposed to be funny?

I still cant believe they had the Prime Minister fuck a pig on live TV

Immersion ruined, honestly in real life they'd have let the bitch die

They had a guy fuck a pig on national television as if that would ever happen in reality ever

Yes, it was fucking hilarious

Yeah I mean I'd fuck a dead pig any day, but a live pig that's honestly gross. It can't consent

What said, although I think it was compounded by how seriously the show took itself/tried to be given how inherently ridiculous the situation was.

The farther the show strays from modern reality, the most silly and pseudo-intellectual it becomes.

In other words, there's a random smattering of quality. Some episode are good while some episodes are moronic.

Yeah but he had to do it to save the girl, also it was super-humiliating for him to do it in front of the whole world.

to be honest, I was high and as such the situation seemed to carry a lot of gravity.

How the fuck can it carry a lot of gravity when its not realistic at all?

In real life it wouldn't even be a discussion, they would have let the bitch die. The whole concept is so absurd yet its played so seriously by everyone that it is fucking hilarious

It's black comedy, you're allowed to laugh.

It was really, really funny. Basically this , it used all the genre tropes of a serious political thriller. And then it's about fucking a pig.

But tbqh, what really made it for me in that episode was how quickly it changed from hilarity to disgust to sadness.

Just like my sex life.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief

>In real life it wouldn't even be a discussion, they would have let the bitch die.
how do you know?
also why? because you can't show bestiality on tv?
>The whole concept is so absurd
yep
>its played so seriously by everyone
exactly

it's basically a thought piece on what would actually happen in that situation
the political / twitter shit rang through for me
"75% of the public say that they would respect you for doing it"
all of that shit playing a role in it
it was interesting anyway

oh I see, you're 15 years old and still eat this garbage up

I bet you're mesmerized by the seriousness of those super hero movies too. Fuck off you fucking pleb child

haha jesus
>eat this garbage up
what garbage?
>I bet you're mesmerized by the seriousness of those super hero movies too
yeah I get mesmerized by seriousness all the time

>duuuddeee just turn ur brain off lmaoooo

why are you so angry about this?
what part of it do you have such a problem with?
the fact that the prime minister went through with it? because that's explained fairly well in the episode

You should watch from S3 San Junipero, Shut up and Dance and the one with Bryce and Alice Eve, forgot the name. That's about it.