How would you fix them?

How would you fix them?
Getting rid of them is not an answer.

Tell the story entirely from Anakin's prespective, start story with Anakin as a student of Obi-Wan but clearly show them having a close friendship.

Nice trips

Make them about characters in the Star Wars universe that aren't related to the Skywalkers. This means not making them about Vader's backstory.

Well, first I would go re-watch the original trilogy because there are continuity errors fucking everywhere in the prequels.

I dig it.

Also have Padme be more active in the senate. Have her opposed/suspicious of the Jedi council while Palpatine is more of an advisor. When something inevitably happens to her (either being the Jedi's fault or through Palatine's manipulation), Anakin loses his shit in a much more understandable way.

I would "fix" them by redoing the original trilogy but set in the prequel trilogy era. People like that apparently.

I would focus on Anakin way less actually, reduce him to cameos. We dont need to see him turning into a bad guy really. I would make it more about the decline of the Jedi and rise of the Empire, probably has the empire rising to power in the second movie with only a handful of Jedi resisting them.

Also no fucking space taxes or trade deals

-No Jar Jar
-Introduce the clone troopers earlier, make them the bad guys
-Darth Maul can stay, but give him more than 2 lines and actually give him a reason to exist

More Jedi. Less politics.

Aside from minor details, like cutting out "roger roger" and all that shit:

Anakin should be a teenager at the beginning with flashes of having anger issues/a "dark side" but whose heart is still in the right place. This would make the whole "he's too old to train" seem a bit less weird to the audience.

Delete them from existence. Never remake them. The story of Anakin becoming Darth Vader is better left to the imagination.

More fleshed out space politics, hire writers from TNG and Battlestar galactica

Tupac as Mace Windu
Michael Jackson as Jar Jar
Padme pursues and tempts Anakin.
Qui-Gon shows up as a force ghost at the end of RotS.
More puppets and models.

THIS

Showing more obi wan and anakin interactions. It should show how anakin sort of drifted away from obi wan or how their friendship is slowly deterating. More of the missions that obi wan and anakin seem to talk about.

When Obi Wan says he has the high ground I would remaster it in CGI so he is more then 4 feet about Anakin

Get rid of the crap about Jedi not being allowed lovers because that is crap and it's hard to write. Obi-wan and Darth and Yoda all had their reasons for celibacy in the originals it wasn't cause of some stupid code.

Turn Anakin into pic related. Introduce him as a teenager in Episode 1 so that the romance with Padme doesn't come off as creepy.

> Getting rid of them is not an answer.

Pay attention, user

Make them the thrall trilogy.
You know, the only thing related to star wars that doesn't eat shit other than the original films.
That thing.

Make the midochlorians more prominent.

By not letting this happen

A key part of the prequels is the republic's transition into the empire, and in order to show this and to emphasize this, I believe there definitely has to be more political discourse. The problem was that every time the Senate appeared it was for the sake of exposition, which made what should have been the most thought provoking part of the movies incredibly dull scenes to slog through. I believe that each movie should have one extended debate between two adversaries on moral issues affecting the entire galaxy.
I also believe the Jedi order should remain hidden. I don't like the idea of the capital of an entire sect of telekinetic monks lying in the heart of a city-planet, that's a ridiculous idea to me. Only a few Jedi should appear at a time and they should never get involved in the war. The Jedi would be seen as somewhat of a myth in my star wars prequels, everything about them can only be learned by romantic tales of their weapons and abilities. As a subplot a fledgling Jedi will search for Sith relics, in pursuit of the fabled Darth plageius and his unbound knowledge of the force.

Yeah older anakin would be my idea, start him off at 14 and clone wars start at the end of phantom menace. second movie is obi wan and anakin as war buddies, while on leave he romances padme and by the end he's disillusioned with the jedi order and all their rules and their place in the galaxy and he leaves with troops loyal to him after being convinced by the chancellor to join him as apprentice. Revenge of the sith is about obi wan tracking him down after hearing that anakin and his troops have been hindering the republics war effort and even killing jedi, he wants to reason with him before mace windu and his newly formed team of jedi inquisitors find him and bring him to "justice"(they are secretly told to kill him by some of the masters who see the rogue jedi as a great threat, even if he surrenders) padme dies in child birth and obi wan finds anakin after he and his clone troops fight and kill the team, anakin, thinking obi wan is with them fights him loses, telling him he's sorry and to bring his light saber to his son when hes old enough. As anakin lies there burnt and dismembered he realizes there's no redemption for what he's done and accepts death only to be "saved" by the emperor (btw all the political stuff happens but much shorter only showing the rise from senator to chancellor to emperor through political savvy). With the jedi defeated and the war over the newly minted lord vader has no choice but to serve as a rabid dog on a short leash, unwilling to take his life and unable to deal with his pain the only solace he finds is in the red haze of his rage.

Holy shit kek.

Lucas confirmed hack.

I wasn't on board until the end desu but now I love it.

I like your idea of having them not be so integrated as they are, but I want more of a third-force sort of Jedi, telekinetic warrior monks aware of intergalactic affairs but not a significant part of intergalactic politics.

It'd be fun to have them separate, on whatever temple-planet type shit seems appropriate, and have the same Anakin-Vader story. Instead of Annie-wunderkind, pre-teen hero of Naboo, start out with teenage Anakin with only memories and ambition from his slave life. Have his friendship/arrogant relationship with his mentorbro Obi Wan take up the first half, and then have them drift away towards eventual rivalry, with Anakin becoming Vader at the moment of his betrayal of OB1. Anakin is an optimist being perverted by ends-justify-means decisions while fighting to stop some shadow-rebellion BBEG sith type thing that threatens the republic and the galaxy as a whole. JEdi stay out, Anakin separates and leads some jedi with him since he's duh chosen one, and then at the climax you have civil war in the jedi, mutual annihilation, and then betrayal of the remaining followers of Anakin by him and the Sith BBEG who turns out to be a leader above OB1 on the side opposing Anakin. They go on to become Emperor & Vader, OB1 goes into hiding, and anakin's jedi love interest who leaves him in act two spits out luke and leia and gets killed during fight with ob1.

it's perfect

Do you think we will ever get a Clone Wars movie? After the last two I feel like anything could happen, it would be pretty cool to see more Clone battles, especially with today's technology

episode 3 is my favorite of all star wars movie

Minimal changes version to fix them is to age up Anakin, dump Jar Jar and come up with a less convoluted way of getting to Kamino and Geonosis in episode 2. Simply having better writing/acting during the love scenes will make a major difference. Neither 1 nor 3 were terrible, but 3 will feel much better if the set up to it (AotC) isn't so awful.

Just dumping Jar Jar and making Anakin a young adult (and a few dialogue changes to go with his new age) fix the most obviously irritating parts of 1, which was otherwise a fine movie.

The hardmode fix is coming up with a completely new story to be consistent with the OT- older Anakin, Jedi are obscure enough to be forgotten or not believed in by Luke's time etc etc. I have no time for this however.

hire different directors
remove most of the CGI in lieu of practical effects
delete most of anakin's lines. make him essentially silent and an observer. obi-wan is a talker and has to defend the jedi order's hypocrisy against the silent arguments he projects onto anakin's facial expressions

obi-wan should doubt the jedi order as much as anakin, not a blind follower like mace window

Don't contradict what was stated in Episode IV.

>Anakin was a pupuil of mine until he turned to evil
>He was seduced by the dark side of the force
>He was the best star pilot in the galaxy
>We fought in the Clone War(s)
>He was a good friend

Make the prequels the story of Obi Wan and his apprentice Anakin as they learn, live, and fight through a series of clone wars during the end of the Old Republic. Give them a primary antagonist that serves as a foil for Obi Wan, and have Anakin be the robin to Obi Wan's batman. Palpatine has a big role to play, and so does the politics of the republic, but the Jedi aren't an order of creepy monks, instead they are an order of noble knights that are slowly dwindling due to the constant clone wars and it is when they are at their most stretched and weakest that the Sith pull of their coup.

Kurz was really the soul behind Star Wars

For me the biggest problem is the acting and actors chosen. Completely recast and make sure the acting is up to snuff. Then restructure the story to be more about how the empire formed and the emperor's manipulation of Anikin into Vader. Then I would put some BS in about a reason the emperor wanted an empire outside of hurr Durr ultimate power that would allow me to make a sequel trilogy in the future.

Ep 1 :
- Qui-Gon is a jedi outcast that is training Kenobi in the outer rim. He rarely contacts or is contacted by the jedi order since his methods are unorthodox and he prefers to work on the fringes.
During some mediation deal with the Hutts Qui-Gon and Kenobi accidentally bump into Anakin, who is a star pilot in the podracing circuit. Somehow the Hutts are linked to the Trade Federation and the Sith, which opens up the scale of the plot after the introduction.
The trail leads them to Naboo, which is already under a blockade and Darth Maul. Padme is only introduced at the very end, as is Palpatine, the Sith and the newly established CIS.

Basically have Qui-Gon be so outside of the system that him investigating some small matter in the outer rim leads him to a larger plot so the audience can discover that with him. Anakin tags along and proves himself worthy of jedi training in the third act.

Ep2 is a full blown wars between the CIS and the Republic, which escalated because of the events of Ep1 when the TF was defeated over Naboo. Anakin reaches the rank of jedi knight, proves himself in the war and romances Padme.

Ep3 is mostly the same but less cheesy and Anakin's fall is because he disagrees with the order, which prefers to not intervene in the galactic war or political matters while the Sith offer him just that and a lot more personal power and say.

each movie would just be two hours of padme getting pounded by obi wan and anakin, the last one ends with obi wan pimping her out to some blacks and totally pranking anakin by using the force to dump hot lava on him which leads directly into ANH

>https //youtu.be/ VgICnbC2-_Y

Watch the entire series, best alternate structure I've seen.

1. Get a different head writer and a different director. Lucas is only allowed to be the "idea guy".
2. Start at the clone wars, skip all that child Anakin BS.
3. Use practical effects as much as possible. Some CGI is inevitable but it should be used with care.

There's a billion other things I could list but these are the big changes that need to be made.

I remember a friend selling me on a version of the trilogy being about Obi Wan and Anakin as a buddy cop series.

Why fix what ain't broke?

Not really. Dude just wanted a buck.

First movie about a teenage anakin under obi wan. There's a little reference to situation in the republic but it's more about anakin and obi wan. Ends leading up to the clone wars.

Second film is entirely the clone wars. A lot of Anakin's change happened during the clone wars and we play that up more. Show instances of clone troopers dying as a result of republic politics and red tape.

Third movie is similar to ROTS, just handled better. The switch isn't entirely about saving padme or whatever but it plays a role. fix pacing issues, more conflict within anakin about his actions. Also movie ends after Anakin becomes Vader and shows him chasing down and slicing up a jedi.

oh yea name one?

I'd rip off LOTR. Condense characters, tweak them obviously.

Decades ago many planets began to bind together as a single empire. It's been slowly expanding ever since.

A secret group from the republic fear this expanding empire as more fold and join its cause. The jedi and some colonists on a remote world have determined the emperor typically brainwashes people. They are compelled to follow him. They find a way to release the hold he has on people with an ancient jedi ritual and they go to uncover this crystal.

The colonists are clones. Padme(changing her name too.... cause fuck that) would be a clone. The CLONES, not the jedi, would be forbidden to marry and have children. Cause... clones. Eventually more clone systems would rally in to fight the emporeor, but a twist being a clone planet goes to the emporeor as well. So its clone vs clone! The jedi even experiment with it.

Kenobi would die. OB1 is a clone and later he takes the name Ben of his uncle who he died, who raised him and inspired him to become a jedi.

Remove all the anakin chosen one shit. He is a young teenager, cocky and shit. Like the hobbits. Vader would show up in part 2. He wouldn't kill anyone, but he would boss people around, intimidate and do nefarious things to get what he wants. Breaking in, lying, some kind of situation where the band of jedi disapproved and moved on, but in a mask, Vader made it happen.

Id have it heavily implied that Vader killed anakin. I would NOT explicitly show anakin become vader. Vader would be like racer x, its own character. Who we don't see as Darth Vader till part 3. Where he willingly joins emporeor to become stronger, as the jedi never respected his way.

The crystal jedi ritual would be completed by the end of the 3rd movie, but they find it doesn't release people from the emporeors hold, that the emporeor has to be killed.

Yoda would not appear, C3p0 and R2 might..... maybe. No chewie.... Obi-wai for sure.

I could go on and on and on...